Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2007, 01:15   #1

HU with USB control for Santro Xing

I want a HU for my recently purchased Santro Xing, which has a USB direct control. My budget is max 7k for the HU ( I dont mind pruchasing without B&W ) . I have seen many models, like Sony CDX - GT460U , Pioneer 5950, Pioneer 6950, and some models from Kenwood and JVC ( dont remember the model ) .

I am confused because :
1) I have not heard good things about Sony's HU ( some say that its lense is sensitive )
2) If I go with Pioneer 5950IB , 6950IB , then I will have to buy the extra cable - CD - 100U ( I hope I am right )
3) I have a Kenwood MP4070 ( 2 DIN ) in my Honda City , and it gave me lot of problems in running CDs. ( Currently , it doesnt run any CDs, and I am unable to get it repaired )

So please suggest me the best HU with USB control within 7k ( w/o B&W) . Any good brand that is available in India ( in grey market ) will do . Please mention the model number specifically
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud84 View Post
I want a HU for my recently purchased Santro Xing, which has a USB direct control. My budget is max 7k for the HU ( I dont mind pruchasing without B&W ) .
Why not JVC. They are VFM.
Old 3rd August 2007, 01:21   #3

I am sorry to be naive, but I have gone thru lot of threads, and I still dont understand the meaning of VFM ... Can u plz tell me what it means

I saw 2 unpopular brands , and did like them too - Panasonic and JVC . How are HUs from these brands ?
Old 3rd August 2007, 01:51   #4

Sorry, I just got the meaning of VFM ...

Anyways, how is JVC KD-G635 , it has USB input. But I guess it will be expensive.

And how are JVC and Panasonic HUs in general ? Do I need a B&W specifically for these brands ?
Old 3rd August 2007, 02:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry to be naive, but I have gone thru lot of threads, and I still dont understand the meaning of VFM ... Can u plz tell me what it means

I saw 2 unpopular brands , and did like them too - Panasonic and JVC . How are HUs from these brands ?
VFM -> value for money.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...explained.html

they also make good HU but they are no so popular on this side of the forum. some like them some not. Maybe due to features, look, sound etc..
Old 3rd August 2007, 03:02   #6
BHPian

@ darkcloud : there is nothign wrong with a sony HU if you know how to drive safe and Rally around the streets and sharp corners!

i would recommend you go for any pioneer or sony with a front USB in you will easily get one in grey!
Old 3rd August 2007, 08:17   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And how are JVC and Panasonic HUs in general ?
The entry level JVC HUs are not so much to my liking, but their higher end HUs are pretty darn good. I also use a Panasonic HU and I'm very happy with it's construction, reliability and sound.

They're just harder to find in this country.
Old 3rd August 2007, 08:39   #8
BHPian

Sam bhai even I thought that Sony xplod CDX GT460 US wud be a good buy at first then u guys warned me about sony's reliability moreover I've been using a Sony MHC GX2000 mini-hifi audio system at my home for the last 5-6 years and all I can say about it is real pain in the a$$.I wish I had bought some local deck and that would have given me better service.I would certainly steer clear off sony unless they have really improved themselves in recent times...I'd take your advice and probably go for the Pioneer 6950 HU anyday....
Old 3rd August 2007, 10:34   #9
Team-BHP Support

2 other entry level HUs that seem to be goof VFM are the PIo 2950 and the Blau Mumbai. Blau is backed by one of the best A.S.S in India. Pio is ofcourse more available esp without B&W.
Old 3rd August 2007, 10:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
there is nothign wrong with a sony HU if you know how to drive safe and Rally around the streets and sharp corners!
Imagine that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
then u guys warned me about sony's reliability moreover I've been using a Sony MHC GX2000 mini-hifi audio system at my home for the last 5-6 years and all I can say about it is real pain in the a$$...
Even in Japan Sony products have the reputation of failing the day the warranty is over. But of course, service is legendary there.

They haven't got their act together in India yet. Panasonic service is way ahead, even though they use small local outfits as the authorized service front-ends. And they *are* competent.
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:04   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
:
Even in Japan Sony products have the reputation of failing the day the warranty is over. But of course, service is legendary there.
In my studio days we called them "Sony Baloney". Much of their equipment failed early. But I loved their 3324 PCM machines and their video monitors. those were really reliable.
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:04   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly I think Panasonic is very underrated. I think their head units are nice.
Old 3rd August 2007, 16:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Honestly I think Panasonic is very underrated. I think their head units are nice.
they sound nice but there display are a bit flashy...

Video of panasonic - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 3rd August 2007, 22:29   #14

I dont want to fidget with my car doors and tray. Hence I am planning to use the stock provided for Santro Xing. It is 4" in front , and 5.25 " at rear.

How is this config -

JBL GTO427 in front
JBL GTO507c ( CS) for rear ...

Is it advisable to put CS in rears ? I have heard its used more for front . I am planning to put a Pioneer 3950/4950/5950 with this ? As u know , my budget is 10-12k w/o B&W

And if need comes, I will install a amp later. What say ?
Old 4th August 2007, 11:00   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it advisable to put CS in rears ? I have heard its used more for front . I am planning to put a Pioneer 3950/4950/5950 with this ? As u know , my budget is 10-12k w/o B&W
CS will save you a bit of money. Very useful when you are on a budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks