Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2007, 15:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
LBM, 1.34ohms = 1ohm beside you know quite well that these are NOMINAL impedances. Woofers particularly are quite inductive.
Sir I agree with you 100 % and the resistance of the sub changes with freq a lot. But if we go by the book and the impedence given but the manufacture will the three 4 ohms svc subs will parallel have 1 ohms or 1.34 ohms load.
Old 5th August 2007, 15:29   #47
BHPian

Gunbirji,

Excellento work done.. again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
it retails here for Rs 87000.
And please, stop spreading cardiac arrests by posting such details .

I have a friend who also owns 2007 white CRV. I've e-mailed him this thread's link. Right now he's in Manala.. oops Manali . I'm sure you'll get to hear from him very soon indeed.

cheers

rev_hard

OT: is it just me or does everyone see a '+' sign as a suffix to Gunbir's handle in the Who's online listing? What does this imply/signify?

Last edited by rev_hard : 5th August 2007 at 15:32.
Old 5th August 2007, 15:31   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Even in this case the impedance of 3 SEAS subs is not 1.33333333 Ohms.

Anyways FYI the amplifiers are tuned according to the final impedance presented to it. Whether it is subwoofers / speakers, each one's impedance was measured using True RMS multimeter which you might notice in the install pics.
Ok then what was it if it was not 1.3333 ohms...

Which make of the True RMS Multimeter do you have ? Clip will be delighted to see that also.

You measured the impedence of the driver ok that I agree. but how will it help in tunning the amp. And what do you mean by tunning here, is it the gain setting or some thing else.
Old 5th August 2007, 17:38   #49
BHPian

lbm,

yes i was delighted, i believe this is an AZ audiocomp True RMS multi meter which costs aroung 17-20k if im not wrong. thats alot of money for me. i will sure buy a high end dmm once i feel im upto that level. for a start, im going to by an old CR scope. lets see if i can use it properlly.

also iam coming to delhi this mont to buy some electronic stuff. if i dont get it there i might go search in bombay. my shopping list will be final soon.;-)

and just for the sake of discussion, would like to ask if one can make out a difference in .34ohms Nominal IMP? everything remaining the same just the imp difference. will the extra IMP make an audible difference?

LBM, from whta i know, you need the impedence when calculating the voltage for setting the gains with a DMM. correct me if im wrong.

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 5th August 2007 at 17:49.
Old 5th August 2007, 18:00   #50

Quote:
Well this is seriously high end territory. So, hold on to your pants... it retails here for Rs 87000.

just as i was about to hold my pants i saw some thing wrong 87,000! rs and the paint is chipping off before install, are these pictures of a install or uninstall, spending so much and getting this quality even thou it doesn't affect the sound is kind of a sorry state. similar to buying a dented brand new car.
Old 5th August 2007, 20:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
and just for the sake of discussion, would like to ask if one can make out a difference in .34ohms Nominal IMP? everything remaining the same just the imp difference. will the extra IMP make an audible difference?
With common amps (ones that dont have the same power output at multiple impedances), and a resultant load within 1-2 ohms, a 0.33 ohm variation would mean a lot of output variation. On the other hand, there would be nearly zero difference between an amp driving 8 or 8.33 ohms nominal impedance. The former scenario would mean a lot to SPL competitors, and they would like to keep the impedance as close to that at which the amp puts out maximum power. But I dont think Gunbir and JB look like they're going to the next drag with this setup. Theoretically, LBM is right. Other than that, there's nothing worrisome about it.
Old 5th August 2007, 20:45   #52
BHPian

techn9one...my my....what eyes you have.... You know you would be really much happier if you looked at the brighter side of things..... This forum is really more about appreciation than depreciation.....
Old 5th August 2007, 20:46   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9ne View Post

just as i was about to hold my pants i saw some thing wrong 87,000! rs and the paint is chipping off before install, are these pictures of a install or uninstall, spending so much and getting this quality even thou it doesn't affect the sound is kind of a sorry state. similar to buying a dented brand new car.
No way does that look like paint chipping off.

Appears to be a rather well finished spacing(with a rotary grinder) job resulting in the chrome flashing enough to catch someone's eyes!

@ gunbir/jb: What was the total cost of this setup? if i may ask sirji?

Last edited by rev_hard : 5th August 2007 at 20:52.
Old 5th August 2007, 23:19   #54
BHPian

Quote:

I must say you have spent serious amount of time scanning each and every picture particularly looking for some thing to point out .

I wonder that you actually think that a paint will chip off like this on such an expensive set from world's one of the most reputed loudspeaker driver manufacturer.

There is nothing wrong with these midbasses. Its just that the pictures were taken after the midbasses were test fitted in the vehicle. It is the screw marks which you are refering as paint chipping off.
Old 5th August 2007, 23:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

LBM, from whta i know, you need the impedence when calculating the voltage for setting the gains with a DMM. correct me if im wrong.
Sir I never said that it will change the sound SQ but will effect the output. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sir the Impedences which are given but the manufacturer are wrong kya. so why do we need to measure them again and if we measure what is the purpose may some new tuning technique.

Also we need to measure the voltage on the amp or the impendence of the woofer while setting the gain.Correct me if I am wrong. No offense bro.
Old 5th August 2007, 23:37   #56
BHPian

Quote:

hi,

i mean no offence but you should think before you write.
there could be many possibilities for that(if the paint is chipped) and im sure even the best paint in the world wont resist screw marks.

did you think it can be due to test fitting the midbass? maybe the components were being used earlier by the customer? you didnt bother im sure.

i have seen a new s class in the showroom in ludhiana. it had a minor scratch. around 2-3mm. i noticed cause i was checking the wheels and it was near it. now, even though it doesnt affect the performance nor visible from say 2-3 feets can you say MB's quality is in a sorry state?

i think you should really think before you say something.

rest, im not forcing my opinion and cant and i wont stop you from saying anything

cheers
clip

ooops, sorry jb didnt see your reply. i frgot to click the send button and its too late now lol.

Last edited by clipto333 : 5th August 2007 at 23:39.
Old 5th August 2007, 23:39   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Sir I never said that it will change the sound SQ but will effect the output. Correct me if I am wrong.
It will affect the output but in case if it was not accounted.

Quote:
Sir the Impedences which are given but the manufacturer are wrong kya. so why do we need to measure them again and if we measure what is the purpose may some new tuning technique.
The impedances are rounded off by manufacturer so final / measured impedance is always different.

Quote:
Also we need to measure the voltage on the amp or the impendence of the woofer while setting the gain.Correct me if I am wrong. No offense bro.
Both are important.
Old 5th August 2007, 23:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:

none taken lbm.

it was a question lbm, i didnt mean to cut what you were saying. i asked because i didnt know.

i believe what the good companies state. but maybe there is som deviation. that only gunman or jb can clarify why they hd to measure impedence. also correct me if im wrong but its the resistence that you can measure. impedence is frequency dependant so how can one measure Impedence?

Jb/Gb, you really need to clarfy why and how you measured impedence. also i envy you guys for having the best install tools and test & measuring equipment. now im sure you have the AZ audio meter. thats drool worthy dude.

gift me you dmms and the 100 ampere test power supply for bench testing. i beleive it costs around 150-200k rs. right?

gunbir bhai? would like to ask if the stuff from the AZ catalogue available? i mean a to z. i love those black capacitors and the sonus inductors.

how much doe the sonus caps cost? rough idea?

cheers
clip
Old 6th August 2007, 00:37   #59
BHPian

Quote:

i believe what the good companies state. but maybe there is som deviation. that only gunman or jb can clarify why they hd to measure impedence. also correct me if im wrong but its the resistence that you can measure. impedence is frequency dependant so how can one measure Impedence? Jb/Gb, you really need to clarfy why and how you measured impedence. also i envy you guys for having the best install tools and test & measuring equipment. now im sure you have the AZ audio meter. thats drool worthy dude.
There is a slight difference of the negligible order. Thats why manufacturer state it as nominal impedance as the impedance of loudspeaker / driver variates according to the frequency. You are right impedance is frequency dependent, it is actually the resistance value offered at a particular frequency of AC sinewave. Yes we do have AZ Comp Audiometer.

We do it only in the case of very high end equipment by using test tones with speaker hooked to amplifier and DMM for measurement. For easier measurement one can use Impedance Bridge.

Quote:
gift me you dmms and the 100 ampere test power supply for bench testing. i beleive it costs around 150-200k rs. right?
Wish we could

Quote:
gunbir bhai? would like to ask if the stuff from the AZ catalogue available? i mean a to z. i love those black capacitors and the sonus inductors.
The component level stuff is available on special order of multiple pieces only. The Sonus caps and Inductors are expensive.

Last edited by Autophile : 6th August 2007 at 00:43.
Old 6th August 2007, 02:23   #60
BANNED

I've just seen the pics now and haven't read the rest of the pages.
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!
That's really a great install. Nice HU, amps, subs and what not!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks