Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 03:04   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
There is a slight difference of the negligible order. Thats why manufacturer state it as nominal impedance as the impedance of loudspeaker / driver variates according to the frequency. You are right impedance is frequency dependent, it is actually the resistance value offered at a particular frequency of AC sinewave. Yes we do have AZ Comp Audiometer.

We do it only in the case of very high end equipment by using test tones with speaker hooked to amplifier and DMM for measurement. For easier measurement one can use Impedance Bridge.

Wish we could

The component level stuff is available on special order of multiple pieces only. The Sonus caps and Inductors are expensive.
thanks for the clarification. whats the formula you use for dmm gain setting? is it Rms/imp and then take the sq root? for eg 200/2=100, 100sq root=10. 10v at the amp. i think im forgetting something.

you wish you could? im stuck in a city like jalandhar where not even ctr poly caps are available. :-( its been a while im searching for an lcr and true rms Dmm and im really disappointed cause its not available here and a trip to delhi will cost more than both the meters lol(average 2000 buck meters)
no from delhi has helped me. and they say we are all brothers. :-)

can you ve me a rough idea how much it costs(the black cap, mineral oil filled?) if i can afford it then ill order some otherwise il forget it.

last but not the least, i really like the way you explain. very detailed to the point explanation and i thank you for that.

can you pm the audiophile setup you have in your car and home? its been a while that i resisted asking. i beieve you have real good equipment at home.

thanks in advance

cheers
clip
Old 6th August 2007, 09:12   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The component level stuff is available on special order of multiple pieces only. The Sonus caps and Inductors are expensive.
besides why would you need the same values? You can get good caps and inductors from Solen or you can use MIT or Wondercaps or anything else that is out there.
Old 6th August 2007, 10:41   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
thanks for the clarification. whats the formula you use for dmm gain setting? is it Rms/imp and then take the sq root? for eg 200/2=100, 100sq root=10. 10v at the amp. i think im forgetting something.
Voltage = Sqrt (Power X Impedance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
can you ve me a rough idea how much it costs(the black cap, mineral oil filled?) if i can afford it then ill order some otherwise il forget it
The Sonus inductors range from Rs 450 (0.22mH) to Rs 2200 (12mH) and The Sonus oil caps range from Rs 4400 (2.2 uF) to Rs 6800 (5.6uF)
Old 6th August 2007, 11:05   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Voltage = Sqrt (Power X Impedance)

The Sonus inductors range from Rs 450 (0.22mH) to Rs 2200 (12mH) and The Sonus oil caps range from Rs 4400 (2.2 uF) to Rs 6800 (5.6uF)
i was missing something.lol

4400 for a cap? ouch.

Navinji, are these solen, mit caps as expensive as the audio farad oi filled caps? and are they available here? if yes im definitely coming to bombay for my eectronics shopping. lol everythings available in bombay, dont know about delhi. any suggestion?

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 6th August 2007 at 11:08.
Old 6th August 2007, 12:50   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9ne View Post
just as i was about to hold my pants i saw some thing wrong 87,000! rs and the paint is chipping off before install, are these pictures of a install or uninstall, spending so much and getting this quality even thou it doesn't affect the sound is kind of a sorry state. similar to buying a dented brand new car.
Hey panafa...oh Sorry, I mean Techn9ne, do you undestand that rotating screws tend to take away paint with them?
If you haven't installed parts before yourself, there i many such other objects that can leave these "paint chipping" marks.
I tend to like this because gives the end consumer a chance to see if he's buying an already used product or not. (even if just taken out to test, before being neatly repacked)

I hope that helped. (Else, I'll request our google ka Baadshah LBM to help me explain. I trust him that he's going to conjure up some pic or link to point out other premium products that can exhibit same behaviour)

Cheers.

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 6th August 2007 at 13:05.
Old 6th August 2007, 13:09   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Hey panafa...oh Sorry, I mean Techn9ne,
Old memories...

Navin Ji can you can please verify that Panafax and Techn9ne are the same person there are many doubts arising here.
Old 6th August 2007, 13:14   #67
Senior - BHPian

OT

Quote:
This forum is really more about appreciation than depreciation.....
Well said but some people just dont get it...they are sharing there hardwork with everyone here and all some people can do is question there knowledge and skills ,chill guys.
Old 6th August 2007, 13:30   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Navin Ji can you can please verify that Panafax and Techn9ne are the same person there are many doubts arising here.
Will do your honour!

I rarely look at the left sied of my screen. It gives me a degree of objectivity. For me a rubbish post is a rubbish post and a good post is a good post and it only untill a post defies TBHP rules that I consider who the poster is.
Old 6th August 2007, 13:30   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Ammazing setup!!
How much does that touchscreen panel cost?
Old 6th August 2007, 13:32   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Old memories...

OT:
cant remember exactly when, but remember some member telling me regarding famous exploits of a guy named panafax from USA.

anyways, this techn9ne character seemed similar in behaviour. replying Selectively in certain threads only. Trying to depreciate certain posts.

Chalo, why bother the mod yaar? I haven't seen anyone commenting that way earlier. So what were the many doubts? (I though i was the first one to comment in that way)

Mere homour, LBM brother. nothing more. So why bother?
Anyways, If that irked your nerves, Full Apologies from my side.

Cheers fellow Punjabi.
Old 6th August 2007, 13:33   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Hey panafa...oh Sorry, I mean Techn9ne, do you undestand that rotating screws tend to take away paint with them?
If you haven't installed parts before yourself
look dude! when any one goes out to buy a product consider a second hand mobile we check the screws if at all they have been opened or not. i totally understand your point but in a brand new product which i thought it was, BEFORE INSTALL screw marks are screwable! i never knew they were tested already. installed and then uninstalled!!!!!
and hell no i dont do my own installs i prefer to be the end consumer and more over im not very patient with electronics.either my electronics work or i throw them in the khali plot next to mine lol!
Old 6th August 2007, 13:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
What you are missing out on... is the fact that the entire roof of the car is (now) finished in black, so when you look at the interiors, the Honda Beige & Black theme is followed through.
Oh, OK. Yes, the ceiling was not visible in the photos - one can make out the black only in the IR sensor mount photo.
Old 6th August 2007, 14:28   #73
BHPian

Nice install.
The RPM screen is bling, but seriously drool material!
Old 6th August 2007, 19:34   #74
BHPian

Hey Gunbir. Now that's a great job there!! But like Navin said, yes, I prefer the Mojo's CRV install with 2 subs which was strategically hidden and neat. And the headunit used, yes, Pioneer is kind of a let down, anything like the Alpine [COLOR=#0000ff]IVA-W205[/COLOR] would have been more classy. (IMO ofcourse!!)
Old 6th August 2007, 20:47   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9ne View Post
i never knew they were tested already. installed and then uninstalled!!!!!
Yeah!! exactly the point dude. Verify the facts before shooting the gun. Makes more sense (perhaps not to you) and will spare you the time and effort of clarifying later on.

rev_hard
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks