Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2007, 12:51   #1
BHPian

Infinity Ref5760a Query

Hey Audio gurus , very very new to this. Posting a query on behalf of my friend.

Query about infinity ref5760a amplifier:

Q1) Cost of the product?
Q2) Availablity of service?
Q3) Resale value if picked up and kept in a mint condition?
Q4) Budget no problem but just want a good setup with it for Tata Sierra!!
current plans to connect two subwoofers JBL and Pioneer on the amp {if picked up after the replies from the gurus} and a Sony 222 amp to setup for small speakers front and rear.

Mods/gurus i dont know whether is this the right thread to post at... reason being athere is a product query as well as an ICE setup query... so please move it there....
Old 14th August 2007, 13:06   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Infinity has 2 new Amplifiers.

• Ref475a: 4 x 75W Full-range amplifier – Rs. 14,990/-
• Ref1600a: 600W Mono subwoofer amplifier – Rs. 19,990/-

The ref5760a was a 6 channel amplifier that has been discontinued. It has been replaced by the Ref5761, but this is not sold in Europe and Asia for now.

Therefore
  1. It's not sold here, but I guess it should be around $600 in the USA.
  2. Service is available, but warranty would not be applicable.
  3. Resale value should be higher than commonly available brands, but regardless of condition, car audio electronics have poor resale value. I think after 2 or 3 years of use, you can expect a 50% to 60% drop in resale. You'll get less than half the price back.
4. Since budget is no problem and you want to connect 2 woofers and 4 speakers, you would probably want the 4 channel amplifier and the monoblock. The mono would drive both woofers easily.

Your general direction is confused as of now. The Sony 222 is a budget amplifier, grainy at it's best, why would you want to combine it with Infinity amplifier? Why would you be using 2 different subwoofers?
Old 14th August 2007, 13:52   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
current plans to connect two subwoofers JBL and Pioneer on the amp {if picked up after the replies from the gurus} and a Sony 222 amp to setup for small speakers front and rear.
from you post we understand that you have a Tata Siera, 222 amp, a JBL sub, a Pio sub, and front and rear speakers (probably 4-5") in the front and rear and now you want to upgrade the system of the Siera.

a) why are you looking to use both subs?
b) what is your budget?
c) what sound are you expecting? BOOM-TIZZ-BOOM or laid back.
d) do you drive or are you chauffered?
e) does your HU have 3 pairs of pre outs?

If you are loooking for a laid back sound, your HU has 3 preouts, have about 30K to spend and self drive one suggestion is:

Get some components for the front: Infinity, Hertz, Alpine - budget 10K
Get a good 4 ch. amp like the JBL 75.4 budget 12K
Damp the front doors and trunk. budget 5K
Get 3 good pairs of RCA wire budget 3K.

Use the JBL amp to drive the components and the sub (listen to both your subs and choose one you prefer) and use the 222 to drive the rear speakers - you may shift your current front speakers to the rear (if they are better than the existing rear speakers).
Old 14th August 2007, 14:31   #4
BHPian

Hey Sam and Navin taken down all the suggestions... printing them and will take it to the person who's going to install it... will buy the stuffs personally...

Reason for two diff company subs was the availability... a lot of money has been actually put to do the Sierra up so taking all possible products from Indian market Section on the forum (i trust Teambhp and my friend trusts me ) He already had a JBL Basstube, picked up a sub from manson, has a decent Poineer headunit and 222 Sony amp. rear and front speakers were again taken from Team-bhp, just bought the Infinity amp from Dxb and everything is lying around waiting to be fitted.. Lots of barter happening with products, 12 cd changer lying with one more head unit... so a good stock lols should put everything up for sale kidding.

Now the lastest update is that The cassette player Picked up from manson has been taken by a close friend after a lot of begging (somebody stole his system) so given away... now will be after Sam life to get his BIL's Headunit and 12 cd changer.. just getting the finance available so that i could rouble him after that.

Answer to Navin's Questions:
a) reason for using both subs is
i)enuff boot space, ii) want Boom-tizz-boom
b) Budget might go up and down, its just availability of products and moood.
c) refer to answer a-ii
d) Nappy friends car - i drive sometimes
e) will have to see that dont know...

All Setups and queries are for a friend who is restoring his Tata Sierra.

For me it is:i am not an Actor i am not a star and i dont even have my Own car . Thanx for all the help Navin and Sam and Team BHP

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 14th August 2007 at 14:40.
Old 14th August 2007, 18:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reason for two diff company subs was the availability... a lot of money has been actually put to do the Sierra up so taking all possible products from Indian market Section on the forum (i trust Teambhp and my friend trusts me ) He already had a JBL Basstube, picked up a sub from manson, has a decent Poineer headunit and 222 Sony amp. rear and front speakers were again taken from Team-bhp, just bought the Infinity amp from Dxb and everything is lying around waiting to be fitted.. Lots of barter happening with products, 12 cd changer lying with one more head unit... so a good stock lols should put everything up for sale kidding.

Now the lastest update is that The cassette player Picked up from manson has been taken by a close friend after a lot of begging (somebody stole his system) so given away... now will be after Sam life to get his BIL's Headunit and 12 cd changer.. just getting the finance available so that i could rouble him after that.

Answer to Navin's Questions:
b) Budget might go up and down, its just availability of products and moood.
c) refer to answer a-ii
d) Nappy friends car - i drive sometimes
e) will have to see that dont know...

All Setups and queries are for a friend who is restoring his Tata Sierra.

For me it is:i am not an Actor i am not a star and i dont even have my Own car . Thanx for all the help Navin and Sam and Team BHP
Hi Sohail. I understand that you (and probably your friend too) are confused about the setup.

I went through your post and I felt like posting, even though I am no guru out here. If you could tell us the budget (an approximate in figures), why exactly your friend intends using two subs of different brands and categories (One is a bass tube, as per my understanding), it would be easier.

Your post is kind of difficult to read and understand. Please try to post clearly, thanks.
Old 14th August 2007, 19:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Whats the difference between Infinity Ref 475a and JBL 75.4??
Old 15th August 2007, 00:34   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1 Pio D510 amps: 10K
1 JBL 10" sub: 5K
1 Sony 554 amp: 5K
2 pairs TS 20: 4K

build sub box to accomodate all 3 subs (2 12" and 1 10").

Use D510 to drive both 12" subs. Use 554 to drive front speakers, front TS20 and JBL 10" sub. Use 222 to drive rear speakes and rear TS20.

they should be able to hear you from several blocks away.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks