Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2007, 10:18   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
While an official 75.4 is still possible (with some serious discounting lol) the 755.6 is not sold officially in India, so getting an official pc is out of the question.
I can assure you this is not with company warranty.
Make sure you get a BILL (not a Cash Memo or Estimate) and a MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY. Ensure that the dealer stamps their name and address on the card and then date the card yourself fill in the serial number and mail it in.

Most people I know are so excited to hear their system they just jump in the car and forget these details.
Old 24th August 2007, 14:00   #32
BHPian

Hello,
Sorry being out of the scene for a while.
Got my swift on last sunday.i am bit curious!! bit early to pass comments and judement,menawhile i am learning to live up with the car.But i have a smile for sure on my face!!
Now comming to ice, i never imagined that my ice gonna evovle as the discusion on this forum progressed.started with a novice set-up and today
i know a bit hahahaaaaaaaa!!!.That's a seperate story that i started with 20 k budget now strected to 50k!!!
Speakers front n rear:-esk165+esk165
HU:- no bluetooth no frills plain commonsense(Thanks Rajat!!)
Crutchfield.com - Compare
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X491 is this available in india???
Kenwood KDC-MP535U(In india known as 5036U and with 2 preamp outs@2.5v) The main differnce between two is preamp outs ealrier one has 3 pre outs@4V.
Kenwood KDC-MP4036U available in india only difference between 4036 & 5036 is that 5036 has music editor which is basically a deskptop application and of marginal use and 4036 ic front loading for cd. no other differnce what so ever..
so if kdc-x491(# preouts @4V) is not available which one should i go for 4036 0r 5036 both have 2 pre amp out @2.5v.

Amp:- either 75.4 or ...(not finalise on it yet).
Sub:-Plz give ur feed back on this,this is the thing that is biggest hindernce for go ahead in ICE!!!
The Image Dynamics Store, The BEST Way To Buy Image Dynamics Car Audio! - Image Dynamics High-end car loudspeakers and signal processors, CTX5X7 - Image Dynamics 5"x7" Coaxial System with Titanium Tweeters, CTX4 - Image Dynamics 4" Coaxial System wit
I don't want bass to be too loud but neat,tight and clean bass for my own listening plaesure(as i am spending money for myself not for others hahaha!!)
Wirring n other things are lamst final and are dependent on the money i am left with after spending on these!!
Cheers!!!
Old 24th August 2007, 16:37   #33
BHPian

SAM on air on CNBC Awazz Smart shopping!!!!!
Good to see him explaining the very basics of ICE!!
Great stuff guys!!
Old 25th August 2007, 17:12   #34
BHPian

Preamp-2.5v Or 4v

Forum members,
need ur views in this:-what is the difference and importance of preamp with 4v over 2.5v, and whether 2 preamputs at 2.5v will do the justice for ice provided the amp is in place!!
And what's the difference between sub with dual voice coils at 2ohms and 4 ohms.which one will be better as amp 75.4 needs min 4 ohms in bridged mode

Please give in your valuable feedbacks for this and above posted setup!!!
Old 25th August 2007, 18:53   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
SAM on air on CNBC Awazz Smart shopping!!!!!
Good to see him explaining the very basics of ICE!!
Great stuff guys!!
Thanks man. There's a whole thread on that here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...deo-added.html
Old 25th August 2007, 21:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
And what's the difference between sub with dual voice coils at 2ohms and 4 ohms.which one will be better as amp 75.4 needs min 4 ohms in bridged mode
DVC 2 Ohms
In series will give you 4 Ohms
In parallel will give you 1 Ohm

DVC 4 Ohms
In series will give you 8 Ohms
In parallel will give you 2 Ohms

If you are going in for a single sub with the 75.4, you will want to go with the DVC 2 Ohms in series.

Please wait till the above information is confirmed by a real Guru. I am only an imposter.
Old 27th August 2007, 00:40   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Forum members,
need ur views in this:-what is the difference and importance of preamp with 4v over 2.5v, and whether 2 preamputs at 2.5v will do the justice for ice provided the amp is in place!!!!!
2.5V will do fine. 4V is marketing.
Old 27th August 2007, 00:43   #38
BHPian

Navin isnt there any difference (clarity or richness) between a 2.5 and 4? Is the same with 5V?
Old 27th August 2007, 00:55   #39
Team-BHP Support

ram, these are nominal voltages. just like your home CD player has a nominal 2V out. The signal is rarely (in fact rarely) at that 2V so what use is 4V or 8V?
Old 27th August 2007, 02:36   #40
BHPian

Thanks Naveen.These tiny things does help to clear the picture a lot!!

Most Viewed