Team-BHP - fiesta ice -- 15k and pune installer.. suggest please
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   fiesta ice -- 15k and pune installer.. suggest please (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/27582-fiesta-ice-15k-pune-installer-suggest-please.html)

hi guys, brouyin fiesta..
a5k budget..want all with B&W
decent setup with good clarity wanted.. only front passengers..

HU- preff with usb port

speakers all that fit in standard slots.. can someone tell me the front speakrr slot size for fiesta

front spkrs - suggested JBL CS series.. is GTO worth the diff.. will he get any compos within 4k?

rear - ovals i guess..no idea..just saw cs 3196 on the net, seems affordable, how good is it? any other brands?

suggest watever overall ice setup u'll think will be worth it in this budget.. 15k..
oh, and does anyone know a good ICE installer in pune?
thanks guys....

a correction to the above posting...the budget is 15K for the HU & 4 speakers

The JBL GTO series is definitely worth the difference. I guess "brouyin" means "bro buying", since you have written "will he get any".

Blau THc components should be around 4K, and they are decent. For the rear ovals, GTO937 is far better, followed by Blau THx693, either being 4K+. Even Pio has decent 6x9's, not sure of the price. Just avoid 4/5/6-way ovals - gimmick without substance.

The USB requirement would be a bit contraining, since it is unlikely that you can get a decent HU with USB at less than 8-9K. That would take away 3-4K from the speaker budget, which can really make a difference. Other than Pio 7950UB (and an eminently avoidable Sony unit), the others would require you to separately purchase the cable to bring the USB to front - extra cost.

But then, anything is possible. Wait for the others to suggest some other Pio, Clarion, JVC or even Panasonic units.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronk (Post 532662)
speakers all that fit in standard slots.. can someone tell me the front speakrr slot size for fiesta
front spkrs - suggested JBL CS series.. is GTO worth the diff.. will he get any compos within 4k?
rear - ovals i guess..no idea..just saw cs 3196 on the net, seems affordable, how good is it? any other brands?
suggest watever overall ice setup u'll think will be worth it in this budget.. 15k......

the fiesta has 5x7 slots. JBL and Blau make 5x7 speakers. you could consider 5x7s in the front and ask you installer if they can shoehorn 6x9s in the rear while keeping the stock look (I am a great fan of the stock look).

if that is possible you can get the 7950UB at 9K and 2 pairs of JBL CS or Blau GTO speakers for 7K. total 16K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronk (Post 532662)
oh, and does anyone know a good ICE installer in pune?
thanks guys....

Try Poona Motors, behind Corporation Bank, East Street. Ask for Vinit and you can give my reference. He'll do a good job.

hey thanks guys.. guess its 4 jbls and a blau only.. lets see.. poona motors it is, bro had already got ijn touich with them.. thanks vikram for the ref

Thanks to all for the guidance. Finally settled for a Blaupunkt HU (Kingston MP47) and 4 JBLs (GTO series) for the Fiesta. Sound is excellent. In my Santro it's an older Blaupunkt (cassette/FM ... 4 years old) with 2 speakers of Sony, so the diff of sound is more for me I guess. The final amount after disc and inclusive of Antenna & pin etc is around 19.3K. As usual overshot my budget...don't know whay the hell I make budgets anyways as I can never keep them.

Did the fittings from Pune Motors as suggested by Navin above and also by another person in our housing society. Overall their service was good, only that while trying to fit the Remote locking (of autocop) they screwed up my manual central locking. Since they had some issues fitting the autocop initially and gave me the car without it...on reaching home I found the manual central locking not working. Anyways things are fine now and the owner Vineet was very apologetic and gave me a seat cover cleaner for free.

5X7 is only available in GTO, not in CS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by car123 (Post 545900)
Thanks to all for the guidance. Finally settled for a Blaupunkt HU (Kingston MP47) and 4 JBLs (GTO series) for the Fiesta. Sound is excellent. In my Santro it's an older Blaupunkt (cassette/FM ... 4 years old) with 2 speakers of Sony, so the diff of sound is more for me I guess. The final amount after disc and inclusive of Antenna & pin etc is around 19.3K. As usual overshot my budget...don't know whay the hell I make budgets anyways as I can never keep them.

Did the fittings from Pune Motors as suggested by Navin above and also by another person in our housing society. Overall their service was good, only that while trying to fit the Remote locking (of autocop) they screwed up my manual central locking. Since they had some issues fitting the autocop initially and gave me the car without it...on reaching home I found the manual central locking not working. Anyways things are fine now and the owner Vineet was very apologetic and gave me a seat cover cleaner for free.

Is this a White fiesta? Were you there late Friday eve with a lady?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 546216)
Were you there late Friday eve with a lady?

And if you have a lady, why are you wasting money on ICE?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 546267)

agree: ... Have a bit of both !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 546267)

forget money, why were you wasting time on ICE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 546216)
Is this a White fiesta? Were you there late Friday eve with a lady?

I have a platinum coloured fiesta. I was there with my wife and kid on a Fri eve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by car123 (Post 559616)
I have a platinum coloured fiesta. I was there with my wife and kid on a Fri eve.

Didn't see the kid; Asked coz I was the guy with the Gray Civic parked just ahead of this fiesta, on the same day

hehehe....vikram theek hai bhai!! why you're getting so senti over seeing him. He was there, you were there....He went home, you went home. Finished.

I could hardly remember in which slot I've parked my car!