Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2007, 17:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
I am yet to start searching for it locally. So would like to have some details (including price - with and w/o B&W) before I start understanding what the dealer/installer is offering me. I have option of hunting for the parts in Blore/Mysore/Mlore.
Hi askids, nice to see another Mysorean around.

First, no need to hunt for stuff at Mangalore (It is too far and totally unnecessary) - the availability of VFM products (for your budget) is pretty good in Mysore and you can drive down to Bangalore if you want better prices. There are not many professional installers in Mysore, so make sure you have a look at the previous installations done by your dealer before you shell out the bucks. Please stay away from installers near RMC circle, they're just electricians and totally unprofessional .

If you could spend about 800/- on fuel, you could get better prices and a professional install in Bangalore. However, remember that you'd have to drive down to Bangalore if something goes wrong (And that is the only reason that made me get my install done in Mysore, because dad can't drive down to Blore when I am here).

Second, you would have to install components in the front for good front-stage. Santro unfortunately has tiny 4" slots, so be prepared for some mods on your doors.

Try to go through threads in the 'Sound off and Show off' section where they've placed the sub in the spare wheel slot. It might help you save the boot space. As far as the amp goes, you can get a 60.4 or the Pio 4-ch (have forgotten the model number) for 1k lesser.

All the best!

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 17th August 2007 at 17:45.
Old 17th August 2007, 18:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have read that 5950 is usb ready only..i mean to say that it still needs a usb adapter cable which will cost another 3-4K. Where as 7950 already has the it builtin and usb drives can be used directly. If that's the case, wont it be better to go for 7950 @ 9K rather than going for 5950 @ 7K + extra for usb adapter cable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I thought both need the cable. LBM where are you? I am sre LBM can sort out this confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
As far as I'm aware, 7950 has a plug'n' play option. no need of buying seperate cables.

Hmm....

5950 is usb ready but it will need a adapter to make it usb enabled

7950 is usb built in no need for any adapter and it has usb socket built in the HU...

here are the pics of the HU and the adapters...

the details are given in the photo...
Old 17th August 2007, 18:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Hmm....

5950 is usb ready but it will need a adapter to make it usb enabled

7950 is usb built in no need for any adapter and it has usb socket built in the HU...
LBM bhai, does this mean that CD-IU50 cable is the same as the iPod USB cable (supplied with iPod), used to connect the iPod to the computers?
Old 17th August 2007, 18:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
LBM bhai, does this mean that CD-IU50 cable is the same as the iPod USB cable (supplied with iPod), used to connect the iPod to the computers?
Is kinda of same cable. But i have not tried the same...
Old 17th August 2007, 21:28   #20
BHPian

with the details available now, looks like adapter will come around 3.5-4K w/o B/W. So looks like 7950ib @ 9k is better deal if I want USB. But it looks like this will cut my budget for speakers. Are there any other alternatives that can be suggested? Other option is to go for ipod adapter ready HU which will just need the cable which I think costs ~1K,

@rocksterraghu, i am staying in Mysore. The car will be in Udupi. That's why I mentioned that I can search in all 3 locations if required. I may be getting it to Mysore for a week or so. So I will have to plan it if I have to get it installed in Blore. Recently one of my friend got his ICE installed in a swift in Car crafts (D Urs Road), Mysore within 15K. HU was alpine 9846. I will check at this dealer as well.

Satya, nice install on wagorR. Can something be thought on similar lines for Santro so that I can install sub without loosing much boot space.

Thanks
askids
Old 17th August 2007, 21:45   #21
BHPian

went through the spare wheel well sub thread..looks good...anyone who has got this done in blore/mysore?
Old 18th August 2007, 01:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
went through the spare wheel well sub thread..looks good...anyone who has got this done in blore/mysore?
well, what you want space/looks or SQ/SPL?
Old 18th August 2007, 12:24   #23
BHPian

jk, i know that I cant have both :( but was trying to get a compromise between the two. I started with the idea that I cannot have sub because it will eat boot space. Now that I have found out that sub can be fitted w/o loosing boot space, then I thought of having it added as well. You know..yeh dil mange more
Old 18th August 2007, 13:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

The Spare wheel install done by Gunbir for a subwoofer can be done for the Santro out here, but you will get a SQ Setup, cos for SPL, you have to have a full enclosure, but yeah for someone who needs Subwoofer Bass without losing boot space, the Sub in the Spare Wheel compartment will work.
Old 18th August 2007, 14:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
The Spare wheel install done by Gunbir for a subwoofer can be done for the Santro out here, but you will get a SQ Setup, cos for SPL, you have to have a full enclosure, but yeah for someone who needs Subwoofer Bass without losing boot space, the Sub in the Spare Wheel compartment will work.
for a spare wheel install you will need a woofer of that type , else the results will not be promising...
Old 18th August 2007, 14:40   #26
BHPian

ok..so the sub is in and I have to cut the cost on the HU to some extent. I was googlying again and found Clarion DXZ575USB and [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Kenwood KDC-MP435U[/SIZE][/FONT]. Any one who has or used this HU, please provide your inputs. Also whats the price in blore for these unit?
Old 18th August 2007, 15:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
for a spare wheel install you will need a woofer of that type , else the results will not be promising...
You mean 10" one with not such a big magent ?? or you refering to the Output
Old 18th August 2007, 15:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
You mean 10" one with not such a big magent ?? or you refering to the Output
I referring to the type of sub like pioneer say as free air or enclosed type..
Old 18th August 2007, 15:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Aaah, thats fine, another thing is it's not necessary to have a complete Stock look like that Gunbir did, the idea is to save space, the job it pretty easy, with the right sub and amplification it should perform well.
Old 18th August 2007, 15:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Get an ES250

Its a 10incher

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks