Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2007, 13:05   #31
BANNED

I was getting into another dream world thinking it was ICEd in India.
Thanks JB for shooting the pics and Gunman for sharing it here.
Old 16th August 2007, 13:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
The car is an '88 model so the condition its in is worth commending, considering its nearly 20 years old. Being in one of these really defines what a high end luxury car experience should be. We have been in the gimmicky Maybach but have never considered it in the same league as the RRs or the Bentley Arnage. The velvet smooth V8 engine is the stuff dreams are made of, but all this isn't for this part of the forum. Let me stop ranting and get back on topic.

No, the ICE wasn't installed in India.

BTW, pics taken by JB using our trusty Nikon E4800 P&S.
Fantastic maintained Car! But, it isnt a '88. should be a '91+, because certain switches and fitting came in only in '90s! Sorry brother can you please verify, and is it the british high commisions car?
Old 16th August 2007, 13:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Whoa! Those are amazing photographs!

I loved the classic touch to everything, the VCR, the CRT monitor, the mechanical switches and knobs!
Is the unit below the CD player a DSP?

That was indeed wonderful, Gunbir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Very nice...and is that a CRT there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
I wasn't able to see the duct to place the tape, boy, was that bad observation or what!

I should have guessed by the Dolby NR switch and the auto reverse symbol. I shouldn't have been prating about DSP with that EQ there in a classic gem.

By the way, I am having the same problem finding the VCR's tape tray now By the way, another dumb question, does the tape go in through the space under the CRT?
Guys although we do understand certain commonly used terminology, please talk English for those of us who are not so well versed with Ice jargon . We all would like to learn more about ice setups and stuff from "GURUS" like yourselves but have pity on the "SHISHYAS" bhai!!
Thansk for the pics Gunbir, Seriously beautiful car and great set up.
@ Scooby- Spot on Boss. Kya nazar hai. This is definitely a post 91 model as the seat control switches, the outside rear view mirror switches etc are different on prior cars. Mine is an 89 and the switches are different. Till 90 it remained the same. Also the door panels are different in the both models. The rest all seems the same including the dash and dash switches etc. Sirji, i think you are right this is the British High Commissioner's car. Remember seeing his car which is identical so guessing its his only.

Last edited by V-16 : 16th August 2007 at 13:29. Reason: add
Old 16th August 2007, 14:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Fantastic maintained Car! But, it isnt a '88. should be a '91+, because certain switches and fitting came in only in '90s! Sorry brother can you please verify, and is it the british high commisions car?
Scooby Sir, I am 100% sure you are correct. I merely quoted the '88 year from the RC. Must be a good reason behind that. And No sir, it isn't the BHC's car.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kya Sir..

This section is for In Car Entertainment.. This is not Supercars and imports in india.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Scooby Sir, I am 100% sure you are correct. I merely quoted the '88 year from the RC. Must be a good reason behind that. And No sir, it isn't the BHC's car.
so there goes the cat out!! so this is the duty saving matter! Neway, so this for sure a 1992/3 Spur-II.
and the BHC car was a Champagne/goldish colour, right?
Very well kept, is it for sale? though these had a lot of maintainance probs!
Old 16th August 2007, 15:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Kya Sir..

This section is for In Car Entertainment.. This is not Supercars and imports in india.
Sir,Sorry for going off topic, but thought " the horse comes before the cart" na. How much can one discuss on just the ice, and I'm very poor on ICE in anycase. low priority ! I hate People going about the road with Blaring music for all the people around! sometimes hear these in my apartment which is about 200+meters from worli seaface, on the 10th floor, for whom do they install all this?? to draw attention to what a nice car/ice, or to the fact that they cant enjoy loud music in their own homes?? sorry for this.
and the system installed looked like a '90s so went into the car details.
Old 16th August 2007, 15:33   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam opens the door to let Scooby out quickly.

Hemant, glad you enjoyed the old car. In this section, not liking ICE is blasphemy and I'm leading you out before you get lynched. lol.
Old 16th August 2007, 15:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

Actually Sir, thanks for the enlightenment about the model. I learnt a thing or two about the car from your posts.

Quote:
I hate People going about the road with Blaring music for all the people around! sometimes hear these in my apartment which is about 200+meters from worli seaface, on the 10th floor, for whom do they install all this?? to draw attention to what a nice car/ice, or to the fact that they cant enjoy loud music in their own homes?? sorry for this. and the system installed looked like a '90s so went into the car details.
Well the fact of the matter is, some people buy cars to show off, some people buy them for their own pleasure. Same thing with ICE...
Old 16th August 2007, 16:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

My Sincere Apologies, to Everyone who feels Hurt by what I stated.
No Harm was Meant, and I know we Tbhpians are a Mature Breed!!
and I know and Understand the feelings some may have towards their ICE
desires!!
May God willing, one day I shall also have one of my cars with the Ultimate in ICE, Just for the Thrill of owning one!!
Old 16th August 2007, 17:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC the BHC's car was shown here at one of the earlier Auto Expo's & then retained for his use. I'm pretty sure that it was also Dark Blue in colour.
Old 17th August 2007, 00:56   #42
BHPian

Quote:
so there goes the cat out!! so this is the duty saving matter! Neway, so this for sure a 1992/3 Spur-II.
Very well kept, is it for sale? though these had a lot of maintainance probs!
Scooby,

This car is for sure a Silver Spur with 1988 registration.

Rolls Royce introduced Silver Spur / Spirit in 1980 and was in production till 1989. In 1989 they introduced Silver Spur Mark II (LWB) / Spirit II (SWB) with fully automatic adjustable suspension.

The Mark III was launched in 1993 followed by a turbocharged version in 1994 called Flying Spur.

Last edited by Autophile : 17th August 2007 at 00:58.
Old 17th August 2007, 13:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

good gosh JB! I thought you were an "audiophile" only and not "car" wala types.
Old 17th August 2007, 16:04   #44
BHPian

i have seen a similar roller many times roaming in and around delhi. last time i saw it was on the delhi-gurgaon highway near the airport. dont if this is the one that i saw but the color war identical.

i had a ride in a bentley some years back in england(new castle U.T.) it was beautiful in side out.

cheers
clip
Old 17th August 2007, 16:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

The flying Spur is a Bentley,ain't it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks