Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 20:17   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Yes they are. Front and rear both. The larger drivers are 8", I would really love if the stock locations of cars came like this.
I'd be dancing like a Govinda!
Old 17th September 2007, 20:20   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think I have to drive to mumbai for the 8 inch mid bass work now as I have not seen a good single install of this type of work here in DELHI !!!
the only reason Illusion can get away with 8" car speakers that can fit in a door is becuase they have a NdFeB magnet where the dustcap normally is. I would have loved it if Illusion would have shaped this magnet into a phase plug (it is doable!). Kill two birds with one stone: get a phase plug and reduce driver depth!
Old 17th September 2007, 20:31   #78
Senior - BHPian

My God, how much you complain! You're starting to sound like my wife... wait.. I don't have one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
the modules pictured are 200hz modules, however you mention 450Hz.
We have used 2 and 1/4th of these in parallel to achieve the required value. Just kidding.

Modules pictured are for depiction purposes only. They are not the ones actually used.

Quote:
also does not Illusion have a 3 way set.
Nope.

Quote:
Reason I has is that since you are XOing at 450Hz a dedicated low Mms midrange would have been a nicer option than using a midbass as one (or is the ND5 a midrange?).
The Nd5 has very fluent midrange quality. It pips the 8" in that department. Midrange/ vocal quality was of prime importance to Mumbaiya. So prime, it was almost of sole importance. He is not one bit disappointed from what I gauge.

Quote:
Also does not the CRV have front tweeter pods?
Yes, in the dash, right up near the windscreen. Mumbaiya also wanted the tweeters there, since he feared that the tweeters would be harsh or too loud or bright if placed in the door panels. Those fears stand allayed.

Quote:
For all the work put into the front speakers (wonder why the rear tweeter grills were not painted),
Tweeter grills cannot be seperated from the underlying tweeter face plate, which in turn is glued to the tweeter itself. Painting the grill would have resulted in a painted dome as well. Now that would have been really stock, but I shudder to think how it would sound.

Quote:
the sub disappoints. I would have expected something fancier and more integrated into the CRV's body. I cna see you used a speakon connector for the sub so I assume the sub will need to be removed.
Your assumption is correct, it is for detachable purposes only. Original plan was to have it in a fiberglass enclosure, fancy et al. But let me point out, this isn't the man's personal ride. Its the wifeys.

Quote:
also did you really manage to fit 2 amps under the driver's seat?
Yeah, did that. The only other option was to have it in the rear. Although there was space and they could have easily been accomodated, Mumbaiya didnt want them to be seen.
Old 17th September 2007, 20:41   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
However I would have used a HP XO at about 250/300hz and LP XO at about 3/3.5 kHz for the 5".
There is a sub in the system too. With a LPF of 250/ 300 Hz, the 8" wouldnt be two octaves over its lower cut off frequency. Too narrow a band, don't you think?

Plus, tweeter HP XOed at 3/3.5kHz would ruin the joy of the low Fs tweeter. Not that I could do it even if I wanted to, the mid-tweeter section is passive.
Old 17th September 2007, 20:47   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is a sub in the system too. With a LPF of 250/ 300 Hz, the 8" wouldnt be two octaves over its lower cut off frequency. Too narrow a band, don't you think?

Plus, tweeter HP XOed at 3/3.5kHz would ruin the joy of the low Fs tweeter. Not that I could do it even if I wanted to, the mid-tweeter section is passive.
1. I use a 6.5" woofer for just under 2 octaves (65-200Hz) yes the woofer is in the rear and purely for rear fill but I think the advantages of using a single low Mms driver (like the Nd5) for the midrange would outweigh the reason for using the 8" for only 2 octaves (60Hz-250hz or 80Hz-300hz). The Fs of the tweeter is about 750-800hz. Right? So using it at 3kHz would still really only mean 2.5x Fs insteaf of 2xFs yuou got now.

2. Who says you cant mod a passive crossover. B&T you can do this stuff in your sleep. I know.

Regards
Wifey
Old 17th September 2007, 20:54   #81
Senior - BHPian

Ajay

Nice to see the install completed finally...almost that is. Waiting for the processor now. Things have turned out just the way we wanted after what we discussed that day. Great job by Starline too. Will be catching up with Mumbaiya over the weekend to check out the finished car in person. Hope to see you soon too

PS. Any more pictures of the installation process?

Last edited by Dippy : 17th September 2007 at 20:55.
Old 18th September 2007, 00:39   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tweeter grills cannot be seperated from the underlying tweeter face plate, which in turn is glued to the tweeter itself. Painting the grill would have resulted in a painted dome as well. Now that would have been really stock, but I shudder to think how it would sound.
The results will be quite coloured
Old 18th September 2007, 09:51   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd be dancing like a Govinda!
Yikes, Navin!!! Perish THAT thought. It will have a disastrous impact, with neuro-physio-psychological consequences.

Everything OK? Why the morbid ideas?
Old 18th September 2007, 10:03   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My God, how much you complain! You're starting to sound like my wife... wait.. I don't have one!
Quote:
B&T you can do this stuff in your sleep. I know.
Regards
Wifey
???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People living in glass houses shouldn't!
Old 18th September 2007, 10:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good pun, @LBM. But pales into insignificance as compared to the other colourful goings-on here.
Old 18th September 2007, 10:16   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Good pun, @LBM. But pales into insignificance as compared to the other colourful goings-on here.
Thank you sir for understanding my point.
Old 18th September 2007, 10:21   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yikes, Navin!!! Perish THAT thought.
You are right. A few days ago I had taken my son to see the Matka Breaking festival and the sight of those gyrating young men must have got burned in my memory. In fact a friend of mine who is maharashtrian (and speaks the language very well) asked the organisers of the Govinda outside out apartment building not to break the pot till the kids got home from school. They obliged and even did a jig or two for the kids. It's the first time I had see this ceremony up close.
Old 18th September 2007, 10:25   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
People living in glass houses shouldn't!
think about it. I am an senile, married, hen-pecked, old man. B&T is single, dating, young and virile. I have nothing to loose.
Old 18th September 2007, 13:42   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I sincerely thought I should avoid posting, but mere haath nahin ruk rahe....
Old 18th September 2007, 14:09   #90
BHPian

B&T, more pictures!...
Also, Mumbaiya, what was the system cost after the updates?

Most Viewed