Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2007, 22:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Yep, can get pretty loud for the rear passengers for people who love to blast it.
Satya, there is only the mid bass on the rears, right ?I don't think it should be a headache for anybody unless the music is played really loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Great going BlueRaven
Even the Zen Estilo is better, having provision for speakers on all four doors.

he he he, that is why i suggest the estilo over the wagonR.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi blueraven, I am curious to know where you got this work done and the cost part. Its a very innovative idea any wagon R owner would love to copy from you. I drive a petrol version, therefore got 2 small boxes to fit my pioneer oval speakers, which I take out in case of any airport drop or railway station drop to any family members or guests. Your idea is a fixed one with no head ache on various situations. Its cool. I feel like throwing my boxes out and copying your design. Please give your installation ideas. Hope you havent applied for any patent number !!
Old 16th August 2007, 23:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, only Mids from the rear 6X9s, sounds pretty good actually, most Wagon Rs are self driven, so serves puspose.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

I should commend blueraven on the fantastic install in my esteem. The pics are due for a long time. I had a lot of problems in getting a pair of comps installed for my car until i met blue.
cheers sathya.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:20   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Satya, there is only the mid bass on the rears, right ?I don't think it should be a headache for anybody unless the music is played really loud.
Mid bass? That looks like a 2 way oval speaker to me.
Old 20th August 2007, 20:02   #21
BANNED

Has anybody an opinion on using horizontally mounted speakers on the roofs of the WagonR? This gives me an idea - putting them on roof, in the boot area.
The quarter glass install is, IMO, too close to the ears of the rear passengers. Can somebody tell the distance from back seat to the speakers? Speakers too close to the ears can cause psychological discomfort to the passengers.
I am not comfortable with an install in the hatch door, since luggage can "shut out" sound, or rough luggage can poke into the speaker enclosure.
Old 20th August 2007, 21:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Mounting speakers from the Roof will need some new measuring and mostly some fiberglassing too. I will try to take measurements the next time I work on a Wagon R. The speakers mounted on the quarter glass is around 8 inches (approx) away from the rear passenger, if being run off an amp can be tuned easily, to adjust according to listening preference. However no setup is perfect, this design is considering that there wont be some major blasting when there are passengers behind, at average volumes it sounds fine. If the speakers are running directly off the head, then the HPF can be set at 80 Hz and it sounds pretty clear.
One very important thing is the speaker used in this kind of install has to sound really clear, some noisy speaker will not sound as smooth in this. The Scosche eFx Speakers used in this install sound really clear and gives many high end speakers a run for their money.
Old 20th August 2007, 22:48   #23
BHPian

Hi Blueraven, How about adjusting the speakers facing more into the boot? Guess it would avoid the music getting loud to the rear passengers.
Old 20th August 2007, 23:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Hi Blueraven, How about adjusting the speakers facing more into the boot? Guess it would avoid the music getting loud to the rear passengers.
Can be done, but it's not much fun for the driver that way,as the rear sound stage will be separated comparitively, it's like you gain something on one hand and lose some on another, then again it's one's individual preference too.
Old 20th August 2007, 23:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Satya
Nice innovative install...!!
Keep them coming..!!

Dont u have some drivers installed near the quarter glass of your zen too??
Old 20th August 2007, 23:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Satya
Nice innovative install...!!
Keep them coming..!!

Dont u have some drivers installed near the quarter glass of your zen too??
Yeah, I do, Component Speakers installed currently in Custom fiberglass. The Wagon R install was inspired from this itself.

Snap with older speaker setup, Did not have day time pic of current speaker.

Current speaker setup,

Old 8th September 2007, 13:28   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Snaps below illustrates more,
Larger view from the rear with the hatch open

@#3#
I do not see the pictures anymore. Is it removed? Could you post it once again?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks