Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2007, 13:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
I understand that 7" screen that comes with iPC-Lx won't fit the dash even with 2-DIN space. So planning to buy a spare dash from Toyota service center (yet to confirm if they can get it) like Ankur did, and cut it to size. If I ever uninstall, I'll fit the stock dash back in place.

Kousik
Why don't you go for the 1DIN in dash 7" screen. I think it will work out cheaper than getting a spare dash. I guess its safer as well .. You don't expose it to sunlight and also tempt the thieves (the screen can be concealed).

But, I guess you will have to take out the 2DIN OEM HU (which you have to.. anyway) to put in the foldable screen.

My Baleno has 2 cavities.. So one has the HU and I am planning to put the foldable screen on the other. The only mod I probably will have get done on the dash is take out the dummy rear window demister switch and put 1 or 2 USB ports there.
Old 15th September 2007, 15:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Why don't you go for the 1DIN in dash 7" screen. I think it will work out cheaper than getting a spare dash. I guess its safer as well
I know ... but since I'll be using the touchscreen, there's a chance that I push the screen hard at times. I wonder if it'd take some abuse. Rather I'll want it to be fused and fixed with with the dash. Anyway you got me thinking again.
Quote:
But, I guess you will have to take out the 2DIN OEM HU (which you have to.. anyway) to put in the foldable screen.
I have a Innova G model, so they gave us a 1-din cassette player. And oh, it is pretty bad too. So I have to dump it anyway.
Quote:
The only mod I probably will have get done on the dash is take out the dummy rear window demister switch and put 1 or 2 USB ports there.
/me thinking of putting a USB hub but wondering how to stick it neatly in dash.

Kousik
Old 17th September 2007, 14:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.. looks like we are the only two guys here, interested in this thread

Anyway, with a little bit of Google research, I found that the screens sourced by iride is the same as the ones found here -> D I G I T A L W W . C O M - Digital WorldWide Inc.

So if you wanna look up some review of the products in MP3Car.com - Your source for mobile computing solutions! and elsewhere, you just have to search for the product code (example DWW-700H)

Going thru the posts in MP3Car.com, It seems most of the LCD screens have some or the other issues. So it really doesnt matter which one u buy !!

Last edited by spadival : 17th September 2007 at 14:12. Reason: url correction
Old 17th September 2007, 22:00   #34
BHPian

The other problem is none of the 7" screen will fit nicely (unless I get single DIN motorized, which is the last resort) on the dash. Custom bezel is the only way to go. And that gives me butterflies in my stomach; whether I'll be able to get that part right. HW and SW -- I'll probably figure out eventually.

Kousik
Old 18th September 2007, 12:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Moot point actually. I believe both the InDash DIN mounted screens are out of stock at iride. But it seems they will get some new screens with better features. Currently waiting for more details from iride.
Old 8th October 2007, 10:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

I got the iRide iPC-LX installed on my car this weekend. Its fabulous.. Not really a DIY job..More details later in a separate thread.
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

Link to Spadival's carPC

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...c-install.html
Old 4th November 2007, 00:19   #38
BHPian

check this out.

Industrial Rugged Computers Monitors and Display

Most Viewed