Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 12:26   #1
BHPian

Brand Image and support

I recently contacted blaupunkt brand shop to purchase RCA cables and power supply cables. the salesperson informed that the products were available. the lady then asked from where did I purchased other stuff like amplifier and headunit. when I informed that I had purchased JBL amp and speakers the lady harshly replied "why did'nt you purchase the cables from JBL?" and refused to sell those stating that these were out of stock. I was shocked by the behaviour of salesperson from such a reputed brand. I am forced to never visit blaupunkt store again. Just wanted to share this experience with team-BHP so that users are informed about the I am the best atitiude of brands like blaupunkt.
Old 21st August 2007, 12:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhandelwal View Post
..when I informed that I had purchased JBL amp and speakers the lady harshly replied "why did'nt you purchase the cables from JBL?" ..
you should have told her that JBL does not make cables! Not anymore atleast.
Old 21st August 2007, 12:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

stupid behaviour.. here the brand shop was even willing to troubleshoot my install which i did elsewhere
Old 21st August 2007, 13:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

In case someone is ready to sell you a JBL wiring kit now (from their old stocks of course, as Navin mentioned - JBL has stopped manufacturing them), please have a look at this thread to avoid fakes:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...iring-kit.html

You can also have a look at this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ick-wires.html

P.S: Sorry mods, had to edit a repeated post. Bad internet connection.

Last edited by Zappo : 22nd August 2007 at 01:00. Reason: No issues rockster. Your problem has been taken care of. :)
Old 21st August 2007, 14:03   #5
BHPian

I informed the lady that JBl has stopped marketting cables . anyways I personally thatshe should be more concerned about selling blau products rather than enquiring about other things
I tried to find genuine JBL wires but as suggested by SAM in other thread that JBl has discontinued them I was not able to find them in Mumbai. on the contrary JBL shop at In orbit mall were very freindly and they tried to help me. I had a tough time in searching JBl component 607 and was not left with enought time to check out cables from other manufacturers like monster.
I really hope that JBL starts opening shop at cities like indore and keep these things in stock.

I am aware of the JBL fake wire but there are simply no options available in the shops I know. I even saw fake cables from bose in one of the shop
Old 21st August 2007, 23:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I even saw fake cables from bose in one of the shop

That's actually not a Bose fake either, there are 3 kinds of fake wiring kits , imitations of BOSS, one is BOSS, other is BOSSI and another BOSE. All look the same, and it's hillarious as all three are the same thing, maybe the same China manufacturing unit is selling them.

And about the behaviour by Blau Sales person sounds really weird, have not heard of something like that in the recent past.
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

may be that the salesgal asked outta curiosity, and that he felt offended. I mean one way of looking at it.
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:10   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
may be that the salesgal asked outta curiosity, and that he felt offended. I mean one way of looking at it.
you inquire on phone about the availability of cables and get affirmative answer
the salesperson ask question "from where did you purchase other stuff?"
the buyer tells that he purchased it from other reputed brand. the tone of salesperson changes and she inquires why did'nt you purchase cables from that brand itself. the buyers informs that brand does not sells cables.
buyer sends somebody to get the cables and salesperson refuses to sell them telling that these are now out of stock. buyer get offended
my earlier experiences with the same brand shop 1-2 month back ---
I went to the same shop and ask about amplifier and other options. the lady asks from where I purchased speakers. I told her that I purchased JBL speakers. and she said that "why JBL when you could have purchased blau which are far better than JBL". I told her that I compared and liked the SQ of JBL and she informed that blaupunkt is blaupunkt and is better brand and build quality than JBL .

This is no Delhi, Mumbai and bangalore where you have other brand shops and options available. I am not saying that this is happening with all Blau brand shops but only wanted to share my experience with all Team-Bhpians.
I seriously hope that someday people would not have to visit metroes to get quality products and to check the availability of other options.
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. the tone of salesperson changes and she inquires why did'nt you purchase cables from that brand itself. the buyers informs that brand does not sells cables.

2. buyer sends somebody to get the cables and salesperson refuses to sell them telling that these are now out of stock. buyer get offended
my earlier experiences with the same brand shop 1-2 month back ---

3. "why JBL when you could have purchased blau which are far better than JBL". I told her that I compared and liked the SQ of JBL and she informed that blaupunkt is blaupunkt and is better brand and build quality than JBL .

4. I seriously hope that someday people would not have to visit metroes to get quality products and to check the availability of other options.

1 and 3 are beyond the salesperson's comprehension. It is his/her job to sell and the more the better for him/her. You should really not worry about it.

About 2, no matter what it is, if they had the stock, they would have sold it. So, it doesn't look like he/she is avoiding someone.

So just relax, vkhandelwal, there is no need to be upset about anything. It was nice to have shared your experience with us.

About 4, I agree with you. Hopefully, people (everywhere) will be aware of all the brands and products and not constrained to choose from the very easily available Sony/Pio and such brands.
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Arrey Its a simple matter, she saw Sam once and fell in Love. Bas! Now she sends customers to JBL in the mad hope that someday Mr. Kapasi will notice her and direct his affections towards her. You are just a victim of this Love triangle: Blau Lady Loves Sam Loves JBL. Thats all. LOL.
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:43   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Behave yourself Gunnu, lol.

I'm confused baba, you mention a Blau brand shop and then a JBL brand shop in mumbai. This blau shop you talk of, is it in Indore or Mumbai?

No I am not trying to find the lady, (Behave yourself Gunbir) but I have some friends at Blaupunkt who would be most interested in your experience.
Can you please tell me where this store was?
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:15   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Behave yourself Gunnu, lol.

I'm confused baba, you mention a Blau brand shop and then a JBL brand shop in mumbai. This blau shop you talk of, is it in Indore or Mumbai?

No I am not trying to find the lady, (Behave yourself Gunbir) but I have some friends at Blaupunkt who would be most interested in your experience.
Can you please tell me where this store was?
SAM I was talking about my experience with the brand shop in indore. I am sure the situation in mumbai is different as there are other shops and options available. I was left with no time in mumbai after I purchased 75.4 and 607 in mumbai and thats why was searching for good qulaity cables in indore
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

@vkhandelwal, sorry to hear about your experience. It must have to do with that particular lady or shop.

I've had a pretty different experience here with the Blau Showroom in Kochi.

I used to have an all-Blaupunkt setup till a while back. Recently, I visited the showroom to get my HU serviced (dust in lens). The sales guy and the tech guy who know me came out to my car and they saw that the only Blau stuff remaining in my car was the HU and CD Changer (and the steering remote). [I'd changed my speakers, and 2 amps].

They did ask me why I switched and I told them that I'd found the current setup more to my taste now. They were obviously a bit disappointed (quite understandably) that I did not keep with Blau when I upgraded. But they did not ask lame questions or make lame claims about this and that (as most people would have done when they see an existing customer moving away). They did not pull a long face or act irritated/defensive or act "so-that's-it-between-us-eh?". The tech guy even serviced the HU for free (the HU warranty expired about 1 and a half years back), cleaned it well and fitted it back properly. Then they both listened to my setup and they both were quite appreciative.

I've always had a really good experience with Blaupunkt. If they made better sounding HUs I'd have replaced my current HU with a better Blau HU long back, regardless of the fact that buying Blau with B&W in India is not so VFM.

Last edited by hydrashok : 22nd August 2007 at 17:37.
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:35   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
...I'd have replaced my current HU with a better Blau HU long back, regardless of the fact that buying Blau with B&W in India is not so VFM.
Pio with B&W is not VFM either. Atleast with Blau you get the A.S.S. you paid for. When my mom's friends ask for a stereo for their cars I tell them Blau becuase i know they wont come back to me with complaints of poor A.S.S. That is not to say that Alpine's A.S.S is poor but in my experience Blau is really above and beyond.

Last edited by navin : 23rd August 2007 at 11:39.
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:49   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@vkhandelwal, sorry to hear about your experience. It must have to do with that particular lady or shop.

I've had a pretty different experience here with the Blau Showroom in Kochi.

I used to have an all-Blaupunkt setup till a while back. Recently, I visited the showroom to get my HU serviced (dust in lens). The sales guy and the tech guy who know me came out to my car and they saw that the only Blau stuff remaining in my car was the HU and CD Changer (and the steering remote). [I'd changed my speakers, and 2 amps].

They did ask me why I switched and I told them that I'd found the current setup more to my taste now. They were obviously a bit disappointed (quite understandably) that I did not keep with Blau when I upgraded. But they did not ask lame questions or make lame claims about this and that (as most people would have done when they see an existing customer moving away). They did not pull a long face or act irritated/defensive or act "so-that's-it-between-us-eh?". The tech guy even serviced the HU for free (the HU warranty expired about 1 and a half years back), cleaned it well and fitted it back properly. Then they both listened to my setup and they both were quite appreciative.

I've always had a really good experience with Blaupunkt. If they made better sounding HUs I'd have replaced my current HU with a better Blau HU long back, regardless of the fact that buying Blau with B&W in India is not so VFM.
yeah.. I also think the lady was in bad mood and unfortunately I was getting my system installed that day :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks