Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 12:22   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Both were typos. They are my speciality. you were warned. :-)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...tml#post122261

I am sorry for mis-spellig your name.
OK..I believe you
Old 28th August 2007, 00:49   #47
BHPian

I simply can't believe the SQ of this setup...it's AWESOME. Even though I'm on "retro" style soundstage settings, with my rear soundstage totally dominating, I'm simply in awe. The HSK 690 are absolutely the SWEETEST co-axials I've ever heard, absolutely mindblowing. I was listening to the "2 Fast 2 Furious" soundtrack and man, is the bass tight or what! The Hertz sub is worth every penny and the SRX4 is a SWEET SWEET amp. I think I'll run out of adjectives describing how amazing the SQ is.
I just can't wait for the tweeter to be installed and the system tuned properly. I can't even imagine what that'll sound like.
Thanks a ton "Gun man" for giving me such a patient hearing. I'm sure you had better things to do at 1 AM, rather than giving me advice ( If you didn't...you seriously need a lecture on senses other than the auditory!), but seriously bro, thanks for hearing me describe my tastes in very non-musical terms and helping me install something that suits my tastes perfectly...you rock!
Old 29th August 2007, 14:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
I simply can't believe the SQ of this setup...it's AWESOME. Even though I'm on "retro" style soundstage settings, with my rear soundstage totally dominating, I'm simply in awe. The HSK 690 are absolutely the SWEETEST co-axials I've ever heard, absolutely mindblowing. I was listening to the "2 Fast 2 Furious" soundtrack and man, is the bass tight or what! The Hertz sub is worth every penny and the SRX4 is a SWEET SWEET amp. I think I'll run out of adjectives describing how amazing the SQ is.
The HCX690 are the highest 6x9 model we have in HERTZ. It is indeed a very nice coaxial. Takes loads of power and sounds "sweet", brings a lot of "air" due to the ribbon supertweeter. Now just make sure someone who paid 12.5K for a Polk momo 6x9 doesn't listen to your setup.

Quote:
I just can't wait for the tweeter to be installed and the system tuned properly. I can't even imagine what that'll sound like.
Thanks a ton "Gun man" for giving me such a patient hearing. I'm sure you had better things to do at 1 AM, rather than giving me advice ( If you didn't...you seriously need a lecture on senses other than the auditory!), but seriously bro, thanks for hearing me describe my tastes in very non-musical terms and helping me install something that suits my tastes perfectly...you rock!
Arrey, thats what we are here for. I love my job so it hardly matters what the time of day (or night) it is. Experience has taught us to ask the right questions and to listen very carefully to your answers. You were very clear about what you wanted so figuring out what you wanted was easy.
Old 30th August 2007, 00:07   #49
BHPian

Install done. it sounds BRILLIANT and bloody loud! I've been playing everything from Led Zep to Remember Shakti, The Prodigy, 2 fast 2 furious, Norah Jones...everything. This system is something else.

Quote:
Now just make sure someone who paid 12.5K for a Polk momo 6x9 doesn't listen to your setup.
Someone just did...ME!!!
Old 30th August 2007, 00:16   #50
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Vikram!!!

This is exactly how we all felt the first time we heard one of gunbir and autophile's installs!!!
Old 30th August 2007, 01:30   #51
BHPian

Congrats vikram! now when do I get a listen??
Old 30th August 2007, 02:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Congrats vikram! now when do I get a listen??
I'm trying to make it for the meet this Friday night. How about then?
Old 30th August 2007, 08:54   #53
Team-BHP Support

And how about some pictures Vikram paaji?
Old 30th August 2007, 10:41   #54
BHPian

Congrats man !
When do we get a demo ?? And post some pics
Old 30th August 2007, 17:54   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Congrats man !
When do we get a demo ?? And post some pics
Demo should be at Oasis, Friday Night? Here are some pics

This is how the amps are installed

Tweeter flush mounted in the Door Panel; tried to maintain the OE look

The Boot

Zero Gauge wiring

Install done at Poona Motors, Behind Corporation Bank, East Street. Still have to fine tune the sound, but it rocks as of now.
Old 30th August 2007, 18:05   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Boot

Vik,

How much did you pay for that enclosure? I want one immediately? Can you check with Poona motors for availability if you have their number?
Old 30th August 2007, 18:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

The belt on the enclosure isnt touching the subwoofer's cone-surround I hope. Please ensure that.
Old 30th August 2007, 18:33   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The belt on the enclosure isnt touching the subwoofer's cone-surround I hope. Please ensure that.
What harm will it do?
Old 30th August 2007, 18:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
No it isn't touching the cone.
Old 30th August 2007, 19:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant choice of equipment there! Congratulations!!!

I am not being finicky here, but my observations:

From my experience, if the sub is kept facing the back of the car, it hardly moves or falls down. You can consider avoiding the belt if it touches the cone surround. You can also pad the surface smartly (A neon ring around the sub, maybe? ) so that the belt runs a little above the surround (Not too sure how the neon would look with the belt ).

Also, Sam had once suggested that the crossovers should be installed close to the front speakers (like in the dash). See if others have anything to say about it.

moral, I think that is a Bassworx enclosure, available very easily. I liked the enclosure, right size and good finish.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks