Team-BHP - Help needed for ICE in swift- Budget 20K
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Help needed for ICE in swift- Budget 20K (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/27946-help-needed-ice-swift-budget-20k.html)

Hi guys
Please help me out. i got a SWIF VXI just 2 weeks back and i need a ICE.
I am from mumbai and brought the car from dealer sai service, andheri.
I have been reading a lot but looks like selecting a ICE is more difficult than selecting a car
since no reviews or product ratings/suggestions are available.
Went to milan subway but didn't get any demo and morever if u are not sure the dealers confuse you.
After reading lot of team BHP threads i got some idea and many more queries.
My budget is 20K.(can be stretched max to 25K). i need just a head unit and 4 speakers.
No amp and subwoofer needed as i wont go beyond 25% of the max volume. If needed, will add later.
Songs listened will all be dhinchyak/item songs to keep me awake while driving like the
Reham kare song from cash
Queries
1> In swift, there are 4 speaker provisions at the door, what will be best solution as far as sound quality is concerned,
to fit speakers on the door or the rear tray?
2> Maruti says warranty would be void if wires are cut. should i fit it from dealer or from where i purchase the system?
since the wiring for 4 doors is already there, is it good enough to fit the speakers,
or high quality branded wires need to be fixed?
(this question was answered in other thread, i think i will go to the dealer to fit the music system)

3>Should i be having a double din HU or single din? (since car has double din space available i am not sure what to do with that extra single din space)
What is the security code feature on Double din players? is it as effective as detachable faceplate?
4> Alpine Hus have 1 bit regulated DAC while kenwood HUs has 24 bit DAC. So Kenwood HUs shuld be better than Alpine?
Blaupunkt Hus specifications do not mention a DAC, do they have it?
Headunits i have finalized based on USB feature(though not a necessity) and bluetooth(though not a necessity)
I have no idea about the prices of HU
1>pioneer DEH7950
2>Hamburg MP57
3>Alpine - Someone please suggest a equivalent model
4>DPX-MP5100U
I would like to go with a alpine HU since everyones saying alpine is best and its like the mercedes in car etc etc
Speakers i need should have excellent sound quality and brand name should be other than normally every other car uses.
like say if there are JBL and hertz speaker of equivalent sound quality, i would go with hertz if its in my budget.
I am listing some speakers i read from car magazines and team BHP threads. Here is my Preference
1> Hertz
2> Infinity
3> Blaupunkt
4> Polk
5> Illusion
6> JBL
Please suggest a combination of a HU with model no + 4 speakers with model no. in the budget of 20K(max 25K if its worth going for)
which would give me the best sound quality(please mention speaker locations). I could also source the HU from outside india.
If there is a better combination available but not from the ones mentioned above, please feel free to suggest,
since i am not an expert and i have come up with the list seeing ads and reading from team-BHP posts.
Appreciate all ur help and suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor_79 (Post 541562)
I am from mumbai and brought the car from dealer sai service, andheri.
Went to milan subway but didn't get any demo and morever if u are not sure the dealers confuse you.
My budget is 20K.(can be stretched max to 25K). i need just a head unit and 4 speakers.
No amp and subwoofer needed as i wont go beyond 25% of the max volume.
1> In swift, there are 4 speaker provisions at the door, what will be best solution as far as sound quality is concerned,
2> Maruti says warranty would be void if wires are cut.
3>Should i be having a double din HU or single din? (since car has double din space available i am not sure what to do with that extra single din space)
4> Alpine Hus have 1 bit regulated DAC while kenwood HUs has 24 bit DAC.
1>pioneer DEH7950
2>Hamburg MP57
3>Alpine - Someone please suggest a equivalent model
4>DPX-MP5100U
I would like to go with a alpine HU since everyones saying alpine is best and its like the mercedes in car etc etc

like say if there are JBL and hertz speaker of equivalent sound quality, i would go with hertz if its in my budget.
I am listing some speakers i read from car magazines and team BHP threads. Here is my Preference
1> Hertz
2> Infinity
3> Blaupunkt
4> Polk
5> Illusion
6> JBL

You seem to have read so much that you have confused yourself a bit. To de-confuse you lets get back to the basics.

1. TRUST YOUR EARS. It's your money, your car, your music.
2. Stick to a budget. 25K is significantly more than 20K.
3. I have never heard anyone listen to "din-chak/item" songs at 25% of a HU's capability (no amp). So are you sure you wont strech the HU's capability? Have you heard any systems (your friends) that dont have amps and are you satisfied with the power capabilyt of the HU?

HU: The Pio 7950 is a fav here but on your budget I'd recommend the Alpine 9881 or 9883 or the Hamburg 57 (I have not heard the 5100 you mention).

Speakers: Polks is big on Din-Chak (esp the DB series). JBL is a rocker's speaker, and Hertz-Energy (I heard only one setup) can make a lot of Din too. So i would choose between these 3.

For More Din you need to move air and for that it might be advisable to get a MDF plank, an amp and a pair of 6x9 in the rear. An amp does not use a lot of space.

System sans Amp: brands have been discussed.
HU: 10-15K - Pio, Alpine, Blau.
Speakers: 6K Front 6" components - Hertz, JBL, Polk
4K Rear 6 coax - same as front

Max Din Chak System needs Amp:
HU: 7K Pio 5950 or similar
Speakers: Front components: 6K
Rear Coax 6x9: 4K
Amp to power speakers: Pio 6200, JBL 60.4: 8K

Note: I did not include damping as it would reduce the din. :-)

I have booked a Swift ZXI 2 weeks back, now looking for ICE to be installed when the car arrives.

I mostly listen to warm south indian film music ( Illayaraja 70' and 80's) and AR Rahman's. I am not a fan of excess bass and not going to add a sub to the car. So I am saving the money for better speakers. But I need adequate bass.

My budget is abt 25k. Earlier my budget was 20k but after reading
the ICE sections I have increased it. :-)

After going through various threads I have realized that below could be
config for my budget.

Pio 5950/6950/7960 - 9k
JBL GTO 607c (front door) - 6k
JBL GTO 937 (back parcel shelf) - 4k
JBL 60.4 - 7k

But then I keep reading that Pio - JBL combination is bright.
So I am just wondering if the above is config fine or should consider
different set of speakets for the kind of mussic I am listening.

What are my options? Since the JBL rules the "swift audio thread"
I read less about Hertz and Infinity.

Can I get them in my budget ?
Where can I audition them in Chennai ?
And btw, since I don't need sub do I need an amp ?
If not I can save the money for the speakers/cables.

Would there be any difference in SQ between Pio 5950, 6950 and 7950 ?
If not, then I can stick to 5950 and save some more for the speakers.

Mod's Note: Please utilize existing threads rather than opening new threads for the subjects already under discussion. Threads merged.

Naveen Sir correct me if i am wrong that instead of CS series amp on GTO spekers its better to use GTO 75.4 amp.
They must be good for CS series spekers.

Hi Navin, Yes i have heard one setup of
Pioneer DEH5950 + Front dash JBL + Rear 6*9 Lightning audio in a friends indica. His total cost was 11.2K. It sounded good. max volume at 65 was too loud couldn't even hear for one sec. We were hearing at volume 15 and it was sounding good. distortion i guess started after 50-60% of the max volume.
So i am sure i dont need ampli, quite happy without it atleast for now. maybe if i hear someones ampli system and like it.I will come back here again :)

Does anyone have idea about
Apline 9881 and hamburg MP57 HUs market price?

checked Polk speaker site, they look impressive and out of budget, still will check india prices for Hertz-energy(esk165s/ecx690) and polk DB(db6501/db691)

So from what i understood one config within my budget is
Pio DEH7950 - 9k
JBL GTO 937 (rear tray) - 4k

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 541724)
Naveen Sir correct me if i am wrong that instead of CS series amp on GTO spekers its better to use GTO 75.4 amp.
They must be good for CS series spekers.

The 75.4 did not fit in the budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kondalraj_k (Post 541685)
Pio 5950/6950/7960 - 9k
JBL GTO 937 (back parcel shelf) - 4k
JBL 60.4 - 7k

But then I keep reading that Pio - JBL combination is bright.
So I am just wondering if the above is config fine or should consider
different set of speakets for the kind of mussic I am listening.

What are my options? Since the JBL rules the "swift audio thread"
I read less about Hertz and Infinity.

The 5950 is 6-7K the 7950 is 9K. What you can do is just upgrade teh fornt speaker to Infinity or Illusion (I heard from LBM that they are laid back) or any other speaker you find suits you better. The rear speaker is for rear fil and besies the high frequencies are off axis so they will not be such a distraction.

So say ask your dealer if he can give you a package that includes the 5950, JBL 60.4, JBL 937 and Infinity 6020 for 25K. If not there is a CS series 6x9 by JBL (forget model number) that you can use to fit your budget.

What about SONY XPlod system and speakers ?? I have the same installed in my Santro and it is simply awesome. I think Sony is the master in the electronics business....video or audio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samirsarkar (Post 542454)
What about SONY XPlod system and speakers ?? I have the same installed in my Santro and it is simply awesome. I think Sony is the master in the electronics business....video or audio.

Have you heard Sony and compared them to the any of the others like say Pioneer, JBL, Illusion, Focal, Polk, Boston, Hertz, Diamond, DLS, Morel, Dynaudio etc..?

Hi, I am also lookout for ICE for Swift in Bangalore, I've checked in torque in Jeveen Bima Nagar, I've got the following quotation

HU - Pioneer 5950 10K
Front speakers.
Boston S-60 - Rs 6160
Rear speakers -
Polk DB 691 - Rs 7500

Need to buy a wooden plank for rear speakers -Rs 900

Installation - Rs 350.

My budget is 20 K, not sure about the amp right now, may be would install one after six months. Are the prices quoted ok ? Also, can you please recommend any good place for ICE in Bangalore ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limpid (Post 543717)
Hi, I am also lookout for ICE for Swift in Bangalore, I've checked in torque in Jeveen Bima Nagar, I've got the following quotation

HU - Pioneer 5950 10K
Front speakers.
Boston S-60 - Rs 6160
Rear speakers -
Polk DB 691 - Rs 7500

Need to buy a wooden plank for rear speakers -Rs 900

Installation - Rs 350.

My budget is 20 K, not sure about the amp right now, may be would install one after six months. Are the prices quoted ok ? Also, can you please recommend any good place for ICE in Bangalore ?

Going by the price he gave you for the Pio 5950, Torque's prices seems to be quite inflated.

You could go across to Koramangala and check: Sprocket (on the Kalyan Mantapa road), Auto Fusion (Anwar / Thouqueer, near Koramangala Club), another shop behind BDA complex, Sachin's on the road behind Bosch ...

Listen to different brands yourself and compare prices. You could get a lot of good stuff in your budget, including an amp. Read up the posts in the ICE section patiently - that will give you an idea what you could get for 20K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limpid (Post 543717)
HU - Pioneer 5950 10K
Front speakers.
Boston S-60 - Rs 6160
Rear speakers -
Polk DB 691 - Rs 7500

any reason for choosing these 2 brands?

well i got myself these (i know i am invitinf trouble as most here are Pioneer and JBL fans)

JVC KW-XG706 - 14990
speakers
Rear 6x9 4ways CS-v6945 - 3990
front - 6.5 inch - CS-V625 - 1090

total of 20070 all inclusive
the above price was with bill and 18 months warranty

the same is available at much lower price without bill

also the sound is a little bright, but then my amps and sub are gonna fill in that void with an upgrade next month

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibcool (Post 544612)
well i got myself these (i know i am invitinf trouble as most here are Pioneer and JBL fans)

JVC KW-XG706 - 14990
speakers
Rear 6x9 4ways CS-v6945 - 3990
front - 6.5 inch - CS-V625 - 1090

total of 20070 all inclusive

a chain is only as strong as the weakest link. the JVC HU ost you 75% of your budget. I would have spent 40-45% on the HU and more on the speakers.

becuase speakers convert energy from one form (electrical) to another (mechanical) they are often the weakest link in a system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 544577)
any reason for choosing these 2 brands?

Well, actually I am quite new to ICE. I am still doing initial study, the combination of HU and speakers were suggested to me by the Torque Shop owner. I guess I need to dig deep in the ICE threads.
I'd been to car shringar opposite Life style in Bangalore, His quotes are as below.

Pio 5990 B/W - Rs 9000
Boston S60 - Rs5500
Boston S65 - Rs 3000

Other combinations he offered was

HU of my choice

Speakers Infinity ( front) Rs 8000
Infinity ( back) Rs 4000
or
Polk db6500compo. Rs 8500
Polk Coax DB 650 Rs 4000
But he did not recommend polk, was suggesting go for Boston. Also he did suggest not to put a wooden plank and put 6x9 speakers at the back in swift and put all the speakers in the doors . Any comments on the price ?

I've tried searching for Sound Factor on levelle road but could not locate it. I will check with the Shops suggested in Kormangala now. I guess I need to get the demo of these combinations. Few shops had a setup with 2-3 HUs and combinations of speakers, but I could not appreciate much. Also, many guys are trying to sell X plode, but did not like the sound quality.