Team-BHP - How good is Pioneer?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   How good is Pioneer? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/27950-how-good-pioneer.html)

Ok now dont freak but a friend of mine comes back from Singapore with a Pioneer car audio stuff. Why I dont know. Maybe the same reason my cousins buy Bose 1-2-3 systems. Funny they did not charge him duty.

Now the question: The speakers look nice. Well built. They are called TS-720PRS. Even the XO looked well made. HOW GOOD DO THEY SOUND?

Now ofcourse I have NOT heard these but apparently my friend paid a fortune for these components I am talking Focal Polyglass, Hertz Hi-Energy, Infinity Kappa, Illusion Carbon prices.

Unfortunately i wont be able to hear them as he lives in another town (does not want details given) and will get them installed in his Hyundai Elantra there (along with a 12" PRS subwoofer) hence I wonder if anyone on this forum has an opinion.

those components are supposed to be very good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 541668)
those components are supposed to be very good.

In the same league as Focal, Hertz, etc...they loooked quite well made. What surprused me most was the quality of the crossover. Obviously some thought has gone into this.

And this sub also I am interested also...HOW GOOD IT IS ?

Pioneer Electronics - Sound. Vision. Soul

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 542387)
In the same league as Focal, Hertz, etc...they loooked quite well made. What surprused me most

was the quality of the crossover. Obviously some thought has gone into this.

I do go through other forums on car audio (I am just a learner, as you all know) and these components have been compared to Focal 165k2p, D661 from Diamond audio, etc. (I don't want to post the links to other forums here)

Not to say that we need to consider them the same, but IMO, they should be definitely worth a listen.

Here are some pictures:

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 542424)
And this sub also I am interested also...HOW GOOD IT IS ?

Pioneer Electronics - Sound. Vision. Soul

The last time I had heard that sub it was crappy, My friend has two of them installed in a fiberglass setup in a Zen, the entire setup was pioneer, amps compos etc. These subs are still not available in the market here.

CarAudioForum.com - Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS v.s. A/D/S 346CS

In the above link the pioneer 720 are said to be crapy speaker with comments like this...Hope Navin Ji find the info useful..

Quote:

tweeters are weak and lack high end, at higher volumes they are plain harsh and ringy, midbass is politely put weak and midrange is lifeless. How is this for an evaluation. I think it is pretty ironic that instead of seeking these things out along with a/d/s and listen with your own ears to compare, you will spend your time jumping on my back just because someone else deemed them great.