Team-BHP - Query on Pionner 6950 Output
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Query on Pionner 6950 Output (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/28034-query-pionner-6950-output.html)

Dear All,

Please suggest if the Pioneer 6950 have sufficient power output to run Infinity Component both at the front and at the back. I'm planning to install the same in Accent and have some budget constrains at the maoment. I'll leave the option of adding the sub and the amp latter. I just don't want to but some cheap stuff amp and woffer. Also this will keep my option open for the better Amp and a better Sub to be added latter.
But from what I've read that the output from the head unit won't be sufficient to power both the components at the front and at the back.
I'll be mostly going for Infinity Ref5101cs both at front and at back.
Pls help.
Thanks
Saurabh

Its not the best idea to have good components running on the head unit directly, but like you are saying, when you get the amp later, you should be fine.

I am not a audio guru but as per my knowledge(poor one) a head unit can drive components no issues but you wont get the punch for what they are made for. So either go for coxes or use Amp.
And at rear no need to put compos coxes will do decent job.

6950 is a good HU (iPod ready and aux-in with 3 pre-outs) and it has 4V pre-out which provides better quality music output when connected with an Amp. I would suggest a round co-axial speaker instead of Compos in the rear. You can later buy a 4-channel amp and connect the front components and bridge the 2-channels to a sub and be done with it...

I agree. Put coaxial speakers in the rear. Then latter you can put an amp.

I am new !!! but I have read this over & over again in this forum but I couldn't come across an explaination....

So for god's sake can anyone pls explain to me why co-axs in the rear, is it becoz they cost less (what if money was not the ??) or is it becoz no1 going be sitting in the back seat (what if there was..). If components are better spks then why not have all same spks in the car for a better overall SQ ?

Can the gurus pls throw some light on this ....?

Some suggest components in front, a sub at the back & no rear fill.
Others suggest components in front, a sub at the back & coaxials for rear fill.
Still others suggest components in front, a sub at the back & mid-bass or mid-range speakers (but no tweeters) for rear fill. They argue that if tweeters are installed in the rear, they tend to drag the sound-stage to the back.
Maybe the Gurus would like to elucidate. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vista2Swift (Post 545024)
why co-axs in the rear, is it becoz they cost less (what if money was not the ??) or is it becoz no1 going be sitting in the back seat (what if there was..). If components are better spks then why not have all same spks in the car for a better overall SQ ?

Both cost as well as, statistically, low back seat occupancy. If money is not a constraint, there is no reason why components should not be put on rear doors.

Last week I was surprised to find components (6.5"; proper OEM tweeter slot - not a mod) for the rear passengers in a Toyota Prius taxi (Stockholm) and co-axials for the driver. Some of the Volvo taxis also had that. Unfortunately the drivers (from North Africa, Middle East & Iran) were not music lovers - they preferred to go yakkitty-yak on their cell-phones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vista2Swift (Post 545024)
So for god's sake can anyone pls explain to me why co-axs in the rear, is it becoz they cost less (what if money was not the ??) or is it becoz no1 going be sitting in the back seat (what if there was..). If components are better spks then why not have all same spks in the car for a better overall SQ ?

Vista, calm down.

The point is, co-axials cost less and most of us out here drive the car ourselves. The faders are used extensively to make sure the sound front stage is emphasized and the rear is kept at the bare minimum. I remember this from another thread where Navin mentioned that he fades it all to the front and moves towards the rear until he hears just the audible amount.

If you have excess of money, invest in other elements rather than spending on rear-fill. The overall SQ does not come into picture when you fade so much to the front.

If people are seated at the back, then the fader would be used to make sure they get enough sound.

If the above is the case, don't you think it is wise to spend those few thousands on better wiring/amplifiers/subs or the components itself? Think about it.

However,
In cars (Like Superb, Camry) where the passengers are mostly seated at the back, gurus advise components in the rear.

When the car seats 4-5 and all of them require great SQ, gurus have advised components for both front and rear. (You can also check out some Show-offs with the same, many of Gunbir's threads)

'If money is not the criterion' is a very very hypothetical situation in the ICE section. There is probably no end to quality ICE that you can buy with excess of money.

Hope this answers your question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nura (Post 546035)
Some suggest components in front, a sub at the back & no rear fill.
Others suggest components in front, a sub at the back & coaxials for rear fill.
Still others suggest components in front, a sub at the back & mid-bass or mid-range speakers (but no tweeters) for rear fill. They argue that if tweeters are installed in the rear, they tend to drag the sound-stage to the back.
Maybe the Gurus would like to elucidate. Thanks.

1. Your average sound source is 2D stereo, not decoded 5.1 (front, side/rear, center, sub)
2. Rear channels in an average ICE HU are a simple derivative of the main signal, and Fading is relative power output to front or rear
3. Imaging (your ability to locate the individual sources of the sound by the relative time delays: virtual 3D) is more pronounced at higher frequencies

If the reproduction is as good at the rear, imaging will be proportionately better in the rear, BUT since the rear is audible in the front, the "better rear image" will interfere more with the front image - effectively giving a feeling that the image is "more to the back".

But, hey, there are no rules - everything goes by individual perception. Some even want all the speakers - midbass, tweeters, subs, ovals - in the rear; happy with the reflected image!

After all the brain storning I think this is what my final setup should be.
HU : Pio 6950
Front : Infinity Ref5010CS Component
Rear: Still confuesd between Infinity ref5010cs component or JBL GTO937.
Amp: JBL GTO75.4 ( not sure if I'll sufficient money to be put in now or the same can be added later after say 2-3 months also depends on Sam sir as what final discount can be ;) )
Sub: JBL CS1204 T ( Again this depeneds on when I'm adding the Amp And Sam Sir ).
Once the Amp is added Amp will power the front and the woofer.
Guys pls let me know how this setup will sound. The car in question is Accent and is driven always by me.
Senior members and Gurus pls advice.
I'll like to thank Sam Sir and Firoz for the advice and all the valuable time they have given.
Saurabh

You're a sweet well behaved gentleman. Very polite.

I think you should put coaxial speakers in the rear. JBL or infinity up to you, but I think putting components in the rear will be wasteful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 546270)
You're a sweet well behaved gentleman. Very polite.

I think you should put coaxial speakers in the rear. JBL or infinity up to you, but I think putting components in the rear will be wasteful.

Thanks A lot Sir.
I'll surely take your advice.
So guys Finally it will be JBL GTO937

With Amp and Woofer at this stage or not will finally be decided on the total cost I'm going through. (Sam Sir's help )

Dear Rocksterraghu & Deralte,

Thank you very much for helping in decoding that mystery for me. As I was really very confused after going thru pages and pages of posts.....

Finally I have decided that I will go for Components at the back as well becoz from what you guys say, co-axs in the rear are just for cost-cutting as there is usually no1 sitting at the back !!!

Moreover the cost difference, of the quote I got from my supplier, is only Rs. 1000. So my final setup would look like this....

HU - Pio 6950 6.5K
Spks - JBL 607C 4.2K * 2
Amp - JBL 60.4 (5K) for Spks & Sony 444 for Sub
Sub - 10" Pio sub

any comments or suggestions ?

go in for a better sub + amp combo!