Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 21:27   #76
BANNED

Nice to know that you have finalised your setup.
Will wait for some good installation pics to come up. Write report too.
Thanks.
Old 30th August 2007, 22:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

That's good stuff in there, Gill!

That was a good call about the sub. I'm positive you'll be really happy with the 10" ID.

Do take as many pics as you can, if you're around when the install takes place.
Old 31st August 2007, 21:43   #78
BHPian

Amp Placement!!

Hi,,

Now the real problems have started cropping!!!!!and they are snatching evry hair out of my head!!!
Car in question is a SWIFT

Point of discussion no1:-
Amp placemnt:-Ideally it should be in boot on the back of the rear seat.Points that i am taking into consideration is sometimes my father take the far of a drive also and he is a big fan of plants and father keeps on visiting plant nuseries quite frequently and boot is the place he gonna put the plants in.
secondly sometimes relative too, just through in there luggage practically speaking one can't stand next too the boot all the time and very few people know what that thinhg is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So firiends plz advice me on this where should i place the amp i intend to place it in boot cause of cooling issues.
Pics will be of great help ,pics showing the placement of the amp in the boot!!!!!!!!!!!
Where should i place my cross over n tweeters!!!!!!!!!!
In regard to tweeters i have seen some pics of LBM n other guys installations,
And to add to this i intend to go for stealth intsallation as i am placing all the speakers in stock locations,leaving apart sub!!
so i want tweeters to be not easly visible if possible!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plz post the threads links from where i can get an idea n things to take care off.
Cheers!!!!
I think at this moment a really need a cheers!!!!!!!!!!
Old 31st August 2007, 23:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

You can try this style....but I know in this the tweeter is visible..

Old 1st September 2007, 09:46   #80
Senior - BHPian

you can safely put your amp under the seat....no problems whatsoever.
Old 1st September 2007, 09:47   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Amp placemnt:-in the boot!!!!!!!!!!!
Where should i place my cross over n tweeters!!!!!!!!!!
so i want tweeters to be not easly visible if possible!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. for pics the men with the best collection (after probably LBM) is Gunbir/Autophile. PM him he'll be glad to help.

2. crossover can go in the dash or in door. I prefer dash as it is less liable to get wet.

3. tweeters can go in the A pillar or in door. both involve cutting but it is less intrusive and more discrete.
Old 1st September 2007, 12:15   #82
BHPian

What about amp placement!!LBM i have apic of ur setup of swift in which u have placed the tweeter under the glove box and near to the speaker location.I have a pic of it but don't know how to post pics!!! .
I hope u got it what i was pointing on to!!!Bhai koi waise location bato!!
And do give ur advice for amp placement too!!
Old 1st September 2007, 12:30   #83
Senior - BHPian

here is the pic..

and check out this thread for the tweeter location...as suggest by me earlier...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ft-hertzd.html
Old 1st September 2007, 14:35   #84
BHPian

hi gill saab,

i would not recommend under seat space for amp installation. i have had a bad experience when my pioneer 6cd changer got wet and conked. it was a piece of junk after that. it happened when i was out of town and somebody left a water bottle with a loose cap on the floor near the changer. these things can happen to any one so i avoid mounting any think under the seat.

the safest place is the boot but as you said that your dad sometimes carry plants, you will have to e a bit careful as the plants sometimes are wet and the water ca get into the amp. also the jbl 75.4 has a see through plastic cover and can get damaged by heavy stuff. you can get a box of plexi glass to cover the amp and if you do this, read the manual and design the cover with enough ventilation. the manual has the minimum ventilation requirements usually.

hope this helps
cheer and congrats for the setup
clip.

p.s. - i would like to listen to your setup asap. havent heard the 75.4. and the ID.
Old 1st September 2007, 16:18   #85
Senior - BHPian

I'd say the same thing as Clip has.

From experience (similar to Clip's) an under-seat install will not be good for the amps in the long-run. Too much dust and dirt, and high risk of exposure to water.

I'd also think of a boot install, with a false-floor. An MDF board (1/2" maybe) would be cut to the shape of the boot floor and the amps, distributor block, XOs et al mounted on it.

I'd then get another MDF board (1", of the same shape, covering the entire laid on top of the first board, with a few "legs" running the width of the board in bottom, keeping a gap of maybe 1/2" above the amps, and bracing the board on top very well (so it can take some weight on it). The board on top can be carpeted, to act as the boot floor. Total stealth install, as far as the amp/s and XOs are concerned.

This is something like the floor of the boot in the install Gunbir & JB had done in the CRV ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...onda-cr-v.html ), but with the floor of the boot being a fully carpeted board, covering the amps completely.

If you have only one amp, you can get this done for maybe a half of the boot, with the sub sitting in the other half. That way, the sub will be sitting in a kind of cavity, on the original floor of the boot, with the slightly raised (maybe 1/2" + 3" + 1" = 4 and 1/2" raised) floor of the other half of the boot blocking it from moving around. This would be less stealthy though, as you will have a wide "box" in the boot, looking very mysterious.

MDF would be pretty heavy, so getting the spare tyre out will be a bit of an exercise. And you'd add quite a bit of weight to the car. Maybe fiberglass would be somewhat as stiff, without being as heavy. But will it support weight?

Plexiglass would be ideal for the top "board", but I don't know how expensive it is, and how well it is available. It is pretty bling though (zero stealth), and if it were me, I'd go with plexiglass heh, heh for the looks.

Same thing can be done on the two sides of the boot, with the amps and stuff mounted in the side of the board that is hidden, and facing inside the enclosure. Something like the install in my boot [see my garage ], but with the amps and stuff inside the "enclosures" on the sides of the boot. But then again, the width if the boot would be compromised. And I don't think it will be that stealthy, as people would wonder about the "walls" on the sides of the boot.

Installs like this would cost a bit with all this work and material, though.

Last edited by hydrashok : 1st September 2007 at 16:23.
Old 2nd September 2007, 13:29   #86
BHPian

See Gill Sahab.
Tweeter will go onto the Dash. Final.

I'm inclined to install the amp on the back of the rear seat
OR
See Hydra's install. The Amp can go on the side of the booth also.

That, and patience poliet request to Dad should do it.
Old 2nd September 2007, 16:12   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
See Gill Sahab.
Tweeter will go onto the Dash. Final.

I'm inclined to install the amp on the back of the rear seat
OR
See Hydra's install. The Amp can go on the side of the booth also.

That, and patience polite request to Dad should do it.
hi scary khopdi, lol

dash is a good location IMO. im having the mid bass in stock location and the tweets on the dash facing opposite head restrains. the only gripe i have with the esk 2 ways is the xo. ok, they can be wired independently but i would have preferred a traditional approach like the xos in the 3 way esk's where the insides are visible.

i might build an xo on a pcb and a plexi glass casing using the parts of the original xo or diying.

the amp shuould be installed in the boot. please avoid the under seat space.

where will the install take place? i would love to be there with you guys. im planning to add another amp soon so would like to hear gills setup.

a question for the gurus. as you know i have a pio 944, it can be either used in a 4 or 2 channel mode. on th 2ch mode you you give 2 ch input to the amp and the amp gives out 4chs. and you only need to adjust one set of gain/lp/hp filter for all 4 channels.

now the question is that can a dvc sub be powered using the 4 channels bridged? will the power going to each voice coil equal? or it would be better to use it in a 4ch mode and use a DMM to precisely set the gains?

the amp will pump 250w rms in each VC. and is this feature available on the jbl 75.4?

sorry gill saab for asking in your thread.

cheers clip
Old 4th September 2007, 15:27   #88
BHPian

All the stuff arrives. Install gets underway tomorrow morning 9.30AM.

See if you want to drop in Clip sahab....Gimme a call if coming. Gill will join you near Lovely institute if ur coming.
Old 4th September 2007, 18:58   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
All the stuff arrives. Install gets underway tomorrow morning 9.30AM.

See if you want to drop in Clip sahab....Gimme a call if coming. Gill will join you near Lovely institute if ur coming.
where is the install taking place and why will gill join me near lovely? is the install taking place in jalandhar? or ludhiana? or chandi? me confused mr darawni khopdi. lol

ill be there whenever you guys want. i wont go to chd thats for sure. i can come up till ludhiana. im going on the 8th to chd and ill be staying there for the night.

let me know the place? do you need a camera? i can bring mine. a video cam also.

scry do you know any electronics repai guy? my hearlier HU conke. it was a pio 5650 mp3 player. the technician here said that its dead. im not too sure if it really is. i just checked a few thing an i think it can be repaired.

chers
clip
Old 4th September 2007, 19:50   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
let me know the place? do you need a camera? i can bring mine. a video cam also.
I dont think install will be at CHANDIGARH. And puhleez take pics and videos of the install.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks