Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 16:20   #1
BHPian

illusionized palio_ver 2.

Hi guys with little help from Pune team-bhp guys I finally took the plunge and went the Illusion way for upgrading my setup. I was really happy with my setup posted here until I got the real idea of what was wrong with it. I was not a member when I got it done and I was taken for a ride by the installer and distributor Bharat Car Accessories. When I showed my setup to the guys from Pune team-bhp I got the real picture of what went wrong. My dealer installer a pair of JBL tweeters (from JBL 507 package) + Pioneer tweeters in front. He put the midbass of the component system in the stock speaker pod in the rear. Crossovers were somewhere in the dash and I had to trace the wiring out before I could locate them. The front doors had CS 2104 installed in them. The parcel tray had a pair of JBL 937's in it. The boot carried a JBL tube powered by CS 60.2 which had fake JBL wiring RCA's. When I realised that I had been conned I felt really bad for whatever happened to my car.

I went to Iran and just returned two weeks back and heard Illusion Audio components in MF's car driven by a Magnat amp. His JBL amps weren't working then. I really liked the clarity of the speakers. I liked his earlier Infinity setup too which inspired the Infinity install in my room mates Matiz. I got my stuff down from Bass&Trouble which included:

Ichibahn IKIT8 x 2
Illusion Audio El 6.1
Noise kill damping about 35 sq.ft

Ajay and everyone around recommended JBL GTO 75.4 to power the front speakers and the sub and use the existing CS 60.2 to power the rear fill. I retained the JBL 937's and the JBL tube. Went to Music Corner for installation and realised that life doesn't get better when you don't have the know how. He conned me again. Charged Rs. 1,500/- for the install and did a monkeys job. Moral had promised to be around but his girl friends get the better of him on weekends and he disappeared not to be seen for the whole day. He was only around until damping was done and the installer managed to break the power window switch which costed me another few thousands. After this my front speakers weren't working as they should.see some snaps taken on that day in pune:
the wiring:

damping:

installation:

this is how music corner install the board:

I got really pissed on the Music Corner guys because they charged me for some work which they did not do. I was later pacified by friends and I decided to go to Bombay to get the install done. The tube was sounding too boomy for my liking. I decided to get over it and the rear 6x9's too. So the final config I decided with help from Pune bhpians was:

Ichibahn IKIT8 x 2
Illusion Audio El 6.1
Noise kill damping about 35 sq.ft
JBL GTO 75.4
JBL CS 60.2
Ground Zero 12 inch Sub
Illusion Audio 693 rear 6x9's
1 cu. ft enclosure.

We reached FM drive in the afternoon after a rush here and there. The install did not have much to do except for add a sub, rear ovals and an MDF tray for the rear speakers. All this got done in about 2 hours or so. The guys at FM drive are thorough professionals and did an immaculate job and I would drive down to Bombay for every accessory I need hence forth. Screw Pune guys who jacked my money and happiness. At the installer we decided not to opt for the Illusion 6x9's since Ajay thought the Ground Zero ones would sound better. After the install was done Ajay spent about 30-40 mins to tune it up and I got a demo. [b]Crystal clear[b] it was. I have never had a front soundstage like that before. I was blown with the SQ. My music like hip hop, Persian, trance all sounded new to me. Very well done and three cheers to Ajay for helping me out so well. I really owe you one.
and a big thanks to MF,thanks kiran you are always around to help.

this is how my new set up is:

Last edited by Dippy : 27th August 2007 at 16:41.
Old 27th August 2007, 16:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

Nice setup Payam. I really like the GZ sub. So you and Amey share the exact same replica except for the HU and the rear speakers. Enjoy your music
Old 27th August 2007, 16:31   #3
BHPian

Hey man..
that was a nasty experience you have had @bharat's

And after listening to your setup yesterday, i am really blown over.
those violin notes played so sharp and nice... am dreaming about Illusions after i heard them in MF's car - and after yesterday, i have finalised what compos i want

in one word : S - W - E - E - T !!!!

Last edited by hkanitkar : 27th August 2007 at 16:33.
Old 27th August 2007, 16:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

good clean install, especially damping! and except amps!

Last edited by panky12345 : 27th August 2007 at 16:38.
Old 27th August 2007, 16:38   #5
BHPian

thanks budd,illusion is the way to go man.get it with no doubt
Old 27th August 2007, 16:39   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
good clean install, especially damping! and except amps!
The amps are installed by the great Music Corner and charged Rs. 1,500/- for this job and damping was done by him too.
Old 27th August 2007, 16:48   #7
BHPian

yes it is done by music corner and we didnt have time to get it done in bombay.
after installation we had a mini meet with bombay's guys.gogi thanks a lot for having us there,it was really nice to meet N_C,DIPPY,KARTHIK,F50 and PRASHANTH.
Old 27th August 2007, 16:56   #8
BHPian

payam, congrats on your palio having been illusion-ed!!

nice car you have there. i should have joined you guys on saturday in fact. but didnt want to gatecrash.
Old 27th August 2007, 17:08   #9
BHPian

prices:
Ground Zero woofer 12" - Rs. 5,950/-
Ground Zero 6x9 speakers - Rs. 4,950/-
Rings 1 pair - Rs. 250/-
Woofer box (Bassworks) - Rs. 1800/-
Parcel tray (MDF) - Rs. 650/-
Illusion Audio EL 6.1 - Rs. 6,490/-
Ichibahn IKIT8 x 2 - Rs. 4,980/-
Noise kill damping (35 sq. ft) - Rs. 3,500/-
Old 27th August 2007, 17:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
Moral had promised to be around but his girl friends get the better of him on weekends and he disappeared not to be seen for the whole day.
Girlfriends? Not bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam
Very well done and three cheers to Ajay for helping me out so well. I really owe you one.
You promised me something from Iran, for which you said I will have to pay only custom duty. That sounded like a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam
and a big thanks to MF,thanks kiran you are always around to help.
I am glad to hear Kiran is playing the role of a devoted wife well.
Old 27th August 2007, 17:17   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Girlfriends? Not bad!
Quote:
I am glad to hear Kiran is playing the role of a devoted wife well.
Payam, the bill from FM Drive gets couriered to your girlfriend.

Quote:
You promised me something from Iran, for which you said I will have to pay only custom duty. That sounded like a good idea.
So you are the guys involved in flesh trade eh?
Old 27th August 2007, 17:21   #12
BHPian

B&T_i am totaly broke man find me a job i will pay the duty
MF_the bill is with me bro you left it in the car,how about posting some nice video and sound from friday night??

Last edited by payam : 27th August 2007 at 17:29.
Old 27th August 2007, 17:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Heyy... Do u have the illusion sticker in the back?? I think I spotted ur car yesterday on Ambedkar road/Moledina road (I was in my car behind urs). Thought it was MF initially, then realised he has a red Palio.
Old 27th August 2007, 17:59   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Heyy... Do u have the illusion sticker in the back?? I think I spotted ur car yesterday on Ambedkar road/Moledina road (I was in my car behind urs). Thought it was MF initially, then realised he has a red Palio.
yes dude i do have illusion sticker and i was out the whole day yesterday but no idea where ambedkar is.

Last edited by payam : 27th August 2007 at 18:13.
Old 27th August 2007, 18:08   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Co-incidentally, I was driving it that time . Was it the same time when it was pouring all over camp?

Most Viewed