Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, 2 quick Questions.
I sold my Zen n purchased OHC 1.3, I have Pioneer 5950IB HU, GTO 937 6"*9", GTO 507 Components.
My Question is
1. can i put the GTO 507 in the front door pads without any cutting or without any fuss?. If not how to put them in the front door pads ?
2. Can I place GTO 937 at the rear shelf without any cutting of the metal? Do i need to put a MDF plank or will the company provided original plank will suffice?

Will add a Bass tube, Amplifier in sometime
Regards
Sushrutha

Last edited by sushrutha : 3rd September 2007 at 14:46.
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:17   #17
BHPian

EDIT: apologies to Vishnuvijay for hijacking this thread. I noticed it after I posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Hey guys, 2 quick Questions.
I sold my Zen n purchased OHC 1.3, I have Pioneer 5950IB HU, GTO 937 6"*9", GTO 507 Components.
My Question is
1. can i put the GTO 507 in the front door pads without any cutting or without any fuss?. If not how to put them in the front door pads ?
2. Can I place GTO 937 at the rear shelf without any cutting of the metal? Do i need to put a MDF plank or will the company provided original plank will suffice?

The pics below should help you. Exactly same install. Changed over from the old OEM Alpine. This was a DIY on a Sunday. only 4 hours of work. removed the door panels to drill a few holes for the 507 compos, bought a spacer (lakda ring) for the 6x9s to fit into OEM round holes, nothing more...

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4061/dscf0041cv9.jpg
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5724/dscf0043iz9.jpg
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/733/dscf0044ve2.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9696/dscf0045rv7.jpg

I still have to bolt the 6x9's lakda ring through the metal as it is now screwed onto the thin plysheet that covers the parcel shelf area. found no time to drill the holes yet.

Last edited by gbpscars : 3rd September 2007 at 15:24. Reason: Realised it was vishnuvijay's query thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

@gbpscars, that's a really nice DIY job you've done there! Very well finished!
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:39   #19
Team-BHP Support

@ gbpscars. Nice job for DIY. Try and relocate the tweeters to a higher position if possible?
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:50   #20
BHPian

thanks hydrashok.

thanks to MF for getting me a 2nd hand contact for those speakers. and thanks again for your note on the install. i installed them low instead of on the dash or a higher on the door panel as i'm a bit opposed to the shrill they emit. but am loving the change it has brought on to my idea of ICE. will go in for a good HU soon.
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice job there gbpscars.

You look a lot more efficient and tidy than most of the regular installers at Vashi.
Old 3rd September 2007, 17:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Good work there gbps! I thought the car looked similar to something I have seen
Old 5th September 2007, 16:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

I got my system installed
This is how it went
Installed a spacer ring for the door pad(inside the door pad), fixed the GTO 507C...
Placed the tweeters near A pillar, As i didn't want to cut anyting on door pad.
Put a MDF plank at rear, Had to cut down a lil bit of metal as speaker was touching the bodypanel. also fixed 1 spacer ring for the plank.
Out come .. Clean music without any jarring sound.
I'm enjoying it
Old 5th September 2007, 16:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sushruta, enjoy the music!
Old 6th September 2007, 10:04   #25
BHPian

Congrats sushrutha!!! have fun.

Please post images, I would want to see the MDF plank work for the rear speakers.

Last edited by gbpscars : 6th September 2007 at 10:06.
Old 6th September 2007, 11:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

congrats....i want to see a pic of tweeter installed.
Old 10th January 2008, 18:01   #27
BHPian

finally guys, i'm posting here after some time. life is not as easy as it seems. i had big plans for me when i got my job. slowly i realised.... especially when you do the monthly expenditure calculation, there's not much remaining of your salary. hehehehe. ok, i had the JBL GTO 937 with me. I have now bought a JBL GTO 607c and a JBL CS 60.4. The details are given below:

Pioneer 5950 - Rs.5,500 [6 months back]
JBL GTO 607c - Rs.5,250 [2 month back]
JBL GTO 937 - Rs.3,500 [8 months back]
JBL CS 60.4 - Rs.5,700 [2 month back]
BOSS wiring - Rs.700 [ somehow i could not convince myself to spend more. i got a "oh che che" from hydrashok on the phone for that. hehehehe]
MDF Plank for the rear speakers - Rs.800
Old 10th January 2008, 18:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuvijay View Post
i had big plans for me when i got my job. slowly i realised.... especially when you do the monthly expenditure calculation, there's not much remaining of your salary. hehehehe.
For which God invented the credit card.
Old 11th January 2008, 00:36   #29
BHPian

hehe ok bass&trouble, i still have to get a credit card because i have not applied for pan card yet.

i would like to thank all bhpians who advised me to go in for component speakers in the front. it's awesome. i can really enjoy all of my favorite rock songs now. the difference in the quality made by a 4 channel amplifier and component speakers are amazing.

but like most installations there was a problem. whenever the horn was blown there was a clicking sound from the rear speakers. i went through our forum and found out different methods for troubleshooting it like changing the wiring, horn relay etc. i had the clicking sound only from the aftermarket horns ( roots vibrasonic ) and not on the stock horns. the alternater issue was ruled out because i had the problem even when the engine was off. i called up jkdas and hydrashock. jkdas told me that it had to be the wiring. i took my car to the shop and first changed the horn relay. but the problem still persisted. i called up hydrashock from there. he suggested disconneting the devices one by one and checking or maybe changing the whole wiring. meanwhile the installer at the shop called up someone he said was an 'expert'. he suggested using an electronic relay for the horn instead of the normal one. and it worked. the clicking sound was gone. i thought how could i go without buying something from there.... so i bought a stebel nautilus horn and replaced the stock horn. everything was fixed and i was happy.

stebel nautilus - Rs.700
2 Horn relays - Rs.300

meanwhile.... i'm so used to hearing songs in my vtec that when i'm in my wagonr, i seldom switch on the audio player. it sounds very dull with some pioneer 6x9 40 watts rms speakers in the rear tailgate and local pioneer tweeters in the front. so i decided to give the sound system in the wagonr a life.

so this is what i decided. i'll buy a new 4 channel amplifier for vtec and use the existing JBL CS60.4 in the wagonr. i'll get new Illusion 4" component speakers in the front and drive it and the existing pioneer 6x9 speakers with CS60.4. later i'll get a subwoofer box/tube and use 2 channels of the amplifier to drive it while the remaining will drive the components. the head unit will drive the 6x9s.

the 4 channel amplifier that i'm planning to get is either a:
-JBL GTO 75.4 ( if i get one and that too in grey market price) or a
-Blaupunkt GTA 480 ( also looking for grey market ).

I know that the 75.4 is an excellent amplifier. but it'll really be hard to get. Blaupunkt GTA 480 will be more easily available. so chances are more for me to end up with blaupunkt. it has 75x4 watts @ 4 ohms and 105x4 watt @ 2 ohms and 210x2 watts @ 4 ohms. how good is this amplifier? it has 15 watts more than the CS60.4's 60 watt. has anybody used this amplifier? should i stick to this plan or are there any other suggestions?
Old 11th January 2008, 08:25   #30
BHPian

Quote:
it's awesome. i can really enjoy all of my favorite rock songs now. the difference in the quality made by a 4 channel amplifier and component speakers are amazing.
@vishnuvijay, congratulations on your new ICE setup...keep rocking!

Quote:
so i decided to give the sound system in the wagonr a life.

so this is what i decided. i'll buy a new 4 channel amplifier for vtec and use the existing JBL CS60.4 in the wagonr. i'll get new Illusion 4" component speakers in the front and drive it and the existing pioneer 6x9 speakers with CS60.4. later i'll get a subwoofer box/tube and use 2 channels of the amplifier to drive it while the remaining will drive the components. the head unit will drive the 6x9s.
Another TBHPian afflicted with 'upgraditis' I believe Kenwood also has a VFM 4-channel amp, dont remember price & model number...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks