Team-BHP - Sony CDX-GT460US with USB
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Sony CDX-GT460US with USB (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/28177-sony-cdx-gt460us-usb.html)

1) Any comments good or bad regarding the Sony CDX-GT460US head unit?

It has slot-in CD/MP3 plus USB plus Aux in. I'm not looking for high-end audio features, mostly the ability to plug a USB stick in.

Sony India : CDX-GT460US (CDXGT460US) : Details

2) It has MRP 8990 Rs. and the dealer is giving it for 8000 Rs. w/ serial-numbered warranty plus bill. Is this a good price?

3) Another question: some places are selling it for about 5000 to 5500 Rs. without warranty. Is this a good idea?

4) I plan on installing it in an Innova V, replacing the 2-din factory CD player. Will install be possible without wire cutting? And can I install another system (say DVD) in the remaining space?

From the lack of responses, @caliper, it looks like the others find this model rather unmentionable. The sound that comes out of Sony HUs, in general opinion without prejudice, is OK in Indica taxis, not in the personal use Innovas.

But then, why would you want to replace the existing (decently competent) stock 2DIN HU with something that is worse, only for USB support? Perhaps the manual can give you a clue for extending the stock HU's abilities to accommodate your needs.

If it is only USB stick reading ability that you are looking at, there can be other solutions. OK, other 2DIN solutions don't come cheap, but you can as well look at
- DVD HU like JVC etc., which might have USB support
- Pio / Blaupunkt / JVC / Alpine CD HU with USB support

And then there is always the AUX-IN in most HUs which can do the work decently if you have even the cheapest MP3 player.

Having a DVD player AND a CD player would create other problems for you, e.g. speaker wiring, and would be an overkill solution.

"Without warranty" is an individual preference / judgement, like riding 2 wheelers without helmet.

Avoiding wire cutting depends on whether you get the vehicle side adapater (for Innova) for the HU that you select. I think Blaupunkt has it, and there may be others available readymade.

according to my knowledge, its not worth for 8 grands, absolute VFM for 5 grands. Anyways HU for 99.9% of the times dont go bad in the first year to make use of warranty.

i have this HU in my car and it performs pretty fine with the USB. i bought it for 5K without warranty etc. Altho not a high end HU, its a basic thing that can get you started if you are tight on budget. I bought it bascally for the price and bcoz my driver use the car more than me. it syncs very well with my AMP and speaker setup.

BUT as mentioned above , i dont think sony HUs are that bad. It depends on what you are looking for and how deep is your pocket.

Bottom line...you need to enjoy what you like.. if you go to any of the accessories shops you can get a chance to try out all the HU models manytimes beofore you can buy one. So please go around and buy something that you like personally and not what others like...

happy driving!