Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 22:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

get the whole system re installed, it will cost you 100 rs and some 4 hours max bit will be worth it.
Old 14th September 2007, 22:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
get the whole system re installed, it will cost you 100 rs and some 4 hours max bit will be worth it.
Seems like that's the only way out now.But I was thinking if the HU itself has conked
Old 16th September 2007, 12:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Played Floyd(in the Blaupunkt itself not the changer) and played around with the fader and balance controls, and voila, the clipping is still there. There is noticable clipping in both the Right channels. Whereas the left speakers played without any issue. So one thing for sure is that there is some issue with the right channels.Can anyone help me out what can be the issue?Is it a wiring problem or is the HU itself is a gone case?Please please guys, help me out..
The volume was set in between 22-32 and in the whole range I could hear the clipping
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Seems like that's the only way out now.But I was thinking if the HU itself has conked
Kaushik, it is higly unlikely (though not impossible) that the HU is at fault. If the source was Blau and not the Kenwood, and the Blau is the culprit, it would be easy to get the HU repaired.

But first overrule all other possibilities of causes. I think it is time for you to use test tones to isolate the problem. There is a fairly recent link where someone has found test tones; PM @clipto333 - he would be able to point you to the link if you don't locate it. Test tones, since they are single frequencies, are easier to work with when tuning / debugging, since you wont be misled by interference in normal music.

- Keep the balance and fader at 0 so that the HU puts equal signal in all channels
- Now slowly increase volume playing a 1KHz test tone repeatedly. If now you hear clipping only in the R channel before you hear it in the L channel, HU maybe suspect - cross check: with a slight shift of the balance to L, the clipping should vanish (or not, HU fault in that case)
- If clipping occurs in both L & R at the same time, HU is not suspect
- If it happens only in front and not at back, or vice versa, quite likely the corresponding speakers are suspect
- If no clipping occurs at 1KHz till a comfortable volume, test at gradually lower frequencies till you hear definite clipping
- If that doesn't trap it, go higher than 1KHz step by step

The decision logic would be the same in the above cases. If it cannot be isolated to wiring or speaker faults, the HU needs to go in for service.
Old 17th September 2007, 12:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi DErAlte and all,
Thanks for the elaborate reply. Actually I met blueraven last friday and his installer's checked the system. There were few problems with the installation itself.They've first removed the front speakers and then cut the plastic sheet inside the spacer(other areas remains intact) and then cut little bit of metal as the speaker magnet was touching the metal.After that lot of the noise has gone(though there is still a lil' bit jarring from the front right speaker but it's almost illegible).
But the rear jarring was still there and we were clueless.There also the metal was not cut and was just bent to fit the speaker.Satya thought may be that is the reason and probably the speaker is touching the metal and making the jarring note.But as the gas-cutter was not available we couldn't get that cut into shape. Then satya(blueraven) thought that may be we should check the speakers unmounted from the location and see if the speaker itself at fault.And here it was, after removing from the location also the noise was there.
Now, we were almost sure that something is wrong with the rear speaker itself.Then Satya told me that probably the noise is more if the speaker is turned upside down.Being curious I checked and then found that the tinsel lead is touching the speaker cone.I slightly bend it to position and voila, no more jarring.Everything just fall into place.Probably while installing those guys managed to bend that wire and it was touching the cone and then the jarring was coming.
Thanks a lot to Satya for giving the time and almost solving the prob.I thought of posting it yesterday but was not keeping well, so couldn't post.Also thanks DerAlte and others for your help.
Regards
Kaushik
Old 17th September 2007, 13:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Phew ! @kaushik, good on you that it's finally resolved.

May I borrow your thread for a while ?

I too have landed up with an irritating noise after my install. There's a faint 'chhhrrrk chhhrrrk' sound from the passenger door. Happens with some low frequencies. The problem seems to be the spacer rings.

To fit the EL62, the door metal had to be cut a bit. A couple of spacers were screwed to the door - 4 screws I think. The speaker is then screwed onto the rings. I need to check it out once more, but it seems that the spacer ring screws are getting slightly loose.

Opened doorpad, tightened the screws - the sound seems to go off. Put it back, start driving and within an hour the sound returns.

1. Do I need to get new holes for the screws?
2. Should I try with some rubber/fabric lining between the 2 rings and between the first ring and the door metal ?

Ajay, these are not the rings you sent. Both of your rings have been used on the driver door. Unlike your rings, these do not have the fabric lining.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks