Team-BHP - Reliable Alpine / Pioneer dealers in Bangalore?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Reliable Alpine / Pioneer dealers in Bangalore? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/28545-reliable-alpine-pioneer-dealers-bangalore.html)

Hi,

Are there any reliable dealers who deal with Alpine or Pioneer HU in Bangalore. I am a little concerned as I understand neither brands have authorized dealers in Bangalore(unless I'm wrong).

I also need to know the same info for Hertz or Infiniti or any other equivalent that gives Clear output & Bass(for Hip Hop)

Also, are there any 4-way speakers that also give good Bass.
I came across a certain D-CADE speakers(in another website) from pioneer that give very good bass output, any other equivalent brands.

If the D-CADEs are no match for a sub-woofer, do i have to really go for an amplifier if i buy a sub-woofer?

I need Clarity & Bass. My price range for my ICE is 20-25k.

I was more inclined towards a Sony or Blaupunkt ICE from an authorized dealer. But like SoundManiac's "Statutory Warning" thread goes.......I got more confused :confused: & am on the verge of conversion :p

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by styx71 (Post 556734)
Hi,

Are there any reliable dealers who deal with Alpine or Pioneer HU in Bangalore. I am a little concerned as I understand neither brands have authorized dealers in Bangalore(unless I'm wrong).

I also need to know the same info for Hertz or Infiniti or any other equivalent that gives Clear output & Bass(for Hip Hop)

Also, are there any 4-way speakers that also give good Bass.
I came across a certain D-CADE speakers(in another website) from pioneer that give very good bass output, any other equivalent brands.

If the D-CADEs are no match for a sub-woofer, do i have to really go for an amplifier if i buy a sub-woofer?

I need Clarity & Bass. My price range for my ICE is 20-25k.

I was more inclined towards a Sony or Blaupunkt ICE from an authorized dealer. But like SoundManiac's "Statutory Warning" thread goes.......I got more confused :confused: & am on the verge of conversion :p

Thanks in advance for all your help.

20-25k inclusive of HU ?

Almost every leading retailer is authorised with most brands, though it is hard to find people selling Auth Pioneer. If you looking at Authorised pioneer it is distributed by a company now called CATS.
If you looking for clarity, then you should go in for an Amp, Any head from the 5950 onwards should sound good in a budget setup.
IMO with Bill and warranty Pioneer speakers are costly and you have much better choices in the market starting with JBL etc at the same price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 556970)
20-25k inclusive of HU ?

Yes sir, inclusive of HU

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 556986)
Almost every leading retailer is authorised with most brands, though it is hard to find people selling Auth Pioneer. If you looking at Authorised pioneer it is distributed by a company now called CATS.
If you looking for clarity, then you should go in for an Amp, Any head from the 5950 onwards should sound good in a budget setup.
IMO with Bill and warranty Pioneer speakers are costly and you have much better choices in the market starting with JBL etc at the same price.

Thanks blueraven316. But, could you please give me any addresses of any of these shops in Bangalore that u or others might have shopped before & felt reliable(If not pioneer then some other brand). Cos the last time i purchased a pioneer system a couple of years ago, i got duplicate speakers :mad: . I completely agree with you that there's no point blowing too much for bill & warranty from authorized shops. But i need to shop at some place that i can trust, so that i wont be taken for a ride:)

Kumar Brothers - Auto Shop at koramangala-9845254766
Sprocket - 080 41501963 (Kalyan Mantapa road, Koramangala)

These are two of the many recommended places based on experience. If I have to add something, please stay away from gullie dealers/installers near JC/SP road. The chances of landing up with fakes is more with them.

You can have a look at this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...bangalore.html

What car is it?

For 20-25k, boom and clarity for hip-hop, you may consider a decent HU (Pio) at 7k, a pair of components (JBL GTO 507/607) for 5-6k, a 4-channel amplifier (60.4) for about 7k and a bass tube (JBL CS1204T) for 6-6.5k. Wiring and installation should take another 3-3.5k, but discounts would cover up for a little excess. Oops! Co-axials for rear may take 2-3k (which is optional if you're on a budget and want boom and clarity).

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 557425)
Kumar Brothers - Auto Shop at koramangala-9845254766
Sprocket - 080 41501963 (Kalyan Mantapa road, Koramangala)

These are two of the many recommended places based on experience. If I have to add something, please stay away from gullie dealers/installers near JC/SP road. The chances of landing up with fakes is more with them.

You can have a look at this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...bangalore.html

What car is it?

For 20-25k, boom and clarity for hip-hop, you may consider a decent HU (Pio) at 7k, a pair of components (JBL GTO 507/607) for 5-6k, a 4-channel amplifier (60.4) for about 7k and a bass tube (JBL CS1204T) for 6-6.5k. Wiring and installation should take another 3-3.5k, but discounts would cover up for a little excess. Oops! Co-axials for rear may take 2-3k (which is optional if you're on a budget and want boom and clarity).

Thanks rocksterraghu. Its for Verna. I dont intend to go for door speakers. Everything goes to the back tray;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by styx71 (Post 557979)
Its for Verna. I dont intend to go for door speakers. Everything goes to the back tray

Hi Styx. If you drive around the car, it sounds much better with components in the front. IMO, you wouldn't enjoy your music that much when it all comes from the back. In fact, it is widely suggested that the front stage is more important.

However - it is your car, your money, your music and your ICE. Just my suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 558212)
However - it is your car, your money, your music and your ICE. Just my suggestion.

Hey I am open to all suggestions. Just that I am not used to having components. I think it "might" be uncomfortable for me. Moreover, by the way my family n frns close the doors(they dont close it gently), i am scared about the fate of the components.

Anyways, i might as well go for components when i buy the ICE;)
(which is about a month from now)

Quote:

Originally Posted by styx71 (Post 559266)
Moreover, by the way my family n frns close the doors(they dont close it gently

1. for the sake of the door and other car parts teach them not to slam. at the risk of being rude or being called names.

2. If you listen to Styx and that sort of music front components would be really enjoyable. You would alos want your speakers to be a bit more laid back.

For 30K (a bit over your budget). A Sample system.
HU: Pioneer 4950 or 5950 (6-7K)
Amp: Pio 6200/6300 or Blau GT4 Special (7K)
Front Speakers: Infinty/Illusion/Hertz Hi-Energy (10K)
Rear Speakers: 6x9 of the same brand as above (6K)
2 pairs of RCA wire etc. can be negotiated for free at time of install if you buy your components from the installer.

@styx - I can give you contact of a guy in Bangalore who can give you Pioneer 7950 + JBL CS2165 Front + JBL GTO 937 Rear at around 16k. I heard and saw the config and I could not find any difference from mine.

I paid 25k at the dealer for similar config(my front speakers are also GTO - some 607 or something).

I cannot vouch for this person, but can give you the contact number if you want to try him out. PM me if interested.

lol a pioneer D-Cade?

I know a company once that had a very famous Decade speaker. What was the name of that company again?

There were 2 Decade speakers.

The L26 10" 2 way from Lansing (later JBL)
http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...l26/page01.jpg

and the L36 10" 3 way from JBL
JBL L 36 Decade

Sam, I am senile, not dead.

They were inexpensive alternative to the L100 (Century). Troels offers one of the best upgrades to the L26 vintage classic.

JBL L26 restoration and upgrade

for those who want to learn more about this series of speaker
1970-1999 HOME SPEAKER LIST

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 559837)
1. for the sake of the door and other car parts teach them not to slam. at the risk of being rude or being called names.

2. If you listen to Styx and that sort of music front components would be really enjoyable. You would alos want your speakers to be a bit more laid back.

For 30K (a bit over your budget). A Sample system.
HU: Pioneer 4950 or 5950 (6-7K)
Amp: Pio 6200/6300 or Blau GT4 Special (7K)
Front Speakers: Infinty/Illusion/Hertz Hi-Energy (10K)
Rear Speakers: 6x9 of the same brand as above (6K)
2 pairs of RCA wire etc. can be negotiated for free at time of install if you buy your components from the installer.

Hi Navin, Sorry about the delayed response - Will this set up give me bass as well or should i need a sub-woofer for that. I am looking for soft bass - sufficient if it is clear & confined to the inside of the car - no boom boom boom stuff(outside the car) for me.

can someone please provide me the address of authorised dealers & service centres for Alpine in Bangalore / Chennai. I blew up one 6.5 " coax bought from US hence need to know if i can repair it.