Team-BHP - Very Basic ICE for my Ikon !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Very Basic ICE for my Ikon !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/28566-very-basic-ice-my-ikon.html)

Gurus ko mera Pranam,

I am getting basic ICE installed in my ikon today. Will be shifting the present setup to my dad's Alto. The configuration that I have zeroed on is:

Pio 3950 - 4300 bucks
GTO427 - 1100 bucks
GTO937 - 2800 bucks

all prices without B&W

And yes I know I should be going for comps in the front and maybe an amp too and yes I do love bass and a sub would be a good idea, BUT I am still 30 sessions short for this set up ( I take sessions on effective communication for students and professionals as a hobby (paying hobby though)) and I am planning to change my car in a few months so will go for a upgrade then.

My only concern ( or rather lack of knowledge) is regarding the HU. Pio 3950 has 2RCA pre outs and 4950 has 3 (for rear, front and sub).since I am not going for the sub at this moment, so does it make sense to go for 4950 in place of 3950. Price difference is only 300 bucks but is there any SQ advantage too :confused:

2 hours to go before I leave for installation. please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshat (Post 557283)

Pio 3950 has 2RCA pre outs and 4950 has 3 (for rear, front and sub).since I am not going for the sub at this moment, so does it make sense to go for 4950 in place of 3950. Price difference is only 300 bucks but is there any SQ advantage too

2 hours to go before I leave for installation. please:

I know I'm posting a little too late (Next time Akshat, please post a little earlier :)), but I can see that you're online and hence my suggestion - If there is only a price difference of 300/- buy the 4950. It will definitely help when you add a sub in the future, even though you have no plans right now. I can't comment on the SQ difference (which would be anywhere between marginal and zero), but 4950 is a newer model and you would have a few added features.

i agree.... 4950 would be surely a better bet!

Everything is almost same between these two HUs except the pre outs. And it is wise to go for the 3pre out one if you plan to keep the HU for long. To add an amp, just a preout will do. If You're powering the speakers, then 2pre outs would be fine.
Unless you want to opt for a bi amp setup or powering all your speakers from a 5/6 channel amp, a 3950 would be fine. Spend the 300 rupees on fuel and go for a longer drive.

Hello everyone thanks for the advise, but my installation was complete even before I could read your replies. and yes speedzak I took your advise and got a 3950 fitted and went for a long drive. Man it was amazing. I did not change the front speakers as the stock were 5"25 so left them for the time being and got just the GTO937 for the rear. The sound quality is simply amazing. Yes, the sound stage is now at the rear but after what I was listening to all this while, it was heaven. I am just back after a long drive and feel like getting back on another one

And yes, I am now a victim too. Ever since I am back I have started thinking on the lines of getting components and an amp as soon as possible ... :)

Thanks guys for helping me think and know beyond the Xplods ... :)