Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 10:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Car Audio installation is not some rocket science,
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Car Audio installation is NOT rocket science!
But basic Knowledge and tools are required which are required for the JOB.
Old 11th September 2007, 10:54   #17
BHPian

congrats on your re-born SQ, nitrous!!.

meanwhile,...
90% of the so called installers are the illiterate ones who learnt to hold a screw driver just to fill up their stomachs at the end of the day. it is sad that one expects them to do good work with equipment that can cost more than what they could earn in a year.

what else goes wrong is the ignorance of the car-owner itself. not many go prepared about what they want and never know what equipment to buy.

i was a bit surprised about people shopping for head units seeing the face plate!!! am sure many of you would have seen this happening already in local audio install shops.

it pays and pays back to go to knowledgeable installers, for whom sound quality matters more than the money and the job is their passion not a forced family business with a kirana history.

why would you think some enthusiasts spend their sundays to drive to a city more than a 100 km away to get a good sound install done are you reading MF / payam?

Last edited by gbpscars : 11th September 2007 at 10:55.
Old 11th September 2007, 11:04   #18
BANNED

Any good installer near Koramangala, BTM or ORR?
BTW how much Anwar charges and hows his work quality?
My setup is going to be HU alongwith 2 components at front door 2 coxes at rear door and one amp to drive all 4 at present, later on one sub.
Old 11th September 2007, 15:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Contact Blueraven. He'll do a superb job.
He won't let U go without a smile on ur face.
Old 11th September 2007, 15:48   #20
BANNED

Thanks Nitrous, already discussed with Blueraven :-).Atleast ill be saving 700 Kms.
Old 11th September 2007, 17:24   #21
BHPian

I'm happy for you Nitrous, me & a fellow team-bhp member (HarmonBro) have been hunting around for quality ICE installers in Chennai - in vain ! And yes, we've checked out both MetalEffects & Technokrat ! In fact one of those visits went so ridiculously that it warranted documentation in a separate thread...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gurus/27771-vendor-quote-key-good-sound-quality-way-its-installed.html

Nitrous, can I ask who your installer in Chennai was ? If everybody's thinking Nitrous's ICE install was botched, wait till you see the "professional" tweeter install my installer (now ex-installer) did !?!

I guess Chennai's ICE salvation lies 360 kms to the east - sighhh :(
Old 11th September 2007, 18:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
I guess Chennai's ICE salvation lies 360 kms to the east - sighhh
Somewhere in the Indian ocean huh? Hmmm....

Looking at all these responses, Blueraven should consider branching out to Chennai

Even I need to contact him and get to Bangalore, some things are pending with my ICE.
Old 12th September 2007, 07:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
I will add to the saga of the "Pathetic Installers" I was a complete noob when I dicovered TBHP and the search for car audio got me to this site.

I did get very good advice from all ( thanks esp to hydra/bad-A/shok) however at that time (last november) as I was a noob and did not understand much though did try to !! and I was tired of reserching on stuff.

I had around 200+pages of print outs ( including 100+ pages from TBHP site) one fine day we planned to go out for a long trip and there was no music and being satruday a holiday I decided to get the system installed.

To my surprise Anwar of Auto Fusion quoted me sjy high prices and I also did mention that I came to know about him from TBHP and also showed the print outs.

Cause of the sky high prices, I went to the other local reputation dealer called "AUTOSHOP" or the other shop called Sachins Auto Shop ( not tendulkers, 100% sure)

These guys ( brothers ) were well very nicely stabbed a knife in to my back by speaking so politely, though I do admit the mistake is all mine to got to them!!

I asked for the 4" componenets speakers first, as the Alpine 4" component was not available in grey also they suggested the JBL GTO 427, I had a print out of a JBP 4" P seriesm he did not mention the same also.

I had asked for the best damn 4" speakers ( though the difference is little) anyways going ahead he suggested to go for balupunt 369.1 in the rear ( as a noob I asked why) he said far superior to GTO 937, are similiarly priced at around 5k with b&w.

I did ask arents both the brands and the series in thhe front and rear be the same and he said no no no. ( at that time point i did not know why but I had read the same on TBHP)

Then the boys came in for the intsallation and they were very cannibalistic with my car, removing the seats and scratche on a 2 day old santro) holes in the carpet, amplifiers under the seat and with a thermacol support etc.

Above all this he charged everything pn MRP and also charged me around 950 for the installation.

and what do I get, a very bass heavy sub and speakers with no highs and midrange.

Gain was on full and HPF was on Flat for both the rear and front speakers and of course who can forget the bass boost ( an installers favourite)

After the install I never went to his shop, tuned the system myself with the help of instructions given by Sam.

I dont have the Boxes, I dont have the Grills for the front speakers ( he kept it) I dont have the JBL stickers and no India warranty card and no manual.

They are only passionate about making whatever money they can by duping customers like me.

I wont recommend anyone to them. Sure they speak nice..but thats it to the deal.

A heartbroken story by JPL.

PS: After much insistence on giving me a discount he gave me a china car perfume. which i used once and replaced.

the Kind of support that I get here and the advice is something I wished I got have got in person during the installation.

I did not even think of keeping the boxes, in case i sell etc..

As I was new to TBHP I was well sorta shy to ask for this kinda help.

Anyways after 51k on the install one quote comes to my mind ( a fool and his money are easily parted)
Hi JPL me thinks you are much better off !!! The state of install in Assam will make most of the TBHPians faint. I will post some pictures soonest possibe of their install. And prices --- A chinese duplicate sony 6X9 speaker sells for Rs 3990 !!!!
Old 12th September 2007, 09:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

The stat of sony dealers at my place is same, I have a sony Explode HU with my old Blaupkant speaker at the back and pionier tweeter up front.
The new HU was just plugged in with no fuse, the wires used for the speakers is ordinary electrical one.now the HU is acting up with the display showing only upper half and can not read most of the cds. [show error] and after two or three tries it reads the same cd.

This is off topic, but can gurus help me with sorting out the setup. What to do to regulate the voltage to the HU, what wires to use, also want to up grade the speakers, components up front. also can I use component speaker for the behind ????? will be sound better or should I stick to oval 45Watt 4 way speakers [what brand should I use], want to chang the rear speakers as the old once have a problem , they some times give out a metallic sound as if some thing is loss with them and the speakers are tapped the sound stops.
Old 12th September 2007, 10:15   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
The stat of sony dealers at my place is same, I have a sony Explode HU with my old Blaupkant speaker at the back and pionier tweeter up front.

This is off topic, but can gurus help me with sorting out the setup.

1. what car is this?
2. what is your budget for upgrade?
3. what are your musical preferences?
4. why not start a seperate thread and list the answers there? it will garner more attention.
Old 12th September 2007, 14:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

The HU can be repaired at the service station, have given it there, so the problems will be solved.
what I want to know is what do I do next when it comes back, like do I use some sort of regulator for power to the HU, and speakers, budget is around 7grand for speakers both front and rear for now, later in few months time may be an amp[ sony amp] for sub. so preparing for that from now , do not want to wast anything later.
car is Indica,music is everything, from western pop/rock/hip hop, hindi to marathi music.depending on mood and whose in the car with me.
not
Old 12th September 2007, 18:01   #27
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
JPL, am sad after reading your install saga....majority of the local installers over here in delhi are the the same. they just really dont know what they are doing to your car and equipment. Problem is that either you get local installers or very very professional installers (too expensive!), a huge gap exists.
Sigh... cant help it man, I guess if the installer reads my post he will be playing ( dhanda hai par ganda hai yeh !! lol)

All I wanted was a honest install for the money spent, not less or more.

Nice observation though , stuck in between extremes. Hopefully in the next ten years things will change due to more competition etc.. till then its their way or the highway ( in most cases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifewater View Post
Hi JPL me thinks you are much better off !!! The state of install in Assam will make most of the TBHPians faint. I will post some pictures soonest possibe of their install. And prices --- A chinese duplicate sony 6X9 speaker sells for Rs 3990 !!!!
Dude grass is always greener on the other side lol, just kidding.

Yeah all those stupid fakes are available in plenty in bangalore too aKa JC Road.

Ciao.
Old 12th September 2007, 20:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post

All I wanted was a honest install for the money spent, not less or more.

Nice observation though , stuck in between extremes. Hopefully in the next ten years things will change due to more competition etc.. till then its their way or the highway ( in most cases).
Not necessarily, the indian mobile audio scene is changing and progressing quite rapidly, and standards are bound to go up there will be more standardisation in pricing too. Those days will be extinct soon that people will overcharge just because their work is good.

However I see most of the progress only in Bangalore compared to the rest of the country in terms of installation quality. Things can change as long as businessmen are interested to make that change and not just about find the easiest and fastest cash flow methods.
Old 12th September 2007, 20:52   #29
BHPian

TVM guys -
I got my ICE done by this chap named Santosh (near Enjikkal), who does the boxes for Car Palace, Car Park, etc. He is also the same chap who does audio setups for places like Coffee Beans, etc. under the name of Sharleo. Does anyone have any opinion about the work done by him? Somehow, I am not 100% happy with my ICE setup.

Bangalore dudes -
Any place where I can get my ICE checked?

Blueraven -
Is it possible for you to have a look at my setup if I bring the car around? If yes, can you let me know where to show up?
Old 14th September 2007, 07:24   #30
BHPian

Hi all. This reminded me of the issue I had. I had given my Accent to fit in a Pioneer sub (the open air type) and the tuning done by the those people in a place called Car Shoppe was pathetic!! I had to retune the whole system by myself at home the very next day. And they also damaged several plastic linings while fixing the wires and amp.
And to make things worse, there was some whining sound coming from the speakers (before I fit the sub) and I figured it was something with the wiring. The sales guy made me replace all my wiring/fuse for another Rs.1,500 (not even sure of the brand) and the stupid sound hasn't gone yet (it dissapeared a year later when I got a new Sony amplifier, so that was the cause!!)
And to make things even worse, they placed the amp behind the rear seats, and while they were cutting the wires, they left the small fragments of wire shavings which was embeded in the seat, near the amp and around the wire connections. Around 3 or 4 months later, my head unit suddenly fried!! I mean it was like my cooking at home, something was getting really burnt!!
I gave the stereo to the Pioneer service center and they inspected my amp and said that the shaving around it must have shorted out the stereo and they proved thier point when they put in a fuse or something (pardon my ignorance!!) and the damn thing got fried again.
Anyway, the pioneer service guys were kind enough to remove the amp, clear everything out and reset the whole system.
Local installers, who needs them!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks