Team-BHP - Tuning queries for Pioneer 7950 and JBL75.4
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Tuning queries for Pioneer 7950 and JBL75.4 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/28615-tuning-queries-pioneer-7950-jbl75-4-a-2.html)

Nah, DerAlte....follow the link. It covers all the points you mentioned above, may be webmaster of crutchfield forgot to change the page title.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 564097)
- Unused rear input kept ON in HU config (AUX-IN, iPod, etc.)

How do you do that for 7950? I tried searching thru all the menu. But couldn't figure out how to do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 563845)
Clip, how can it be better (i mean tuning at 75% of the volume as opposed 90%)

hi panky,

its better beacuse most head units clip above 75-80% of the volume. if you can find the point where the HU clips set the gains using that volume. like in gills setup, using a 1khz test tone, i could hear the HU clip at 26(its not a percentage but the actual volume number.) the HUs max volume is around 35. so it comes to around 75%.

i prefer setting the gains at even lower volume. around 65% so that i have enough room for lower recorded levels in some songs.

i hope im clear. let me know if im not, ill explain again.

here is a link in which 3 methods are described.
Gain Settings

cheers
clip

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 564106)
Nah, DerAlte....follow the link. It covers all the points you mentioned above, may be webmaster of crutchfield forgot to change the page title.

O ji janaab, tussi great ho. I did go through the contents, and searched high and low for the actual "suppressor" component!

Yes, "Right practice for removing noise" and "getting a noise suppressor" are different. There are "noise suppressor" components (usually very low value capacitors which shunt out MHz range onwards) which can be used, but they should be used only when you are sure of extreme circumstances that necessitate their deployment, when "good practices" are not enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkrishn (Post 564122)
How do you do that for 7950? I tried searching thru all the menu. But couldn't figure out how to do this.

Sorry, @gkrishn, I don't have any experience with Pio 7950. Some HUs automatically do it, some make the user do it - one needs to refer to the manual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 564016)
vkhandelwal, follow this:

How to Choose a Noise Suppressor

Thanks panky for sharing the link. the content was very useful. I have lowered the gain and hssing has been reduced to some extent. the installer says that 7950 has very bright sound and some hissing is normal. as far I know you are also using pioneer 7950, is it true??

--Vikas

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkhandelwal (Post 566542)
Thanks panky for sharing the link. the content was very useful. I have lowered the gain and hssing has been reduced to some extent. the installer says that 7950 has very bright sound and some hissing is normal. as far I know you are also using pioneer 7950, is it true??

--Vikas

nope sir....am using Sony XRCA620X cassette player with Sony CDX757MX 10 Mp3 changer. Thats the weakest link in my set up. Am planning to buy 7950. LBM has tried to convince me a lot, but I havent bought yet.:)

Thing is I really couldnt find time to go.