Team-BHP - Need Help with ICE setup in Toyota Camry 2005
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Need Help with ICE setup in Toyota Camry 2005 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/28664-need-help-ice-setup-toyota-camry-2005-a.html)

Hi all

I have a 2005 Camry and I was planning to make some changes to the ICE. I had installed a Alpine CDA-W560EG ( 2 DIN ), but that was way before I knew this site. This HU is so complicated that if I need to do anything apart from increasing or decreasing the volume, I need to park the car on the side of the road :Frustrati . I am not sure how good this HU is but whats done is done and I will stick to it now. The speakers are stock. I have not bothered to open and check them yet. I could do that if it helps you to get the complete picture. The sound is pretty good presently but what I miss (from erstwhile accent ) is the thump of a subwoofer.

My questions were 1) Could I add a subwoofer to this HU without a amplifier ( the setup shows a subout) 2) If not which amp could do the job and what make of subwoofer I could go for ?

I dont want to spend too much nor I do I want to change the speakers. As I said the existing setup is good but I miss the thaamp of a bass unit.

As you can see my knowledge of the ICE setup is close to nonexistant. Guys please help me

Thanks in advance

i think you can install sub in this hu. But you will need amp to drive the sub.
you can get Pioneer or sony amp and jbl or pioneer sub.

btw what is your budget ?

Hi,

For your Camry, with a boot as huge as my room:p , how about a pre-amped bass-tube velcroed to any corner of the boot.

Models numbers are not my speciality, but you can always check out websites of various audio equipment manufacturers.

my 2 cents

rev_hard

This stock HU is good and a similar one is coming as stock in VTEC these days. Change your rears, add an amp and a sub/tube and you'll be rocking.

Do remember to read the HU manual for operations. Its NOT that tough as the faceplate seems to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by firingonallfour (Post 559716)
My questions were 1) Could I add a subwoofer to this HU without a amplifier ( the setup shows a subout) 2) If not which amp could do the job and what make of subwoofer I could go for ?

I dont want to spend too much nor I do I want to change the speakers. As I said the existing setup is good but I miss the thaamp of a bass unit.

a good sub would be the JBL GT4-12 in a 1-1.25cu. ft. box. mated to a JBL 300.1 or Pio D510 amp. The combination (Sub, Amp and Box) will cost you 16-17K.

If you just want thump, then a Bass tube will work out cheaper and easier to install. Choose from the JBL CS series (keeping in mind of the speakers) or even higher models like Infinity etc...
Some good amps suggestions have been posted already.

Thank you for your replies guys.

rev_hard & speedzak : Preamped bass tube sounds like a good idea. Sounds less complicated. I think this is a redundant question but I assume a Bass tube would have its own internal Amp. If this tube goes in the boot then how do I hear the sound. Shouldnt some part be coming out in the car like a regular woofer withstupid

navin : Thanks for the series numbers. Is Milan Subway a good place to start for these ? Also you mentioned box. The last sub I had was a Pioneer sitting right between the two rear speakers. Is there a real difference between the boxed sub and the open one ? My wife hates it if I put any permanent fixures in the boot. A velcroed tube can be convinced.

Thank you

you can also try at ramesh auto stores - opera house.

Quote:

Originally Posted by firingonallfour (Post 560713)
Preamped bass tube sounds like a good idea. Sounds less complicated. I think this is a redundant question but I assume a Bass tube would have its own internal Amp. If this tube goes in the boot then how do I hear the sound. Shouldnt some part be coming out in the car like a regular woofer

Yes a preamped bass tube will have it's own internal amplifier and will be easier to set up. However it will be better to go for seperate sub/bass tube and amplifier.

Also, you don't need to have any part sticking out. Low frequency waves can easily travel through the seats atleast.

Also, what you had earlier was a free air/ infinite baffle setup. It is very inefficient and a waste of power. Since you have a camry, you can easily give up 1~1.5 cuft of space and get a sub installed in a box. Also, get a mono amplifier for your sub and you are all set to go.
If you really want to save space, get the premier series subs from pioneer. They require as little as 0.7 cuft boxes ( sealed ) or the shallow series from pioneer ( again, very small enclosures required )

There are many active bass tubes also available in the market, but you should seriously consider getting a sub and an amp. Try your local car shops for the models available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by firingonallfour (Post 560713)
navin : Thanks for the series numbers. Is Milan Subway a good place to start for these ? Also you mentioned box. The last sub I had was a Pioneer sitting right between the two rear speakers. Is there a real difference between the boxed sub and the open one ? My wife hates it if I put any permanent fixures in the boot. A velcroed tube can be convinced.

I only have expereince with Bhavi Motors at Milan (2 of my friends had their systems installed there) but this was for very basic HU+4 speaker systems.

You can make a removable box with a "Speakon" connector.

Thanks Mugen_power and Navin I will check both these places.

I think I much closer to making a decision and buying something, thanks to all you guys

I like something like this. Its called CS1204T 12 inc Ported. Will this be preamped or will I need to get a amp anyway ?

I am not ruling out a box + amp either. I think at this stage it will all depend on how it sounds. So next move would be to go to a place where I can listen to these things.

FYI, tubes boom more than boxes.

this is CS1204T 12" ported bass tube from JBL having an MRP of app 6500/- As navin pointed, this would be boomy than a sub in sealed box.

This is not an active tube, you need an amp to power this. I'm using this in my set up and am happy!

For auditioning, mumbai fellas can help or you can PM SAM!

Thank you guys

One last question. Can someone give me a model number for a preamped tube ?

Hey,

This looks cool if its affordable and available here - you could PM Sam Kapasi for more.

JBL India's site does not list any pre-amped bass-tube. However, it does encourage you to contact them if what you are looking for is not listed. Why don't you do just that and check out fxaudio with a dot and a com.

rev_hard