Team-BHP - Subwoofer for NHC Vtec
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Subwoofer for NHC Vtec (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/28775-subwoofer-nhc-vtec.html)

Need to install a SubWoofer
Already have alphine 2 DIN palyer with 4 Speakers
Suggest me a Amp and Subwoofer and setup
Mono Amp is enough? correct

aks....better idea would be to go in for a 4 channel amp + a monobloc. If you go in only for a sub + amp setup, be sure that the bass would overshadow your speakers and you would end up being in bass machine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aks_karthik (Post 562817)
Need to install a SubWoofer
Already have alphine 2 DIN palyer with 4 Speakers
Suggest me a Amp and Subwoofer and setup
Mono Amp is enough? correct

Hi Karthik!

If you have the stock 4 speakers, it is never a good idea to add an amplifier, since they would not be able to do any justice to the amplifier.

As fas as I see, you have 2 options:

1. Two-stage upgrade: If you just want the boom, go ahead and leave the stock speakers running off the HU, add a monoblock + sub, keep the sub level low and enjoy the music for now. You can add a fresh set of front components + rear components/co-axials and buy a 4-channel amplifier for them.

2. If you want to upgrade your ICE in one shot and you're concerned about SQ, get a pair of components for the front, add a 4-channel amplifier and a sub. Drive the components and the sub with the amplifier.

You need to tell us the most important part, your budget :)

I am also looking for a Sub and Mono
Tell me the best suited Sub and Mono

Thanx,
Karthik

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 562968)
Hi Karthik!

If you have the stock 4 speakers, it is never a good idea to add an amplifier, since they would not be able to do any justice to the amplifier.

As fas as I see, you have 2 options:

1. Two-stage upgrade: If you just want the boom, go ahead and leave the stock speakers running off the HU, add a monoblock + sub, keep the sub level low and enjoy the music for now. You can add a fresh set of front components + rear components/co-axials and buy a 4-channel amplifier for them.

2. If you want to upgrade your ICE in one shot and you're concerned about SQ, get a pair of components for the front, add a 4-channel amplifier and a sub. Drive the components and the sub with the amplifier.

You need to tell us the most important part, your budget :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aks_karthik (Post 562973)
I am also looking for a Sub and Mono
Tell me the best suited Sub and Mono

Thanx,
Karthik

For 15k, I can think of JBL GT4-12 in custom enclosure + CS300.1.

You'll need another 2-2.5k for wiring and installation. Negotiation and discounts should land you close to your budget.

GT 4-12 with box 6.5K
CS 300.1 10K
good wires (not BOSS) and install: 2K
with a discount you migth be able to get the whole thing at 15-16K.

In this case, you'll be running 4 speakers through HU and then you'll be adding just an AMP + SUB?

If so, bass would overpower the speakers to a great extent, you'll hear only bass.

is it possible to have a same setup
and 4 Channel Amp is included newly and run those 4 existing Speakers from the Amp and newly added Sub.

Thanx

I doubt your stock speakers would be that good to handle the amplified signals properly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 566518)
I doubt your stock speakers would be that good to handle the amplified signals properly.

No problem in trying out, right? At least the amp will show up the deficiencies in the stock speakers. If not, balle balle! IMHO most times stock speakers are junked without being objectively tried out, only because "everyone said so".

If the speakers do not measure up to the desired performance, one can always replace them afterwards. And know the difference genuinely.