Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 20:57   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
There are some here who believe "a watt is a watt" but go out and replace their amplifiers with amplifiers putting out the similar numbers but costing twice, thrice as much.
naughty! naughty!
Old 17th September 2007, 21:13   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Some thing related to AMP comparison

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...challenge.html

Just my 2 cents.
LBM, We closed that debate didn't we.

Fact 1: Bob Carver was able to make his $500 amp sound like a $5000 or $12,000 amp for a given period.

Fact 2: Richard Clark's conditions were just as limited as the conditions Bob worked in.

Fact 3: 2 Amps that measure the same can sound different.
Old 17th September 2007, 22:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thats one c l a s s y looking headunit . I am in love with its design !
(I have no idea about the sound part)

Last edited by maxbhp : 17th September 2007 at 22:37.
Old 17th September 2007, 22:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Yea, it's really nice - got that sleek, classy & sophisticated look!
Kinda reminds of some home theatre receiver units!

@gunbir: if you don't mind, how much does this cost? And how does it compare in terms of performance to some of the popular HU's like the Pio's and the Alpines?

Last edited by razor4077 : 17th September 2007 at 22:45.
Old 17th September 2007, 23:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, while you are correct fundamentally, it isn't all that simple...

There are some here who believe "a watt is a watt" but go out and replace their amplifiers with amplifiers putting out the similar numbers but costing twice, thrice as much.

Those who want to learn what difference an amplifier has on the sound of a speaker, bring any 75x4 amp to us and we will do an A/B comparison for you.

Hear... and you shall believe.

Hehe i agree to what you are saying... the more money you spend the better that watt gets. A 300$ 50 watt NAD would obviously not sound as good as say a 5000$ 50 watt mark levinson or musical fidelity. However when I spending ten times the cost of a normal amp, I'd expect it to have a flatter, less colored response than the amp thats getting replaced. If what sk456 says is to be believed, the amp seems to be coloring the sound... which is definitely not what one would expect out of a more expensive amp.

Disclaimer: I've not heard any of the amps being talked about here... so take what i say with a pinch of salt .
Old 18th September 2007, 00:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Hehe i agree to what you are saying... the more money you spend the better that watt gets. A 300$ 50 watt NAD would obviously not sound as good as say a 5000$ 50 watt mark levinson or musical fidelity. However when I spending ten times the cost of a normal amp, I'd expect it to have a flatter, less colored response than the amp thats getting replaced. If what sk456 says is to be believed, the amp seems to be coloring the sound... which is definitely not what one would expect out of a more expensive amp.

Disclaimer: I've not heard any of the amps being talked about here... so take what i say with a pinch of salt .
The most practical answer we can expect the more the good the amp less the coloration it will make to the sound and give better response. But what SK is expecting I don't know may be he is taught in that way. Incomplete knowledge is always bad.
Old 18th September 2007, 01:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If what sk456 says is to be believed, the amp seems to be coloring the sound... which is definitely not what one would expect out of a more expensive amp.
"coloured sound" ???

Who's to say what SK described is 'colored' sound? If just by replacing the amplifier in a system, you achieve a higher and wider soundstage, far more detail, better dynamics, coherent imaging and much more... from the same source, same cabling and same speakers as earlier, can that be termed as so called "colored" sound.

And I challenge you to listen to an "uncolored" system (like a studio monitor setup) on a regular basis. I have... and I would rather live with a so called "coloured" system than an analytical, sterile sounding system.
Old 18th September 2007, 01:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But what SK is expecting I don't know may be he is taught in that way.
Huh??? taught? That's offensive in so many ways... SK is a music lover, he isnt into this hobby for the sake of having the loudest system around, Mr. low_bass_makker... He has been to more competitions, demoed more serious SQ installs and heard more exotic equipment first hand, than you have. Unlike your above statement, this isn't a personal attack. This is a fact!

Your posts in this thread have negative undertones right from the beginning. Can you please be a little "uncolored" and be a bit "transparent" about your true feelings here...

Quote:
Incomplete knowledge is always bad.
Oh, thats so true...

Last edited by gunbir : 18th September 2007 at 01:16.
Old 18th September 2007, 01:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"coloured sound" ???

Who's to say what SK described is 'colored' sound? If just by replacing the amplifier in a system, you achieve a higher and wider soundstage, far more detail, better dynamics, coherent imaging and much more... from the same source, same cabling and same speakers as earlier, can that be termed as so called "colored" sound.
If any amp can do that, agreed its a better amp that what existed before

Quote:
And I challenge you to listen to an "uncolored" system (like a studio monitor setup) on a regular basis. I have... and I would rather live with a so called "coloured" system than an analytical, sterile sounding system.
I'm no fan of cold, clinical sounding systems either. Infact I hate them and prefer a system which has emotion and sparkle. Sorry if you got my post wrongly... all I was basing my assumption was this statement which probably sk456 didnt frame properly or maybe meant something else.

Quote:
althpug the tru's are a different matter altgheter,( am itching to hear them with trus ),they give any speakrs a different signature..the TRU signature..althpug the tru's are a different matter altgheter,( am itching to hear them with trus ),they give any speakrs a different signature..the TRU signature..
In my little journey of audio systems, of the little I've learnt about audio, this statement felt completely out of place as to what an amp should be doing. Thats the only reason I got a little bothered. Please don't take offence on that. Anyway I'd be in delhi next month and would be delighted if I could get an audition of the system .

Last edited by reignofchaos : 18th September 2007 at 01:21.
Old 18th September 2007, 01:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If any amp can do that, agreed its a better amp that what existed before

I'm no fan of cold, clinical sounding systems either. Infact I hate them and prefer a system which has emotion and sparkle. Sorry if you got my post wrongly... all I was basing my assumption was this statement which probably sk456 didnt frame properly or maybe meant something else.

In my little journey of audio systems, of the little I've learnt about audio, this statement felt completely out of place as to what an amp should be doing. Thats the only reason I got a little bothered. Please don't take offence on that. Anyway I'd be in delhi next month and would be delighted if I could get an audition of the system.
Hey, none taken man... Ohhh yes, emotion and sparkle... Would love to see you in Delhi...
Old 18th September 2007, 02:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats SK...everything looks good ,specially the HU.
Waiting for more pics gunnu sir.

Quote:
Incomplete knowledge is always bad.
Quote:
Oh, thats so true...
Old 18th September 2007, 02:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

More updates...

Midrange with custom spacer

Back of the rear seat

Distribution Blocks

Ring Terminal

Fuseholder

Billet amps installed

Kickbass going in

To be continued...
Old 18th September 2007, 08:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

You guys have sure gone to town with that door That's the AZ-Audiocomp foam lined inside (over the inner "coat" of damping), right?
Old 18th September 2007, 10:16   #44
Team-BHP Support

Gunbir you really do produce some beautiful photo essays. These essays (I have lost count but they should be more than 10) deserve their own website. Why not blog it?

Since it will be commercial we wont be able to advertise it here on TBHP but I would love to see these essays repreatedly.

With ref to SK's install, I'd like to see how you reinforced the tweeter install. The only pic I remember showed the tweeter installer on a rather flimsy plastic panel.

With ref to amplifiers. I'd like to treat that topic as closed. I dont know enough to pass judgement. The man I usually turn to when I need such info is Mr. Pass himself. All I can say is that in my expereince I have heard 2 amplifiers that measured pretty much the same but sounded very very different, I have had the same amplifer give me goosbumps in one system and sound so "ho-hum" in another, and I have heard amplifers and speakers that are definitely coloured but have soul; foot tapping, booty shaking soul.
Old 18th September 2007, 10:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Head Unit: Kenwood K-CD01
$755
Quote:
Front Stage: Rainbow Profi Vanadium Kick 3 Way set
$978.99
Quote:
Sub: Image Dynamics iDQ10v2 D2 10" sub (no change here)
159$
Quote:
Front Stage Amp: Tru Technology Billet B-475 4Ch amp
1090$
Quote:
Sub Amp: Tru Technology Billet B-2110 2Ch Amp
1090$

Total comes to 755.00+978.00+159.00+1090.00+1090.00 =4072$

Thats some serious set you got there!!!!!

PS: Please dont jump on me if the prices are wrong , Its Googie uncle who gave me theses informations and he is a very very knowledgable person according to many .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks