Team-BHP - how to get more bass in my aveo??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   how to get more bass in my aveo?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/28901-how-get-more-bass-my-aveo.html)

i recently booked an aveo ls...
it comes with a kenwood mp3 player(i think the 4029)...4 speakers nd two tweeters

what can i do in order to get more bass?
i dnt want to change the system..just want to add to it!

max budget-10k

plz help me out...

Get a decent 2-channel amplifier, say 60.2 for 4-4.5k, put a GT4-12+Custom sealed enclosure for 6-6.5k, bargain with or strangle the dealer for 1k discount, use the credit card that you swore you never would for 2k and get the wiring and install covered. Total cost should be about 13k. :)

thnx for the advice...
ne othr suggestions?

nd wat abt a bass tube?
i guess some of thm come with a built in amp...is it advisable to have a bass tube with a built in amp in place of a sub+custom box+2 channel amp??

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 566197)
Get a decent 2-channel amplifier, say 60.2 for 4-4.5k, put a GT4-12+Custom sealed enclosure for 6-6.5k, bargain with or strangle the dealer for 1k discount, use the credit card that you swore you never would for 2k and get the wiring and install covered. Total cost should be about 13k. :)

bhai mere, again a fundamental mistake....2 channel + sub/tube will result only in low frequencies, how about sound? Awaaz nahin aayegi, unless speakers get due amplification which is not possible to get from stock combination.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 566450)
bhai mere, again a fundamental mistake....2 channel + sub/tube will result only in low frequencies, how about sound? Awaaz nahin aayegi, unless speakers get due amplification which is not possible to get from stock combination.

so u mean in order to get more bass..i need to change all the speakers nd buy better ones thn add an amp nd a sub/tube???
aisa koi jugad nai hai jisse everything(volume..quality etc) remains the same nd only the bass increases??

nd wat if i dnt use a sub/tube...only buy an amp nd connect it to the speakers..nd use an equaliser to get more bass???
will this wrk?...will thr be ne negetive effect on my speakers by doing this?

if only bass (and practically no voice/mids/music etc) is needed go in for amp+sub/tube combo ONLY. I suggest you listen to this first before you buy.

If need proper sound:

1. go in for a decent 4 channel amp, replace your stock speakers with comps in the front and 6X9 in the rear.

2. when pocket allows, add a mono + sub/tube.

If you don't wanna upset the present setup, you can go in for an active sub. Since it comes with a built in amp, it'l save time, money and space.

We've got an 8" Soomoku (hope i spelt it right) active sub in our Innova. It's prob an entry level system but it does the job pretty well. With a little tuning you can get a very soothing low frequency output from it. I think it costs around 5-5.5K if i rem right.

I'm sure there a many more sub-10K active subs in the market.

Shan2nu

sidomania I had a bit similar problem sometime before, got to my senses after the
panky bhai did a bit of counselling ... lol:

but now its really clear to me, SQ is what I want (obviously apne budget wali .. :))

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidomania (Post 566139)
what can i do in order to get more bass?
i dnt want to change the system..just want to add to it!
max budget-10k
plz help me out...

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 566450)

Panky bhai, I suggested looking at the requirement in bold above. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidomania (Post 566237)
nd wat abt a bass tube?
i guess some of thm come with a built in amp...is it advisable to have a bass tube with a built in amp in place of a sub+custom box+2 channel amp??

Bass tubes are also VFM and preferred by many. But active tubes (with built-in amplifiers) are not preferable to amp+passive sub. You may consider a 2-channel amplifier and a bass tube like JBLGTO1204T which is a much better choice and fits your budget.

ok so i think i will go in for either a 2 channel amp nd a bass tube or i will buy an active sub...
which one is a better choice?
nd will the sub give gud tight bass?
nd will this result in only low frequencies?..i dnt wanna compromise on music quality..
which one will be a better option keeping this in mind...

nd also plz suggest tht wat will be the effect of connecting a 4 channel amp with the stock speakers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 (Post 566893)
sidomania I had a bit similar problem sometime before, got to my senses after the
panky bhai did a bit of counselling ... lol:

but now its really clear to me, SQ is what I want (obviously apne budget wali .. :))

so wat did u settle 4 in the end?

in the end.. LP lol:

BtW the end has not come as yet, going to Delhi on 19th, will decide what to buy according to my very tight budget yar, till now thought of everything - a decent amp + comp + sub, I really don't know how would I get it though

you refer to this thread if you want http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post562775

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidomania (Post 567236)
ok so i think i will go in for either a 2 channel amp nd a bass tube or i will buy an active sub...
which one is a better choice?
nd will the sub give gud tight bass?
nd will this result in only low frequencies?..i dnt wanna compromise on music quality..
which one will be a better option keeping this in mind...

nd also plz suggest tht wat will be the effect of connecting a 4 channel amp with the stock speakers?

Amplifier + Sub is a better choice.

If you want good tight bass, go for a sealed enclosure.

Yes, subwoofers are designed to produce only low frequencies. SQ will be hampered if you keep the sub level at moderate to high, since bass will start to dominate. That is why a pair of components is preferrend along with this.

Either of them will have the same effect on your setup, it is just that active will not be a good choice.

The stock speakers may not able to take the load and may rattle, forcing you to keep the sub level low and the volume in the HU high. You'll have to set the HPF and gains at moderate to low levels.

so its useless to go with either bass tube..sub+amp or an active sub..

wat if i connect all the 4 speakers to a 4 channel amp??
will it help?
or will it damage the speakers?