Team-BHP - The Real Cost of Good ICE !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   The Real Cost of Good ICE !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/28968-real-cost-good-ice.html)

We keep stretching our budgets a bit more to get the best possible ICE. Once the setup is done we believe that it is the end to the spending, But we cannot be more wrong. This is what I observed after getting the new setup in my Ikon.

"Ahh the road to office has a 100mt bad patch, why don't I take another route its just 3kms extra" (all for the sake of hearing the amazing sound for few extra minutes.Add fuel Cost to the ICE budget)

"Its been already a week since our last weekend trip, lets go for another one".:)

" Oh come on you don't want to buy this, I know an amazing place just 15kms from here where you will get a better deal" ( The cost of fuel burned is more than the total cost of the item.)

"Lets go and have tea in devas "(a town 30kms from my city.)

"Oh you dont feel like cooking, Wonderful !!!! I know a place at the city outskirts which serves amazing biryani"

and finally....

"I just feel like listening to some good music, I ought to go for a spin".

I think if I add all these costs it will come to more than the cost of ICE in my car:)

Do post what are your innovative reasons to get a little bit more time in your ICEed heaven.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshat (Post 567731)
We keep stretching our budgets a bit more to get the best possible ICE.
"I just feel like listening to some good music, I ought to go for a spin"..

sometimes to get away from the phone calls et. al. I leave me cell phone at home and my son and I go down to the car to listen.

Probably in Bangalore, people spend more time in cars than at home, listening to music or whatever...few hours on the road daily, helps if you have a nice ICE setup to get over the traffic jams :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshat (Post 567731)

Do post what are your innovative reasons to get a little bit more time in your ICEed heaven.

I really don't need a lot of reasons :)

I don't have a home audio setup. And for some funny reason (maybe I should see a shrink about this) I somehow don't enjoy listening to music at home/office (both are kind of the same thing for me). I don't get to listen much at home/office anyway. I need to get out to really enjoy my music.

Also :
1. The Demo hours & the tuning hours - during which the engine runs
2. The renewed CD buying spree
3. The further upgrade itch :)

Sky is the limit...........

On each working day I spend at least 4 to 5 hours in the car. I can't ask for more.

Blueraven is right Sky is the limit

i travel everyday 70 km so i spend 3 to 4 hrs in my car... Can't imagine without music

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 567821)
helps if you have a nice ICE setup to get over the traffic jams :)

more than 100% TRUE!!!! my wife accepts that my road rage almost reduced to null after i started getting more music into the car in small phases.

now with my newfound love, i think i can even take the daily Andheri-Kurla Road-Ghatkopar-Asalpha-Chembur route :) at 7 PM

on sunday,... i completed installing the 9835 that i got from viper and last evening i shopped like no end for CDs!! I've never done such a thing since college-times

the money is worth the joy of ICE.

We're usually a bunch of 6 guys and 2 cars, I generally ask the person(s) sitting in my car not to talk when I'm listening to music. (I'm serious and I know I am very mean there). I keep the talking, ranting business to the destination. If I'm in a very good mood to listen to the music and don't want anyone interfering, I tend to put all the other 5 in the second car :D

The real cost happens when you have a good woman who likes driving, her car and loves good ICE too.

"Sameer, what is this new gadget in your car, why is it not in mine?"
"Why are there 3 amplifiers in your car and only two in mine"

"Why does my 12" subwoofer not sound as deep and bassy as your car?"

Baap re.:Frustrati

even i travel almost 50kms in a day during weekdays,spend about 3-4hrs,and now to my entertainment ive added a new gadget thats the Pioneer In-dash dvd receiver,awesome works great hearing and seeing some good Englisss videos and sometime in traffic jam the autowalls also see it... but from outside :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 568424)

Reminds me of the 'Why oh why do we have girlfriends" thread of yours.
:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 568424)
The real cost happens when you have a good woman who likes driving, her car and loves good ICE too.

"Why does my 12" subwoofer not sound as deep and bassy as your car?"

Baap re.:Frustrati

In such cases would it not be cheaper and more convenient to exchange cars? :)

I couldnt agree more with people from Bangalore...we spend most of our waking day on the roads, stuck in traffic jams, crawling through serpentine traffic q's..makes sense to have a good ice.