Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 11:48   #1
BHPian

Peculiar Problem of Fiat Palio/Petra HU Console

I have a peculiar problem in my Car Fiat Petra.
Though Its not directly related to ICE, but somehow its stopping me to change my HU.
when I bought this car, I got a factory fitted music System(Cassete Player from Nippon + 4 Speakers + 2 Tweeters).
Problem is that HU console( or Panel, I dont know what its called). is oval shaped. because of this I can't fit any good rectangular HU in that space.

Picture of my Car's present HeadUnit/Console

I am looking out for something like this

Tried to get this console changed in almost all service stations of Fiat/Tatas but none of them have this part in stock.
Asking Palio/Petra owners to help me or ICE gurus for suggestion on how to fix a rectangular HU in that console . Any places in bangalore, where I can get it done.
Thanks in Advance
GD
Old 19th September 2007, 12:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

you can get another HU in that place. Have seen a lot of HU replacements
Old 19th September 2007, 13:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
you can get another HU in that place. Have seen a lot of HU replacements
JK see carefully, the console design in Pic 1 and Pic 2 are not same. Thats precisely what is his concern.

May be you would like to cut off that round OEM irritating structure and fit an aftermarket HU. This should work.
Old 19th September 2007, 13:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

First, Don't cut off and don't alter!!! This should be available here in the local dealership. If not I'll place an order for you through my dealer. He had ordered one for another Petra. In return give me the original HU please . Deal?
Old 19th September 2007, 13:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

I am sure the oval can be shaved to a rectangle by the right person, no sweat.
Old 19th September 2007, 13:29   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I am sure the oval can be shaved to a rectangle by the right person, no sweat.
Don't do that either. It looks bad.
Old 19th September 2007, 14:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
First, Don't cut off and don't alter!!! This should be available here in the local dealership. If not I'll place an order for you through my dealer. He had ordered one for another Petra. In return give me the original HU please . Deal?
I have no problem with the deal. Please ask him the cost. I will pay for it. Actually I am very happy with the my existing nippon cassete player and was planning to put it my M800. I have more than 100 cassettes (very old songs which I dont want to part with). But if you require only this for some special reason, I can manage buying another one for my M800.

Will fit Alpine or clarion(with USB )in my petra if I get the rectangular console.

Thanks for the help Moral.

cheers.
Old 19th September 2007, 15:35   #8
Team-BHP Support

I just checked with the dealer and placed an order. Thanks for the pic, they have 12 different face plates as a combination of different trims from the Palio, Petra, Siena, Adventure, Siena Weekend with colour options as black, wood, silver, grey, with curved edges, different clocks, rounded front, boxed front. Had a tough time explaining the required part. He is placing an order and it should take some time to be here .
Old 19th September 2007, 18:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Though Its not directly related to ICE, but somehow its stopping me to change my HU.
when I bought this car, I got a factory fitted music System(Cassete Player from Nippon + 4 Speakers + 2 Tweeters).
Problem is that HU console( or Panel, I dont know what its called). is oval shaped. because of this I can't fit any good rectangular HU in that space.

Tried to get this console changed in almost all service stations of Fiat/Tatas but none of them have this part in stock.
Asking Palio/Petra owners to help me or ICE gurus for suggestion on how to fix a rectangular HU in that console . Any places in bangalore, where I can get it done.
Thanks in Advance
GD
I got mine , you just have to order them directly and the best part is guess the price I paid for it ?

98 bucks , Thats so un-Fiat ! right / anyway just assure them that you will take delivery of it after placing an order for the same . Over at my place it took a while for them to deliver thats all.
Old 19th September 2007, 18:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

max, your new console doesn't have slot for the clock in the top right corner. Does your car have a clock?
Old 19th September 2007, 19:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
max, your new console doesn't have slot for the clock in the top right corner. Does your car have a clock?
The old one' clock has its IC integrated into the headunit , so basically if the headunit is out , so is the clock in addition to that the system am using has a clock.
Old 20th September 2007, 08:25   #12
BHPian

hi.

moral fiber has placed an order with us and we have orderded the bracket esp. for you . as soon as the bracket is available moral fiber will get it !
and u can fit any head unit as long as its not double din standard!
and dont cut the original one .
take care!

Quote:

Thanks in Advance
GD
Old 20th September 2007, 08:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOSAM View Post
moral fiber has placed an order with us and we have orderded the bracket esp. for you . as soon as the bracket is available moral fiber will get it !
and u can fit any head unit as long as its not double din standard!
and dont cut the original one .
take care!
Thanks Sameer,
Actually I was initially thinking of pm'ing you but then thought that you are a regular visiting member here on tBHP, so you may help me after reading this thread and I may get other's Petra/Palio owners advise also. I am grateful to Moral who has been so kind in placing an order.

Do let me know by pm or calling me on 9341074654 once the part arrives.

cheers.
GD
Old 11th October 2007, 16:09   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sameer,

Do let me know by pm or calling me on 9341074654 once the part arrives.

cheers.
GD
TurboSam/Moral,
Any updates? Its almost a month now
Old 29th October 2007, 14:43   #15
BHPian

Thanks to Moralfibre, I got the trim plate today.

Mods if needed, please close this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks