Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 14:20   #1
BHPian

ICE upgrade for Fiesta

Hello people,

After so much of research in this section of the forum, i have short listed the following items for my Fiesta.

JBL GTO 507 or 607
JBL 60.4 or Pioneer GM-6300F
Pioneer 5950

The stock setup is a Blau HU (Cassette player, can't remember the model #) and 2 sets of Bolt speakers (never heard this before). The SQ of this setup is reasonably ok, it generates good bass but not very clear and there is lot of jarring when i play bass heavy music. I use a Cassette adapter to play from my iPOD. In the car, i listen to lot of Techno, Hip-Hop Jazz & Blues. I also use the radio (91.9) extensively.

I intend to retain the rear stock speakers for now and if required I'll upgrade it later. No plans of going for a sub anytime soon.

With that said, Couple of questions to you folks
  • Will there be a loss in quality by playing the iPOD using an adapter as opposed to an auxiliary cable?
  • Will it be cheaper to procure the above items from Malaysia, if so how much, few of my friends are traveling there today for couple of days and I can ask them to buy for me if it really make sense.
  • When i asked an installer about jarring he said it's because of the inadequate power output from the HU, is he right?
  • Any comments about the upgrade plans/choices
Needless to say that i found this forum more than useful and thanks much for all the advices. This is my first real post here and i hope i didn't make any of the rookie mistakes
Old 28th September 2007, 22:30   #2
BHPian

i was really looking for some advice on this, not sure why no one bothered to reply. . was something wrong with my post?

Anyway, i got my ICE upgraded last weekend, i went with Pio 5950 HU and GTO 507. I retained the rear speakers which is the LA 57.2. My first impression after the installation was wow, it sounded much better and i realized how awful my old setup was. I paid around 5.5 k for the HU (grey), 5k for the components and ~1k for the iPOD interface cable.

After a week of listening i'm thinking of adding an amp, the dealer suggested JBL 4060, i'll have to do some research here.
Old 28th September 2007, 23:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

@nemo, I think most people followed this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ce-fiesta.html . I actually was wondering where all the replies went, when I started reading this thread.

So lack of replies had nothing to do with the way you posted. Your post was very clear and you asked good, specific questions.

The equipment you've bought is good. And it is good that you didn't try and get everything done with the first budget.

The JBL 4060 amp is a pretty good amp, very VFM. I think it is about 10K and it puts out good power. Looks good too.

Maybe you should think of a sub with the amp (Best to power something other than the stock rears with the rear channels of the amp). Leave the rears stock and run them off the HU.
Old 1st October 2007, 12:09   #4
BHPian

Thanks @hydrashok,

ya, I'm thinkin of a subwoofer too now

I heard about JBL GT5 series coming. Is this going to replace any of the existing series? The dealer said he would start stocking this soon but would sell only after clearing his current inventory.

OT: My car is on a roll , it got brand new alloys yesterday.
Old 1st October 2007, 17:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yep. The GT5-12 (in the GT5 series) is a new sub. It replaced the JBL GT4-12 (in the GT-4 series). The GT5 series will probably have a 10" sub too. More on the GT5-12 here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...204br-sub.html
(from post #15).

Ahhhh... congrats on the alloys! There's a show-off-your alloys thread someplace here. Do put up pics!
Old 25th August 2008, 22:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post

Anyway, i got my ICE upgraded last weekend, i went with Pio 5950 HU and GTO 507 compos. I retained the rear speakers which is the Bolt LA 57.2.
I'm thinking of adding a Sub; what kind of amp will suit the above setup? I'm not planning to add a sub anytime soon. My dealer suggested a JBL 604 (?!?), his quote was about 7.5k. He said i don't need the 100.4 as i don't have plans of a SW.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks