Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2007, 17:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Ahh! But you are forgetting the fact that we have some fine specimens on this forum. Example:

come on yaar gunman!!

if LBM or for that matter anyone posts something off curosity or wants to share his views, it doesnt always mean that he's fighting or making himself superior or more knowledgeable, its just the way how you take it.

being an audio forum, it's perfectly fine for anyone to present his opinion.

no offences meant here....i hope you understand!
Old 20th September 2007, 18:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
being an audio forum, it's perfectly fine for anyone to present his opinion.
What did I do? Navinji asked a question, I gave him the answer. In my opinion, it's as simple as that.

Now that "it's perfectly fine for anyone to present his opinion" whats the problem here. Oh ok... Now I get it. You are just expressing your opinion. Chalo aao, hum sab opinion-opinion khele.

Last edited by gunbir : 20th September 2007 at 18:16.
Old 20th September 2007, 18:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What did I do? Navinji asked a question, I gave him the answer. In my opinion, it's as simple as that.

Now that "it's perfectly fine for anyone to present his opinion" whats the problem here. Oh ok... Now I get it. You are just expressing your opinion. Chalo aao, hum sab opinion-opinion khele.
you are too much phunny!!

opinion bole to yaar opinion about technical details only!
Old 21st September 2007, 09:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ahh! But you are forgetting the fact that we have some fine specimens on this forum. Example:
Is that your best excuse?

I'm treating this topic as closed unless you want to argue about how 1.087 db more power makes a difference.

I accepted JB's argument about IB vs sealed as IB installs are generall much more efficeint than typical small sealed boxes. In this case the ID woofer would be more more efficient in an IB compared to a 1 cu. ft. sealed box. I would assume the difference would be 6-10db which is very noticeable.

Last edited by navin : 21st September 2007 at 09:31.
Old 21st September 2007, 09:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Is that your best excuse?
Why would we need an excuse to state the correct output of a product, ours or otherwise. JB never said 170w was louder than 150w, he simply stated the correct number. Thats JB.
Old 21st September 2007, 09:45   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Why would we need an excuse to state the correct output of a product, ours or otherwise. JB never said 170w was louder than 150w, he simply stated the correct number. Thats JB.
Oh ok. I thought JB was trying to say that 170W will make a difference. If he has said "hey Navin the correct power is 170W" we would not have needed to go through all this.
Old 21st September 2007, 11:09   #22
BHPian

Practically nothing makes the difference neither 20W difference nor 0.333333333333333333 variation in impedance.

Over the period of time I have seen that arguement is picked on this forum by pinpointing little little variations in specifications and comparing figures listed on web / catalogs for which explainations and counter arguements fills numerous pages diverting from the orginal question of thread starter.

For Flying bong's ears to notice loudness he needs 130X2 for speakers and 340 Watts for subwoofer over Audison SRx 2 combo. Now does that reason is practical enough for him to upgrade the amplifier. I believe no, because he is looking for smooth / sweet sounding amplifier for his system. It does not matter whether it is 50W or 75W. Thats why he was discussing Butler Audio amplifiers.

You don't buy the car purely on the basis of figures like HP, 0-60 timings. If that would have been the case everyone would have been driving stripped down drag spec cars. Similarly while choosing an amplifier for some people power is secondary its the tonality and transparency of the amplifier which matters.

Last edited by Autophile : 21st September 2007 at 11:15.
Old 21st September 2007, 12:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
I believe no, because he is looking for smooth / sweet sounding amplifier for his system. It does not matter whether it is 50W or 75W. Thats why he was discussing Butler Audio amplifiers.
Bang on, JB..

I would like to nevertheless thank all who have responded with suggestions on the optimal power requirements for my setup, I will certainly consider the same.

To summarize the feedback received on Butler amps on this thread so far, the consensus seems to be that they do provide a smooth, liquid sound but may be considered expensive for what one gets.

Does anyone have any other opinions/feedback? Anyone want to suggest alternative options (warm, smooth, lush sound, doesnt necessarily need to have tubes - I understand and accept that individual perceptions of "warmth","smoothness' etc are subjective*)?

*dont mean to offend anyone by using this word...
Old 21st September 2007, 13:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
Does anyone have any other opinions/feedback? Anyone want to suggest alternative options (warm, smooth, lush sound, doesnt necessarily need to have tubes - I understand and accept that individual perceptions of "warmth","smoothness' etc are subjective*)?

I am using STEG in that case. They are quite nice sounding and smooth amps.

Since you are delhi based I can arrange you the demo of the same if you are interested
G.T. Trading

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 21st September 2007 at 13:20.
Old 21st September 2007, 13:39   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Over the period of time I have seen that arguement is picked on this forum by pinpointing little little variations in specifications and comparing figures listed on web / catalogs for which explainations and counter arguements fills numerous pages diverting from the orginal question of thread starter..

I really really wish that atleast the senior members (newbies might not know better) dont add to this sort of clutter.

for example: 200W is only 3db louder than 100W provided the Xmax of the speaker has not been reached, and I'd like to ask how many of you can really tell the difference between a component with a S/N of 90db and one of 95 or even 100db in a moving car in traffic.
Old 21st September 2007, 13:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd like to ask how many of you can really tell the difference between a component with a S/N of 90db and one of 95 or even 100db in a moving car in traffic.
It is a very tricky question Navin Ji
Old 21st September 2007, 16:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:

for example: 200W is only 3db louder than 100W provided the Xmax of the speaker has not been reached, and I'd like to ask how many of you can really tell the difference between a component with a S/N of 90db and one of 95 or even 100db in a moving car in traffic.
Very few. But then they know what they want.
Old 21st September 2007, 18:36   #28
BHPian

It is true fun when gurus come to the party! Psychedelic :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks