Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 15:56   #1
BHPian

Butler Audio - anyone auditioned this?

Hi, had come across the following several months ago while researching the web on home audio/ ICE:

Butler Audio

Most of the online reviews that I have read, have also emphasised the warm,rich sound that these amplifiers produce...

Was wondering if anyone on TBHP owns/has owned/has auditioned these? It would be great to get feedback/impressions....
Old 19th September 2007, 19:29   #2
BHPian

yes i have heard them abroad at a SQ sound off . Even though I donot remebr the system config. But the disticnt tube sound signature was amazing...
Old 19th September 2007, 23:14   #3
BHPian

Thanks..by the way, congratulations on your new setup - looks great, and am sure, sounds even better..
Old 20th September 2007, 02:17   #4
BHPian

Butler Audio aka Tube Drivers are very nice hybrid amplifiers designed by Mr. B.K. Butler who has a lot of experience in designing professional amps and gears for renowned music artists.

The preamp section is Tube (not fully) but the power section is mosfet based.

The Tube drivers are good for mids and tweets but not that great for lower midbass and bass applications. They are not cheap amps and one can buy much better amplifiers for the same price. Surely one of the few strong contenders for true SQ application.
Old 20th September 2007, 07:48   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback Jasdeep!
I am looking for a warmer, 'tubey' sound without sacrificing detail, for my front stage - anything you would like to recommend for the same?
Old 20th September 2007, 10:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
Thanks for the feedback Jasdeep!
I am looking for a warmer, 'tubey' sound without sacrificing detail, for my front stage - anything you would like to recommend for the same?
Hmm you are going for a tube amp nice, but what front stage are you adding in the front and which subs to go with them. And lastly what is your budget ?
Old 20th September 2007, 10:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Hmm you are going for a tube amp nice, but what front stage are you adding in the front and which subs to go with them. And lastly what is your budget ?
Hi LBM:

Front stage already exists - Alpine SPX-177R

This is currently powered by a Audison SRX2

HU is Alpine CDA-9887

Am thinking of using the SRX2 for the sub when I get one (most probably IDQ) and get a new amp for the front stage.

Budget - not too much more than the prices of the components I am curently using, but guess that in this forum, that can always change
Old 20th September 2007, 10:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

I dont know why, but it seems that I've heard none of the "SQ Oriented" brand names like these till I joined this forum.

Not even much of the popular stores in North America/Middle East seem to carry these. Can someone enlighten? May be catering to a very niche market....huh?
Old 20th September 2007, 11:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I dont know why, but it seems that I've heard none of the "SQ Oriented" brand names like these till I joined this forum.

Not even much of the popular stores in North America/Middle East seem to carry these. Can someone enlighten? May be catering to a very niche market....huh?
Simply because they are mainstream stores and these are specialty products.
Old 20th September 2007, 11:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi LBM:

Front stage already exists - Alpine SPX-177R

This is currently powered by a Audison SRX2

HU is Alpine CDA-9887

Am thinking of using the SRX2 for the sub when I get one (most probably IDQ) and get a new amp for the front stage.

Budget - not too much more than the prices of the components I am curently using, but guess that in this forum, that can always change
the Srx2 is a very small amp for the component kit you are using and also quite less for the sub application also. I would suggest you to get a big amp...

As you are inquiring for tube amps I think your budget would be handsome one...
Old 20th September 2007, 15:58   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi, had come across the following several months ago while researching the web on home audio/ ICE:

Butler Audio

Most of the online reviews that I have read, have also emphasised the warm,rich sound that these amplifiers produce...

Was wondering if anyone on TBHP owns/has owned/has auditioned these? It would be great to get feedback/impressions....
I hard one amp with a 6SL7 (I have a fondness for octals) front end and SS output driving Focal Polyglass components. Nice liquid sound but very expensive. The SRX2 puts our abotu 150W in mono, it will drive the ID sub well but the ID deserves more.

Last edited by navin : 20th September 2007 at 16:01.
Old 20th September 2007, 16:13   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I hard one amp with a 6SL7 (I have a fondness for octals) front end and SS output driving Focal Polyglass components. Nice liquid sound but very expensive. The SRX2 puts our abotu 150W in mono, it will drive the ID sub well but the ID deserves more.
SRx 2 puts out 170W in bridged mode. And Flying bong will be installing the subwoofer in Infinite Baffle in which case IDQ will require less power.
Old 20th September 2007, 16:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That what exactly I was trying to say.
Old 20th September 2007, 16:18   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
SRx 2 puts out 170W in bridged mode. And Flying bong will be installing the subwoofer in Infinite Baffle in which case IDQ will require less power.
Come on JB, I expceted better from you. 150W = 170W in db terms.

However the IB install will be quite efficient. What gave me the impression it would be a small box? Sorry. It's is just that IDs have a good reputation in small boxes.
Old 20th September 2007, 16:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Come on JB, I expceted better from you. 150W = 170W in db terms.

However the IB install will be quite efficient. What gave me the impression it would be a small box? Sorry. It's is just that IDs have a good reputation in small boxes.
Ahh! But you are forgetting the fact that we have some fine specimens on this forum. Example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think if we wire 3 subs of 4 ohms svc then the final result will be 1.3333333333333( as the result will be going on we can round off it to 1.34)

But since you mentioned 1 ohms I though you missed the .3 some where.

I did not expected this from you my friend, anyways....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks