Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 12:34   #1
BHPian

Opinion needed: Bolt Amplifier

I was gifted the lightning audio bolt amplifier B2.300.4. I am currently running a Pioneer 7950, with DLS ovals at the back and DLS comps in the front. This set-up is in my beloved Swift VDi. No damping has been done for want of funds that can be diverted to that.

Any of you using the bold amps or have friends using the bold amps? May I request the big daddy's of this section of the forum to give me their opinion on the amp. I understand each person has their favourites and their opinions, all I ask for is a frank product review based, good or bad.

Thanks in advance,
Kartik
Old 24th September 2007, 12:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

It is a very average, budget amplifier. Not much against it, and even lesser for it.

Assuming you have bought the entry level DLS Classic series, this ought to be ok for them.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 24th September 2007 at 12:43.
Old 24th September 2007, 13:48   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

For free, it is a superb amplifier.
Old 24th September 2007, 14:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

For free, it is a superb amplifier.
HE HE! Yes it is.
Sells for a big MRP in India, sound is not so big, but for free, nothing like it.
Old 24th September 2007, 14:26   #5
BHPian

@sam and blueraven, that's what I was thinking too. After all it does come free. When you consider the fact that my ride is a sweet little Swift, do I really need BIG sound? Also, most of my music is in the lounge, jazz and rock range with some pop thrown in, so would I be wrong in believing that it should do the job? The speakers+comps already give me more bass than I can handle, enough to cause vibrations highlighting the need for damping. The highs are clear and crisp and I have no complaints. I never have the windows down and the A/C is on all the time, cutting out external sounds. I do think that the soundstage is not well balanced though, but still way better than some set-up's. I guess I'm being a little fussy. The trouble is lack of sufficient clarity of the nuances at lower volumes. Will this amp do that job well?

And...why can't I find a single review of the amp on the net?!!

Cheers!
Kartik
Old 24th September 2007, 19:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have tuned some LA amps Bolt and Strike series, they sound decent as long as one has not paid Rs 18000 for it.
In your case you just need a tune up of your existing system and some value for money damping to take care of the " amazing Suzuki build quality doorpad " vibration.
If you were considering buying some JVC or Sony entry level amp, then this will definitely beat them by miles, if that answers your question.

EDIT: By the way dont call swift " A sweet little ride which does not need big sound " There is one BASS MAKKER who will get offended. LOL!

Last edited by blueraven316 : 24th September 2007 at 19:59.
Old 24th September 2007, 19:59   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
would I be wrong in believing that it should do the job?
No,you would not be wrong - it will do the job and well.
Old 24th September 2007, 23:37   #8
BHPian

well tuned ICE can sound very nice on a SWIFT. Has a nice high,wide soundstage... and power requirement is not necessary directly proportional to size of a car.. so enjoy the amp to its fullest.
Old 25th September 2007, 11:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
EDIT: By the way dont call swift " A sweet little ride which does not need big sound " There is one BASS MAKKER who will get offended. LOL!
I was about to say this.

See what you can do to a little sweet ride "Swift"....All you need is passion and a lot of money....no offences meant, LBM is a very sensible guy and my good friend. I respect his enthusiasm.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/member-4633.html

and if you think pics were not enough, here you go.....

Old 25th September 2007, 12:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Completely agree. The bigger the sound, "the more amazing Suzuki build quality doorpad " vibration. And that's why I am running away from bigger and better at this stage. Already The doorpads are shuddering, imagine their plight (and mine!!) if the amp goes in. Damping would cost me at least 5k and that money needs to channeled elsewhere now, unfortunately!

P.S: LBM no offence, love your ride mate, just can't go all out yet. When i can and when i want to spend money, look no further than www.team-bhp.com/forum/

Cheers!
Old 25th September 2007, 12:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I was about to say this.

See what you can do to a little sweet ride "Swift"....All you need is passion and a lot of money....no offences meant, LBM is a very sensible guy and my good friend. I respect his enthusiasm.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/member-4633.html

and if you think pics were not enough, here you go.....

YouTube - my friends ride
You are welcome sir.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks