Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 00:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
the dsk165 is around 6500 IIRC
the 2 way hertz energy are for around 9500.
pm gunbir for any ques regarding hertz.
Just a correction AKG7091, the Hertz DSK165 is for Rs 6000, and the Hertz ESK165 is for Rs 9100. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
If I look at Hertz energy series, how do I get 6 X 9 coax + front components in under 14k ??
Please suggest...
Actually you can get the Dieci DSK165 (6000) + DCX690 (5200) in your budget. Or you can get the Energy ESK165 (9100) + ECX690 (8300) which is a bit over budget. Our regrets on not having a demo available in Bangalore... Maybe we will fix that soon.

Last edited by gunbir : 26th September 2007 at 00:17.
Old 26th September 2007, 09:03   #17
BHPian

pani listen to kicker first then decide,
Old 26th September 2007, 10:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
mp3 HU from JVC = 7K
Entry level 4ch amp = 4K
Components = 6K
Subwoofer = 5K

Approximately = 22K. Try for this option
Subwoofer will give you punchy sound. Unless you go for very high end 6x9 you will not get Low bass.

Do not skip on the amp and subwoofer.
Buddy TSK,
I have listened to these entry level subs and they are pathetic IMO.
They may produce more bass and would go lower as well but without any defination and a lot of boom. Also I would have to skimp on the other main speakers if I have to accomodate this sub...thats the reason I thought of 6x9 in a box at the rears...though it may not go as low but it should give much more defined bass...I suppose. I can also use the rest of the budget on a good pair of compos at the front.

Quote:
with "slam bang" i assume you would mean bass? I think you are contemplating 6x9s to deliver teh bass? well a pair of compos will outclass any 6x9 in the bass department.( at not much extra cost )
Hi SK,
Are you saying a 5.25" component speaker at the rear (in a box) would do better bass than a similarly priced 6X9" coax ???
I thought these smaller compos are mainly to refine the mids and highs. Please elaborate buddy.

Quote:
pani listen to kicker first then decide,
Quote:
I have read a lot of rave reviews of illusion audio here. Why not try them too. Their electra series is well within your range
Hi Vino and AKG,
Where in Bangalore can I listen to Kicker and Illusion Audio ?? Any idea ?

Last edited by GTO : 28th September 2007 at 18:18. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:36   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Speakers: In the last few days I have auditioned JBL, Polk Audio (DB series), Boston Acoustics and Nakamichi...I am yet to audition Hertz speakers.

Headunits tried were Pioneer 2950, 5950, 6950 and entry level Alpine.
The Alpines were clear winner here but ..

Till now we have shortlisted Nakamichi 6 X 9" coax for rears, Nakamichi Component for the fronts, Pioneer 6950/Alpine HU.

Should I place the 6x9 coax on a wooden plank at the rear or is it better to put them in two seperate wooden cabinets/boxes at the rear ??
Which would give me better bass (quality)??
Speakers I would add to your list (in this price range): Infinity, Illusion, and Blaupunkt

HU: if you like the Alpine why not stick with it. Your dealer is not paying for the system you are, your dealer is not going to listen to the system you are, and if he can produce a flat response in a car with a 7 band (constant Q) equalliser he is a better man than me. Stick to what YOUR ears say is best.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
there.. you have the perfect solution.slam bang ..all in budget
Plus wiring (power + speakers + RCA) Plus damping (a sub is going in, no? We wouldn't want rattles and buzzes, now would we?)! Add another 10K at least .
Old 26th September 2007, 10:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Just a correction AKG7091, the Hertz DSK165 is for Rs 6000, and the Hertz ESK165 is for Rs 9100. Cheers!

Actually you can get the Dieci DSK165 (6000) + DCX690 (5200) in your budget. Or you can get the Energy ESK165 (9100) + ECX690 (8300) which is a bit over budget.
How much do the Hi-Energy Hxx series components and coaxes come for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Our regrets on not having a demo available in Bangalore... Maybe we will fix that soon.
Shubhasya sheeghram! Bless you, there are many that have been waitingu and waitingu in Bangalore. Sprocket don't inspire any confidence, because
a. their shop guys are rather tone deaf and would gladly push everything other than what you want ("saab, X nahin, Y lagwalo - woh zyada chalta hai" no matter what X and Y are!)
b. 25% of their shop is devoted to Sony, and another 5% to a glass showcase that prominently displays pieces that have been returned for R&R
Old 26th September 2007, 11:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Speakers I would add to your list (in this price range): Infinity, Illusion, and Blaupunkt
Hi Navin,
oooopss...I forgot, I have also auditioned Inifinity alongside Nakamichi and Polk (with the same HU in the same room...all of them boxed seperately)....Infinity beats the Polk but looses out to Nakamichi again...
Yes the Nakamichi speakers were always the clear winner. I was fortunate that the dealer agreed to demonstrate all the speakers in the same room with the same amp and CD player and gave an "on the fly" A/B comparison...so it was very clear which speaker did well....it was Nakamichi. But I would also say, Nakamichi though more refined and laid back compared to Inifinity and Polk....they were definitely more forward than Hertz (which I once listened in a friend's car for a shortwhile).

Quote:
HU: if you like the Alpine why not stick with it. Your dealer is not paying for the system you are, your dealer is not going to listen to the system you are, and if he can produce a flat response in a car with a 7 band (constant Q) equalliser he is a better man than me. Stick to what YOUR ears say is best.
Hi Navin,
The dealer has agreed to give me an in-car demo of both the HU (Alpine and Pioneer) during the installation in my car and I would be choosing on the fly which HU to go for.
Old 26th September 2007, 12:25   #23
BHPian

pani to listen to kicker contact blueraven here, he is more into kicker audio
Old 26th September 2007, 14:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Navin,
oooopss...I forgot, I have also auditioned Inifinity alongside Nakamichi and Polk (with the same HU in the same room...all of them boxed seperately)....I
Where did you audition Nakamichi in Bangalore?
Old 26th September 2007, 15:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Where did you audition Nakamichi in Bangalore?
I auditioned the Nakamichi at Auto Planet, Koramangala. They are the official distributor of Nakamichi in India. They also have Infinity, Polk, JBL and stuffs.
The good part is, they are very active in giving demos.
Old 26th September 2007, 22:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I auditioned the Nakamichi at Auto Planet, Koramangala. They are the official distributor of Nakamichi in India. They also have Infinity, Polk, JBL and stuffs.
The good part is, they are very active in giving demos.
How much do you have to shell out for 6x9 pair from Nakamichi ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
if he can produce a flat response in a car with a 7 band (constant Q) equalliser he is a better man than me.
Navin, Pani mentioned that the HU in question has a parametric EQ!

Last edited by Su-47 : 26th September 2007 at 22:27.
Old 27th September 2007, 13:10   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
..But I would also say, Nakamichi though more refined and laid back compared to Inifinity and Polk....they were definitely more forward than Hertz (which I once listened in a friend's car for a shortwhile).
you mean to say that the Hertz were more laid back than Nakamichi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Navin, Pani mentioned that the HU in question has a parametric EQ!

ooops!
Old 28th September 2007, 11:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
you mean to say that the Hertz were more laid back than Nakamichi?
Yes, Hertz is a bit more laid back than Naks. Though I havent yet heard their Energy and hi-energy series...I have only heard their entry level dieci series.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Pani, did you mean the Naks were brighter than the Hertz Diecis?

Last edited by hydrashok : 28th September 2007 at 13:54.
Old 28th September 2007, 14:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Pani, did you mean the Naks were brighter than the Hertz Diecis?
Yes...but they arent piercing like JBL stuffs..they are gracefully brighter and it adds a bit to the "Fun" element.
I havent auditioned Hertz extensively. I have just heard them once in my friends car and I got a feeling of very laid-back, relaxed sound.
Naks are more spicy IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks