Team-BHP - What size speakers can I fit in Zen Estilo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   What size speakers can I fit in Zen Estilo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/29324-what-size-speakers-can-i-fit-zen-estilo.html)

I have posted some pictures of the default speaker provisions given in the Maruti Zen Estilo Vxi here. According to the service station I can put 6" speakers in the Front and 4" in the Rear.

Do I have any other options? Someone here mentioned spacer rings - what are those and what are their pros / cons?

Front Provisions

Rear Provisions

I have seen an install with Illusion Audio EL 6.1 6.5" components and Illusion Audio EL 62 6.5" co-axial install in a Zen Estilo and they fitted without any issues.

Hmm... how much do they cost? And how did the installer fit 6.5" speakers in the rear 4.5" hole?

Any other suggestions / thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vebmetal (Post 577402)
Hmm... how much do they cost? And how did the installer fit 6.5" speakers in the rear 4.5" hole?

Any other suggestions / thoughts?

The installer used a 0.75" spacer ring to fit the speakers. Was a clean job overall.

For prices of Illusion Audio products PM Bass&Trouble.

^ How exactly does a spacer ring work in terms of letting me put a bigger speaker? And do the rings have to be bolted onto the door? Can I use spacer rings to put 6x9s in the rear? Also do they come default with speakers or are they an added expense?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vebmetal (Post 577448)
^ How exactly does a spacer ring work in terms of letting me put a bigger speaker? And do the rings have to be bolted onto the door? Can I use spacer rings to put 6x9s in the rear? Also do they come default with speakers or are they an added expense?

I think this might help you in getting the information.

<MDF Speaker Spacer Rings>

<How to make door pods - S-10 Forum>

I do not think that they come with speakers and they are not too expensive also.

So using spacer rings means that I have to get these "door pods" made, or that is just another way? If not, I assume the rings have to be bolted onto the door somehow, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vebmetal (Post 578431)
So using spacer rings means that I have to get these "door pods" made, or that is just another way? If not, I assume the rings have to be bolted onto the door somehow, right?

The door pods may not be required. your second assumption is right.... I think you tell your requirements to the guy from where you want to install, he will take care of everything

The front doors take 6.5" speakers just like the Swift. The rear doors have provision for a 4" speaker. In the rear also, the mount provided for the 4" can be removed and a 6.5" can be installed without any major modification. Spacers would be required to prevent the magnet touching the glass when it is rolled down, both in front and behind. If any installer knows how to install 4 x 6.5" speakers in a Swift, he can do it in the Estilo as well.

The spacers need to be screwed on to the metal of the door. Use flat headed screws or sink them to make sure the heads of the screws dont foul with the speaker basket and cause an air leakage.

Ahh, I forgot that I might need spacers in the front as well - tsk.

So does the Swift also have a 4" provision in the rear?

I am confused about one thing - I am looking at this picture of the rear speaker provision, and am I right in assuming that if I want 6.5" speakers in there, I am going to have to get some part of the door panel cut? (Considering that the height of the 'rectangle' is only about 5".)

Thanks for your help, Bass&Trouble!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vebmetal (Post 578792)
I am looking at this picture of the rear speaker provision, and am I right in assuming that if I want 6.5" speakers in there, I am going to have to get some part of the door panel cut? (Considering that the height of the 'rectangle' is only about 5".)
Thanks for your help, Bass&Trouble!

You will have to cut a small ring right across the circumference of the space you marked as 4.5" and thats about it. Don't bother about the 5" marked part. The 4.5" grill circle has a plastic support on the inside of the panel which requires to be cut and isn't seen at all from the outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vebmetal (Post 578792)
I am confused about one thing - I am looking at this picture of the rear speaker provision, and am I right in assuming that if I want 6.5" speakers in there, I am going to have to get some part of the door panel cut? (Considering that the height of the 'rectangle' is only about 5".)

Well, dont cut the door panel. The speaker mounts on the door frame thats behind the door panel, right? Although there is a problem because the opening in the grill is just 4.5". I think you should go for 4" or 5.25" if you can have someone make the right ring for it. Otherwise too much of the front of the speaker will be obstructed by the door panel.