Team-BHP - UVA ICE! (Pio 7950U + Illusion Electra 6.1)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   UVA ICE! (Pio 7950U + Illusion Electra 6.1) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/29403-uva-ice-pio-7950u-illusion-electra-6-1-a-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatDrive (Post 579051)
Blueraven,
Just out of curosity, Can these "Illusion Electra 6.1 Compos" fit in Petra's Front doors(stock position) without modifications.

And why is Amp needed for components, Don't we have one with these Illusion comps.
Cheers

What is there in the Component speaker's crossover is a passive crossover, there is no amplifier inside it, an amp consists of a lot of other components other than a crossover within, and needs dedicated power supply, hence is active.
In a nutshell, you will not get the effect and clarity out of component speakers running directly off the head unit compared to them running off an Amplifier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limpid (Post 578853)
Congrats for the ICE setup EMD, looking forward to listen some 'item number' on the same. Can you tell installer’s name /address? I am planning to put ICE sometime early next month do you recommend this guy ?
Regarding the glass issue, how far is window glass coming down? Aren’t you facing any problems for hand signaling?

PM Blueraven...his own retail outlet might be open by the time you want it next month...look no further!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limpid (Post 578853)
Congrats for the ICE setup EMD, looking forward to listen some 'item number' on the same. Can you tell installer’s name /address? I am planning to put ICE sometime early next month do you recommend this guy ?
Regarding the glass issue, how far is window glass coming down? Aren’t you facing any problems for hand signaling?

Item number? Sure, get your CD, lets audition it in my car. PM me on when, how and where.

Sure, I can give the installers address. But have you decided on your setup? What's your budget? PM BlueRaven, he'll be glad to help you out.

Yes, the glass doesn't go all the way down but you can easily put your hand out for hand signals;
But I use indicator lights all the time. Dont think I've ever used hand signals after the driving test at Yelahanka RTO.

Oh yes! Sometimes I do need to put the glass down and show the finger at other irritating drivers:D

Hey EMD am gonna hijack your thread..

My set-up is very similiar to EMD's but yet different.
- we got our cars togehter similiar colour.. different car
- Registration no. similiar except for the last digit.
- ICE, similiar HU / speakers except the size!!
- And both of us got bumped by 2 different cars the day we got our ICE installed!!
- And ICE was possible.. thanks to B&T and Blueraven!! same guys again

so I guess theres no harm in posting my ICE too here.

HU - Pio 7950UB(9K without bill). the USB interface cable was missed and Blueraven got me another one.. but that damn thing wont play from my Kingston 1 GB card nor my cousin's ipod shuffle!! It does recognize my Razr and plays lovely!

Speakers - Fronts: Electra Series 4.1 components.
One tweeter didnt fire for whatever reason. B&T immediately shipped not only a tweeter but also a crossover in case the problem was with the latter!! That was damn thoughtful..

Installed them at Blueravens trusted installers.. (about 0.4 K for the install) and from what I can see a neat job under Blueraven's guidance.. And Blueraven came all the way again to the installer to ensure the other tweeter was also done up neatly.. thanks dude!

now the setup in fine. Bass is not that low.. but again not like how it comes out of a radio! Mids are darn good. Highs are not bright. Soundstage.... ..... .... well not like my home audio setup.. guess thats coz its a car and not a house..

Had a long drive this weekend.. around 500 odd kms and zipping on the highway.. early morning..cocooned in a super silent spark with the AC blower on 1.. the greenery and mountains extending to the horizon.. listening to the the Illusions.. B&T and Blueraven.. heres raising a toast to you!

congrats dude.. great setup! good equipment!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrivz (Post 582441)
congrats dude.. great setup! good equipment!!!

Thanks Shrivz for your kind words

Great setup guys !
Some pics would be great :)