Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 12:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Yeah, on a 2400 W rms amp at that. At full tilt. No wonder you're in the market for a new battery.
Ya that is some power. Could not run the sub for long only 10-15 sec max or something will damage for sure....
Old 9th October 2007, 14:40   #47
BHPian

hi,

since i was there and helped rajat and gill with the install, i can give a little detail of what was happening.

when played at moderate volumes the sub VC was hitting the back plate. and when i pushed the cone in, it went right in without much resistance, and came out slowly. but not that slow. IIRC, the same thing happened when we were doing up sk's santro. then gunman/jb decided that a new enclosure is needed cause its leaky. the speed of the sub cone when pushed in and when it came out was almost the same.

i dont know if the sub itself is leaky. is it possible that the subs cone, surround or something leaks a little or is it perfectly sealed?

im building a ported enclosure for my hertz es380(got an audison port from gunman yesterday) and ill build an enclosure for gill as well. lets see what the result is.

but from what i know, te enclosure is leaky. i could be wrong, thats why ill build the enclosure my self as i have a little experience with it. now im off to buy some power tools lol.

cheers
clip
Old 9th October 2007, 14:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
If the general notion that "Speaker fat rahe hain yaar"....Or crossing excursion limits means bottoming out.
Nope, thats not bottoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333
when played at moderate volumes the sub VC was hitting the back plate
Yup that sure is bottoming. If it hits the bottom plate, there will be a slapping noise.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:05   #49
BHPian

Thanks B&T. But chalo, atleast you get the point then thanks to Clip.

So what suggestions now?
Old 9th October 2007, 15:07   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, thats not bottoming.

Yup that sure is bottoming. If it hits the bottom plate, there will be a slapping noise.
arrey who is this roak staar in yours and others avatar? i get confused if its you or lbm. lol

haan toh its bottoming out. now this panga is over. now whats the solution.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:22   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
your amp got some sub-sonic filter? if so use it.

alternate. open box, stuff 2-3 bricks in the box. you can do this via the woofer hole. then close the box and listen. does it help. does the sub bottom out less?

Last edited by navin : 9th October 2007 at 15:24.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
arrey who is this roak staar in yours and others avatar? i get confused if its you or lbm. lol
He is the leader of a cult; a very venomous serpent. The members of the cult are very dangerous (well, some of them. most others get drunk and pass out in the name of some chor bazaar frequenting bawajee's birthday).

They first forced me to change the avatar pic to the one you see, and then warned me of dire consequences if I were to reveal the identity of their leader.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls
So what suggestions now?
Which sub is this? Dont you both own different ones?
Old 9th October 2007, 15:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
when played at moderate volumes the sub VC was hitting the back plate.
Are you sure that it is hitting the back plate. Because if it does then it is a very serious problem. The results will be like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
alternate. open box, stuff 2-3 bricks in the box. you can do this via the woofer hole. then close the box and listen. does it help. does the sub bottom out less?
Will this not make the response of the enclosure different. The Q will increase make the low less.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:45   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
..and then warned me of dire consequences if I were to reveal the identity of their leader.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Will this not make the response of the enclosure different. The Q will increase make the low less.
Exactly but it will also make it harder for the woofer to bottom out! with respect to bass response sealed boxes are a bit tolerant to change in volume. I wanted the user to try it and see.
Old 9th October 2007, 18:41   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Which sub is this? Dont you both own different ones?
Sub is an ID10d2 V.3
Yes Clip owns a different one. But end of the day, we are helping out the same guy.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:06   #56
BHPian

Quote:
This is quite close one can get to define the sound sub produces,
what could be reasons for such sound.
Regarding the telcum test:- the driver mounting area n terminal area, are sealed if going by telcum test,but even then sub was making this sound at vomume levels which are lower then levels at which hu starts clipping!!
A dumb question:-is it possible that the subs cone, surround or something leaks a little or is it perfectly sealed?
Old 9th October 2007, 22:23   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
This is quite close one can get to define the sound sub produces,
what could be reasons for such sound.
Regarding the telcum test:- the driver mounting area n terminal area, are sealed if going by telcum test,but even then sub was making this sound at vomume levels which are lower then levels at which hu starts clipping!!
A dumb question:-is it possible that the subs cone, surround or something leaks a little or is it perfectly sealed?
yes exactly. it makes a slapping sound. gill check the rear bottom edge(the angled part) i think the edge i not resting properly on the bottom mdf piece. it should have been angled accordingly which if im not wrong is not the case. put the powder there and check.

and your question is not a dumb one. no question is dumb. dont know when will people stop underestimating thier self. this i learned from navinji. do not underestimate yourself's, someones knowledge. :-)

im just abhi got my new tools and im about to start my enclosure. ill do up yours tomorrow gill saab.

im very excited to use my new tools. here is what i bought...

black & decker cordless drill machine. there were a hell lot of cheap chinese stuff but the quality of this thing is just amazing. i had to pay three time than a better speced chinese. nevermind.

i got a jigsaw. machine. its a cheap one cause i wont be using it often. and first i need to be experienced to use a better machine.

a wood planer. some drill bits and screws, extensions etc.

and now im off to making it. wish me luck.

cheers
clip
Old 10th October 2007, 00:33   #58
BHPian

How much did u paid for black & decker cordless drill machine? even i am looking to buy one.
Man u know! how much egerly i am looking fwd to the enc,do ur best and as always have a great time with DIY project!
Fingers crossed!
Old 10th October 2007, 21:24   #59
BHPian

Clip,

Waiting for updates on your project?How is it going?Or you are through...
Old 11th October 2007, 14:41   #60
BHPian

Quote:
How much did u paid for black & decker cordless drill machine? even i am looking to buy one.
Man u know! how much egerly i am looking fwd to the enc,do ur best and as always have a great time with DIY project!
Fingers crossed!
hi,

i got it for some 4k. its not comparable to the bosch 2 battery drill(around 10k) but is excellent value for money. it works good o wood and even had the power to drill in metal and wall. the only gripe is, it doesn't come in any casing. but i got a casing lying at the store unused. i also got a jigsaw for 1.1k. it works great. got bosch blades.

Quote:
Clip,

Waiting for updates on your project?How is it going?Or you are through...
im gonna start your enclosure in 10 min. i have built half of mine. but want to finish yours first. ill post pics in the evening. and yes, getting a box made is easy, but making one yourself is very difficult specially when you dont have experience(like working with a jigsaw) but now i can cut dead straight

cheers
clip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks