Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 14:09   #76
BHPian

Ah!
I see that you both have already posted regarding the little problem we faced yesterday.
Firstly I thought it was an issue of sealing. But Sub has exact same response in both enclosures. Comes out slowly upon being pressed. While I can doubt my enclosure building because of it being my first one, Clip has built a few in past also....
Anyways.
Can somebody educate me why a sub simply wouldnt want to be mounted in a particular way on the enclosure, but upon rotation, mount perfectly well?
Is that normal? What are the designing goals behind this?
Sorry for noobie questions. Still learning. :-)

P.S.>> I was simply AMAZED at the quality of the Hertz ES380 sub when we mounted it in Gill's car. I could hardly find it any less tighter than the 10" ID. And it really did produce some decent SPL within the cabin.
Pure Jekyll and Hyde character. Sober and Tight when you want it to be.
AND
Nice and Loud and low at a simple turn of the dial.
Old 17th October 2007, 01:17   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
when we tried to mount the sub in the enc it didn't fixed in properly and when we rotated with sub diameter by 180* it fixed in properly we felt it quite strange,can any one throw some light on the reason behind it!!!!!
I am still curious for a reply to this finding!
Old 17th October 2007, 15:54   #78
BHPian

hi,

still waiting for some one to throw some light on sub mounting. is it possible? why wasn't the sub going in, in a particular way? upside down, it went in, when mounted normally, it didn't.

gunman, what do you say about this? should we take this to pm and sort it out? what ever you say. im awaiting your reply, asap.

cheers
clip
Old 17th October 2007, 19:02   #79
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest to put up some pics of the same so that one can clearly see where the problem is.
Old 18th October 2007, 05:40   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I would suggest to put up some pics of the same so that one can clearly see where the problem is.
lbm,

the problem we faced wasn't even visible. how can one click pictures? or you want some other pic? i dont think pics will help here. .

cheers
Old 18th October 2007, 10:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
lbm,

the problem we faced wasn't even visible. how can one click pictures? or you want some other pic? i dont think pics will help here. .

cheers
Sir you mentioned your self about the pics thats why I mentioned the same. If not possible I would suggest to get the sub replaced.
Old 19th October 2007, 09:20   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Sir you mentioned your self about the pics thats why I mentioned the same. If not possible I would suggest to get the sub replaced.
oh, i though you were talking about the mounting problem. sorry
. yes, he should post pics of that thing. or he can send the sub to gunnu bhai so that he can check and confirm if there is any problem with the sub.

cheers
clip
Old 19th October 2007, 10:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
still waiting for some one to throw some light on sub mounting. is it possible? why wasn't the sub going in, in a particular way? upside down, it went in, when mounted normally, it didn't.
Clip, I can safely say something is 'wrong' with that unit. For whatever reason, there seems to be a deformation of the frame/chassis. And when you couple that to the 'slapping' sound, it again reinforces the fact something is wrong.
Having mounted dozens of speaker units into boxes, I can ASSURE you this is not normal.
Old 19th October 2007, 11:59   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Clip, I can safely say something is 'wrong' with that unit. For whatever reason, there seems to be a deformation of the frame/chassis. And when you couple that to the 'slapping' sound, it again reinforces the fact something is wrong.
Having mounted dozens of speaker units into boxes, I can ASSURE you this is not normal.
hi,

yes, im sure there is something wrong with the sub(chassis/frame). that sound should not be there. i think, the only solution is a replacement.

@Gunbir,

what do we do now gunman? how to go about it? should gill send you the sub?

cheers
clip
Old 19th October 2007, 12:19   #85
Senior - BHPian

try pressing the cone of the sub when not installed in a enclosure and see for any touching of the VC also one can also measure the dia with a vernier if you have any to check the oval shape of the sub.
Old 19th October 2007, 13:11   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
try pressing the cone of the sub when not installed in a enclosure and see for any touching of the VC also one can also measure the dia with a vernier if you have any to check the oval shape of the sub.
LBM, VC touching would typically make a dirrerent sound, as someone has already mentioned.
And really, no one is likely to have such large Vernier Callipers lying around!
Old 19th October 2007, 13:21   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
LBM, VC touching would typically make a dirrerent sound, as someone has already mentioned.
And really, no one is likely to have such large Vernier Callipers lying around!
If the driver misalignment then it will might not work fine as it will be running misaligned.

About the Vernier there might be chances that that big might not be there, but there i another option of a big compass which can be used to compare the size in a oval shape object.
Old 19th October 2007, 15:03   #88
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Send the sub back, get a new one... Simple
Old 19th October 2007, 20:17   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Guys,

Send the sub back, get a new one... Simple
hi gunbir,

thanks alot . we were quite worried about the sub. didn't realize how good you people are when is comes to product support(warranty). keep up the good work.

cheers
clip

Gill saab,

please send the sub to gunbir for a replacement. your problem is solved. and please send it through a good courier company. i have had bad experience in the past with two courier companies. they lost the package. i would recommend blue dart. and do get the shipment insured.

cheers
clip
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 19th October 2007 at 20:21.
Old 19th October 2007, 20:18   #90
Senior - BHPian

Good service, Gunbir!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks