Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:38   #1
BHPian

Subwoofer for OHC - suggestions pls.

hi all,... ahem,...

am pretty scared to post in this section!!! i stepped in here 2 months ago and this section is more addictive than any smoking joint that i had been to during college!!

i'm frugal when compared to most of you. some audio setups showcased here cost almost half of my 2nd hand car

this is my current, simple and satisfactory ICE,...
- a pair of JBL GTO 507c in the front
- a pair of JBL GTO 937 in the rear
- both driven by the Alpine 9835 HU itself
(all bought in 2nd hand, just for the heck of having a good piece in every corner of my car,... so no prices will be published)

as my addiction has grown, i'm now looking to fill up the missing part of the sound spectrum - the very low bass.

could you please suggest a good subwoofer and amp pair that can be driven off the 3rd pre-out (for subwoofer) of the 9835? the other 4 in-cab spkrs will be run off the HU only.

pls note:
- i dont listen to music loud
- i believe in music that is heard within the car and not outside it
- i need a amp-sub pair to fill that missing spectrum only and not to attract any species outside of my car's cabin
- i listen to any music with a wide range - super softies of eric clapton, the croons of Iglesias, metallica, toolz, gnr, rap, rock, reggae. my wifey would want to play her lata mangeshkar collection when she drives.
- all i want is clear music - not loud.

keeping this in mind, please help me choose a sub and amp pair.

Last edited by gbpscars : 3rd October 2007 at 10:50.
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
this is my current, simple and satisfactory ICE,...
- a pair of JBL GTO 507c in the front
- a pair of JBL GTO 937 in the rear
- both driven by the Alpine 9835 HU itself
could you please suggest a good subwoofer and amp pair that can be driven off the 3rd pre-out (for subwoofer) of the 9835? the other 4 in-cab spkrs will be run off the HU only..
since you got JBL speakers and are happy why not get a simple JBL GT4-12 mated to a CS 300.1 amp. Total should cost you 17K. If your budget does not sterch that far try a lesser amp like the Sony 552 (3-3.5K) or Blau 280 (5-6K).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks