Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 16:29   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino_David View Post
and since Kicker seems to be keeping a low profile here, why not have a variety keeping in mind the sound quality from kicker speakers
That's precisely my point - kicker has a low opinion here because most people here think it sounds poor.

Just like Sony speakers.

Variety cannot be achieved at the cost of quality - or else LBM would be recommending Dhoom speakers.
But I respect your opinion and you are free to state it.
Old 9th October 2007, 17:37   #32
BHPian

I am just waiting to get out of my office to go directly to audition couple of systems..!!.. personally i am a great fan of JBL..

Hope i get time today itself to update here.......
Old 9th October 2007, 19:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Laakh dukhon ki ek dawa hai, kyu na aazmale.
That was just hillarious !!

Quote:
pani to listen to kicker contact blueraven here, he is more into kicker audio

Not that I don't like kicker, but not their speakers, their mono amps and subs rock on SPL.
I had once auditioned a Kicker ES693 along with a Pioneer 240 Watt 3 way speaker one from each set connected to the left and right channel, directly off the head or off a Rockford amp both sounded ditto same. No difference, that does not imply Pioneer is very good, Kicker speakers are not nearly as good as their amps etc considering it was costing almost double of the pio speaker.

Old 9th October 2007, 19:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
I had once auditioned a Kicker ES693 along with a Pioneer 240 Watt 3 way speaker one from each set connected to the left and right channel, directly off the head or off a Rockford amp both sounded ditto same. No difference, that does not imply Pioneer is very good, Kicker speakers are not nearly as good as their amps etc considering it was costing almost double of the pio speaker.
If your intended application is through that HU on music that you auditioned with, and both 'sounded ditto same', then there is NO JUSTIFICATION for spending double on the Kicker speakers. Don't your ears tell you that already?
Please remember Audio is very subjective. If it does your job it is good enough for you. Unless it matters to you what I think. Or what Harry Potter would think about your system!
Old 9th October 2007, 20:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Stop fighting like children... all you grown ups yet wearing knickers included.

Dear Vino: There is nothing wrong in recommending Kicker or any other product for that matter. I notice that you recommend Illusion also and I am thankful for placing your faith in the brand, but I wonder whether you have heard any of the products. If not, please do. Without that, a recommendation is meaningless.

Even if the majority likes other brands, I do not find you undignified in being in some minority if that is the case. However, let me request you to audition some newer Kicker product line and if you like that, recommend that atleast. Because the ES series should not have been available this long in India. It has been discontinued in the end of 2006. The 2007 model is the DS series. Its the replacement of the ES, however it is more expensive too. I dont know why, and at the new price its not VFM at all. Plus there are a lot of spurious Kicker ES series speakers on the market, especially the 6x9 model, coming through unofficial channels. The official distributor will also confirm this.

For the above reasons and more, Spanky & Sammeirr (<<- latest version as per numerology) are trying to reason with your recommendation pattern so that a complete newbie does not end up making a purchase he should regret. And I dont say regret because he would choose Kicker and its a bad product, but regret that he took someone's word for it and bought something he does not like. Our gurus always suggest that people should listen before buying, and listen to as much as possible.
Old 9th October 2007, 20:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
For the above reasons and more, Spanky & Sammeirr (<<- latest version as per numerology)
Is this true, Sam Bhai?
Old 9th October 2007, 20:38   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Is this true, Sam Bhai?
No of course not lol. Please don't listen to that man.
Old 9th October 2007, 21:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stop fighting like children... all you grown ups yet wearing knickers included.

Dear Vino: There is nothing wrong in recommending Kicker or any other product for that matter. I notice that you recommend Illusion also and I am thankful for placing your faith in the brand, but I wonder whether you have heard any of the products. If not, please do. Without that, a recommendation is meaningless.

Even if the majority likes other brands, I do not find you undignified in being in some minority if that is the case. However, let me request you to audition some newer Kicker product line and if you like that, recommend that atleast. Because the ES series should not have been available this long in India. It has been discontinued in the end of 2006. The 2007 model is the DS series. Its the replacement of the ES, however it is more expensive too. I dont know why, and at the new price its not VFM at all. Plus there are a lot of spurious Kicker ES series speakers on the market, especially the 6x9 model, coming through unofficial channels. The official distributor will also confirm this.

For the above reasons and more, Spanky & Sammeirr (<<- latest version as per numerology) are trying to reason with your recommendation pattern so that a complete newbie does not end up making a purchase he should regret. And I dont say regret because he would choose Kicker and its a bad product, but regret that he took someone's word for it and bought something he does not like. Our gurus always suggest that people should listen before buying, and listen to as much as possible.
Dear B&T, what exactly are you trying to say in this long winded post?
Where is the problem with last year's series of speakers if they sound good enough to the concerned party?
Why are you so excited about people's recommendation patterns? Are YOU trying to push some product?
The only message your post has is in the last line. Yes, LISTEN to the speakers or the system before you buy. This is perhaps the most-repeated advice offered on the subject of Audio. What's good for me might not be good for you.
And who here did you think in your infinite wisdom was 'fighting like children'?
Old 9th October 2007, 21:20   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
If your intended application is through that HU on music that you auditioned with, and both 'sounded ditto same', then there is NO JUSTIFICATION for spending double on the Kicker speakers. Don't your ears tell you that already?
anup, blueraven is a professional, whose business is car audio. I believe he was offering advice and his respected opinion on the speakers in question. It's quite unnecessary to advise him on this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Dear B&T, what exactly are you trying to say in this long winded post?
Where is the problem with last year's series of speakers if they sound good enough to the concerned party?
Why are you so excited about people's recommendation patterns? Are YOU trying to push some product?
The only message your post has is in the last line. Yes, LISTEN to the speakers or the system before you buy. This is perhaps the most-repeated advice offered on the subject of Audio. What's good for me might not be good for you.
And who here did you think in your infinite wisdom was 'fighting like children'?
anup, I gather you are new here. B&T did put a smiley, one that looked like this after he said that people were 'fighting like children.' Far worse has been said without a smiley - we take ICE advice with a healthy dash of humour.

There are many years of posts made by many of us and some of us have incorporated some wonderful humour into what we say. B&T leads the pack.

I understand that you are fairly knowledgeable about audio and that is fantastic value to us, who are here to learn and share knowledge, however if you do spend a little time to read in the ICE section you will realise that your above post was quite unnecessary and too strong.

Chill anup, we are all friends here. No need to get yourself tied up in knots.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 9th October 2007 at 21:25.
Old 9th October 2007, 21:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My apologies. Indeed there a long tradition here with which I am not yet familiar.
Old 9th October 2007, 22:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are many years of posts made by many of us and some of us have incorporated some wonderful humour into what we say. B&T leads the pack.

Wham, Bam, Thank You Sam!
Old 9th October 2007, 22:57   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I love these humours.... Cuz the humours has a lot of facts spoken about kickers and other brands... if i am not wrong...

auditioned kickers.. And nope i would never override JBL with those..

So here is a rough outline of my final decision...

HU is goanna be a choice between PIO 6950 and 7950 -> Other than USB, are there any main features included in 7950? (Just wondering)

And the rear speakers will be mostly JBL GTO 937...

Still confused about the front speakers .. Illusion or JBL (6x9 component)

And here goes a price quoted by Autofusion, koramangala....

6950 + iPod cable -> 9500/- (Gray price with 1 year Autofusion warranty)
7950 + USB cable -> 10500/- (Gray price with 1 year Autofusion warranty)
JBL 937 -> 4950 (I know this is bit high, he promised me he'll do something)

Comparatively high with Auto shop price...

Now questions.......
1) That 1 year Autofusion warranty would be really required, or i can drop that?...

2) I have an AUX cable, so the iPod cable can be dropped?

3) how different it will be if i drop the idea of front speakers?.. tooo much of difference?

You all have been really helping... including some other threads... So keep helping guys, i dont wanna jump in and decide something wrong...
Old 9th October 2007, 23:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey! Im just posting my views for his questions,Sorry if im wrong somewer!

6x9 speakers in the front??

Too high, i got the same with a shop warranty for 6500+900 for i pod cable
Still too high! its around 8900 here, and the usb cable comes free i think
dude!!! run away from this place! without B&W, this is waaay too expensive!

Now questions.......
1) That 1 year Autofusion warranty would be really required, or i can drop that?...
Who knows what the future holds!(said in a mystic tone!!!)

No!(if u have an ipod that is!!) i pod is much easier to use through its connector as we can control it from the H.U

3) how different it will be if i drop the idea of front speakers?.. tooo much of difference?
Oh yes! there will be a world of difference! For the worse that is! Drop the rear if u want to and get better ones for the front!(if u are not chauffer driven)
Old 10th October 2007, 00:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hey! Im just posting my views for his questions,Sorry if im wrong somewer!

6x9 speakers in the front??

Too high, i got the same with a shop warranty for 6500+900 for i pod cable
Still too high! its around 8900 here, and the usb cable comes free i think
dude!!! run away from this place! without B&W, this is waaay too expensive!

Now questions.......
Who knows what the future holds!(said in a mystic tone!!!

No!(if u have an ipod that is!!) i pod is much easier to use through its connector as we can control it from the H.U

Oh yes! there will be a world of difference! For the worse that is! Drop the rear if u want to and get better ones for the front!(if u are not chauffer driven)
Ooops.. 6x9 in the front was a mistake.. was thinking something and typed it... It's obviously for the back

Running away from this place was one choice.. But i think i will make him to get his prices down, cuz i heard they are really good....

2) Yup, i have an iPod.. So the connector would be necessary now

3) If there is a world difference if i drop the front, then i should go with keeping them too... It's like when i drive with music, then muusic drives me and it makes me drive

Thanks duude...

I would still wait for other Guru's to comment...

Last edited by ~~VinZ~~ : 10th October 2007 at 00:07.
Old 10th October 2007, 07:43   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome!!! B&T Slamming Sam! We guys are straight, aren't we?

Most Viewed