Team-BHP - Need help for HU and speaker
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Need help for HU and speaker (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/29706-need-help-hu-speaker.html)

Hi guys,

I am planning for a good HU and 4 speakers for my ZEN... I need a good HU because i want to upgrade by adding sub and amp when i change the car by feb or march.. so for time being i need a setup...

Checked price for Pio 7950, Alpine 9870 and Blau london... and JBL speakers...

I listen mostly hip-hop/Rap/party mixes/DJ.. then sometimes Rock and metal...

and about budget.. dont have a budget for now (mebbe 13k-15k).. This is just a starting for my ICE setup for new car... might spend another 20-25k at that time...

- iPod connections is important .. (I have an AUX in cable already, so i wanna use that cuz its a costly 24 carret gold coated :D)

Appreciate all your suggestions on this one... Thank You!!...

Forgot to ask onething.. How are these YAMATO speakers?

I would stay away from such no-name brands. I googled it and I found the website. It is Yamato Audio Private Limited - Car Speakers, Car audio, Mobile audio, India

Look at the specs yourself. Almost all the speakers have very high THD. And you never know with such brands. Why not get yourself a pair of jbl, hertz, Illusion, blaupunkt etc ?

If you can, get a demo of Illusion Audio's line of speakers. LBM made me listen to a set in a friend's car and it was very good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akg7091 (Post 586550)
I would stay away from such no-name brands. I googled it and I found the website. It is Yamato Audio Private Limited - Car Speakers, Car audio, Mobile audio, India

Look at the specs yourself. Almost all the speakers have very high THD. And you never know with such brands. Why not get yourself a pair of jbl, hertz, Illusion, blaupunkt etc ?

If you can, get a demo of Illusion Audio's line of speakers. LBM made me listen to a set in a friend's car and it was very good.

I was not planing for YAMATO.. Just wanted to know because one of my friends said he has a pair of the same to sell... and i had never heard about the brand.. Thats why needed a clarification on this....

HU: PIO
REAR: Kicker ES693
FRONT: Illusion EL4.1 comps

put this combo ull never regret

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 586565)

Thanks... I will try getting a demo for the Kicker...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ (Post 586524)
Hi guys,

I am planning for a good HU and 4 speakers for my ZEN... I need a good HU because i want to upgrade by adding sub and amp when i change the car by feb or march.. so for time being i need a setup...

Checked price for Pio 7950, Alpine 9870 and Blau london... and JBL speakers...

I listen mostly hip-hop/Rap/party mixes/DJ.. then sometimes Rock and metal...

and about budget.. dont have a budget for now (mebbe 13k-15k).. This is just a starting for my ICE setup for new car... might spend another 20-25k at that time...

- iPod connections is important .. (I have an AUX in cable already, so i wanna use that cuz its a costly 24 carret gold coated :D)

Appreciate all your suggestions on this one... Thank You!!...

Forgot to ask onething.. How are these YAMATO speakers?

HU: Pioneer 6950
Front: EFX or JBL
Rear: JBL CS Series

later on you can go for a Hifonics sub and JBL 60.4 amp....

just to remind.. the CS series from JBL has been discontinued officially

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ (Post 586596)
Thanks... I will try getting a demo for the Kicker...

IMO that kicker speaker is just about as good as a Pio 240 watt speaker. Sounds nothing great, Likes of JBL are a better bet.

Quote:

WHy this combo?

@ vinz - Your kind of music..a Pio would do justice.
Illusion comps are laid back.. I have a 4". Dont listen to hip hop.. You can audition them if u want with your CDs.

Suggest you listen to your CDs in Blue Raven's Zen.. will be a revelation.

Nimz

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 (Post 587033)
just to remind.. the CS series from JBL has been discontinued officially

correction: the JBL CS series is being replaced with the GT5 series in India. CS series speakers (as well as many other discontinued components from other reputed manufacturers) are still good speakers for the money and can still be found on occasion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ (Post 586524)
Hi guys,
Checked price for Pio 7950, Alpine 9870 and Blau london... and JBL speakers... dont have a budget for now (mebbe 13k-15k).. This is just a starting for my ICE setup for new car... might spend another 20-25k at that time...

I would have prefered to see a sentence that went as follows "Checked sound of ....". For 13-15K you can get a good HU for 7K and 4 speakers for 8K. The 9870, 7950 and London are outside this price range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 587531)
I would have prefered to see a sentence that went as follows "Checked sound of ....". For 13-15K you can get a good HU for 7K and 4 speakers for 8K. The 9870, 7950 and London are outside this price range.

I actually meant "didnt not keep any budget as of now.. " So i can stretch a lil bit more to get the best.. Which one whould be the best deal ? a Pio 7950 or Alpine or Blau? considering my kind of music....

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 587145)
IMO that kicker speaker is just about as good as a Pio 240 watt speaker. Sounds nothing great, Likes of JBL are a better bet.

Personally i like the JBL, so i think i will go with that (A GT5 series probably)

The main thing is i need to have good options open for upgrading the ICE later... As i mentioned i would probably keep more money when i change my car (waiting for Grande Punto :D)

And yes, i do need to listen my kind of songs in different speakers before deciding ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 558910)
has anybody used Kicker ES693

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 575237)
listen to kicker es693 series 6x9 u wont consider others its mindblowing vfm
clarity is amazing
good tight bass

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 575648)
pani listen to kicker first then decide,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 575901)
pani to listen to kicker contact blueraven here, he is more into kicker audio

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David
hu 6950 pio-7500/-
oval kicker es6953-5000/-
coax illusion 4"-5000/-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 576988)
Only 4" comp speakers you can get is Illusion and Kicker,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 577487)
one and only choice for rear speakers are Kicker ES693, around 5k, for amazing clarity and tight bass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 577564)
HU: Pio 6950 - 7.5k
Rear: Kicker ES693 - 5k
Comp: EL6.1-6k
Amp & Sub - sugestions down the pipeline

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 578971)
listen 2 kicker ovals pani

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 579439)
HU: Alpine
Rear: Kicker ES693/Hertz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 580065)
Kiyon for rear get Kicker ES693 - 5k, excellent depth and clarity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino_David (Post 583710)
HU: Pio 6950
Rear: Kicker ES693
Front: Illusion EL6.1
AMP: JBL CS60.4 (later)
SUB: JBL 12" (later)

Go for it, you'll never regret PAM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 587145)
IMO that kicker speaker is just about as good as a Pio 240 watt speaker. Sounds nothing great,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimz (Post 587392)
WHy this combo?

Laakh dukhon ki ek dawa hai, kyu na aazmale. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 588015)

:uncontrol

At that a 2006 model dawa. One should check expiry date before consuming, and of course.. kick well before use. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 588015)

Kicker aazmana hei ek baar.. :Cheering:

somebody said "kickers aren't they used to be,and its like somebody else is making them now" what a joke