Team-BHP - JL/RF Setup in a Scorpio without losing too much space
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   JL/RF Setup in a Scorpio without losing too much space (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/29791-jl-rf-setup-scorpio-without-losing-too-much-space.html)

Just saw this car getting ready at Anwar's place few days ago, this car was a very different setup, it was an SQL setup comprising of JL amps and subs and Rockford Fosgate Speakers. Amps were mounted in the rear door inside an Acrylic casing.
The speakers produce some strong mids and highs are very clear.

The most surprising part of the setup was that it could sound like a proper SQ setup in one setting and with some changes would produce pretty loud lows. Enjoyyy!!

List of Equipment:
Pioneer 7950USB Head unit
JL Audio a4300 4 Channel amp
JL Audio 500/1 Monoblock amp
2 of JL Audio 12" W3V2D4 subs
Rockford Fosgate P162S 6.5" Component Speakers
Rockford Fosgate P152S 5.25" Component Speakers
Full Scosche Wiring.

Snaps below!

Okay, it looks like a semi simple setup from the looks, not too much jazz.
But wait, as soon as the lights go out!

Looks real Eye Candy!

Nice setup! Looks great and compact.
Should be producing enough bass. Some more pics of the front door etc... :please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 588597)

Heyyyy! How cool is that? MF Drive in action in Bangy too! And to think that he was in Bombay just around the last weekend. Man, that Palio sure zips around!

:uncontrol

A real awesome set up! good work Anwar. Satya good dude for your interest

Quote:

2 tweeters? why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 588799)
2 tweeters? why?

Thats how the rockford Fosgate component speakers have been for some time, despite of having 2 tweeters it sounds very neutral, no irrtation at all.:)

Quote:

Looks real Eye Candy!

Nice setup , but I think that light needs a fader control , coz if its dull in the night you wont see a thing in the day light and if its the other way round then in the night it will be too bright and might add up to a source of distraction for the driver .

Great install Satya! The setup looks very good.

I have a couple of questions - Would mounting the amplifiers on the boot door reduce the ventilation for them? I understand that since the amplifiers are inside the cabin, they would enjoy the A/C, but just a thought. And how were you able to take those thick wires through the door hinges? I've seen them to be pretty naroow? Excuse me if I sound dumb, I am just curious. :)

Quote:

Thats how the rockford Fosgate component speakers have been for some time, despite of having 2 tweeters it sounds very neutral, no irrtation at all.:)

I was not talking irratation. I was talking comb filtering which if anything will introduce a kinda phasey sound with HF peaks and valleys as you move your head around.

dont get me wrong, many manufacturers esp in home audio from Polk to dynaudio have found workarounds or corssover corrections to this phenomenon. it is just that these networks are too complex and expensvie to implement in a car system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 588822)
dont get me wrong, many manufacturers esp in home audio from Polk to dynaudio have found workarounds or corssover corrections to this phenomenon. it is just that these networks are too complex and expensvie to implement in a car system.

Ah! Sorry sir for not understanding your question, I got It wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 588817)
Great install Satya! The setup looks very good.

I have a couple of questions - Would mounting the amplifiers on the boot door reduce the ventilation for them? I understand that since the amplifiers are inside the cabin, they would enjoy the A/C, but just a thought. And how were you able to take those thick wires through the door hinges? I've seen them to be pretty naroow? Excuse me if I sound dumb, I am just curious. :)

There is no ventilation problem, the amps are not enclosed, only the glass around it is. Bringing the thick wires in is no problem, there is plenty space behind the amp inside the door. You don't sound dumb at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 588814)
Nice setup , but I think that light needs a fader control , coz if its dull in the night you wont see a thing in the day light and if its the other way round then in the night it will be too bright and might add up to a source of distraction for the driver .

He He! your thought is absolutely right, but you went too far with the fader etc my friend, though it would be cool to have one.
The simple thing that turns it off is a switch.:)

Quote:

I had this doubt for some time.
On the long run, how far is the amp placement prone to shocks from daily use of doors. I mean the vibrations cause while closing the doors.