Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2007, 08:52   #16
BHPian

Hello Zombie. I see that you didnt like either the Headunit or the Amp.
which headunit are we talking about?
The Kenwood KDC-MP4036U or the Alpine 9887 ???

The Amplifier is a JBL GTO75.4 if I'm not mistaken....

Also browse these links. ABX test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Project ABX

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 22nd December 2007 at 08:56.
Old 22nd December 2007, 21:20   #17
BHPian

hi zombie,

what hertz series are you planning to install? the new energy series have a soft dome tweeter if im not wrong. i don't think they will be bright. the earlier ones were bright for my taste. it has a metal dome tweeter.

if you are not getting a sub, then the kenwood 8401 amp will be a good option. and according to gunbir it is a sweet sounding amp and i wont doubt him.

for cables, you could get connection audison. they have a lot of products to suit every budget.

you can pm gunbir for more details on hertz, connection audison and damping.

cheers
clip
Old 23rd December 2007, 01:45   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
the new energy series have a soft dome tweeter if im not wrong. i don't think they will be bright. the earlier ones were bright for my taste. it has a metal dome tweeter.
not all soft domes are laid back (polk made some polyamide domes that were quite bright) and not all metal domes are forward (the Ti dome used in JBLs 250 home loudspeaker for example was not very bright).
Old 23rd December 2007, 02:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
not all soft domes are laid back (polk made some polyamide domes that were quite bright) and not all metal domes are forward (the Ti dome used in JBLs 250 home loudspeaker for example was not very bright).
hi,

maybe im wrong but i was comparing the same series. energy metal dome to energy soft dome. could the soft dome be brighter in this case?

how and why do you tweak your xos? just asking for knowledge. i tried padding the tweets but that thing was huge(2 wire wound resistors)

i think i will look around for a proper variable l-pad. can you help me get those? its not available here. if i just wire a single resistor in series or in parallel, will it adversely affect sq and the amp?

sorry for going ot. we can take this to pm. i would also like ask for a solution for a delay circuit so i could TA. im really eager to try it if its possible. and you will have to guide me regarding this. please.

thanks
clip
Old 23rd December 2007, 02:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what hertz series are you planning to install? the new energy series have a soft dome tweeter if im not wrong. i don't think they will be bright. the earlier ones were bright for my taste. it has a metal dome tweeter.
Quote:

I agree with Navin Ji. The Illusion Electra is also metal dome but it is not at all bright.
Old 23rd December 2007, 02:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

so finally what are the suggestions? getting either the jbl GTO75.4 or the ref475A below 15k or are there more suggetions to be considered before making a kill?

i too was kinda thinking for quite sometime about the amp upgrades!
Old 3rd January 2008, 20:26   #22
BHPian

Amp Help

hey guys,

Im goin for JBL GTO 607c & 937 in my swift. But im confused about the amp to go for after 75.4 got discontinued. Can you guys suggest a decent 4 channel amp for a JBL setup.
Also will the amp be powerful enough to power a sub as well.
Old 4th January 2008, 10:03   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hi,

maybe im wrong but i was comparing the same series. energy metal dome to energy soft dome. could the soft dome be brighter in this case?

how and why do you tweak your xos? just asking for knowledge. i tried padding the tweets but that thing was huge(2 wire wound resistors)

i think i will look around for a proper variable l-pad. can you help me get those? its not available here. if i just wire a single resistor in series or in parallel, will it adversely affect sq and the amp?

sorry for going ot. we can take this to pm. i would also like ask for a solution for a delay circuit so i could TA. im really eager to try it if its possible. and you will have to guide me regarding this. please.

thanks
clip
I have not heard the energy series, but my point was that one cannot generalise based on the materials used.

I first listen to the speaker and see what I dont like and note it on a note pad. then I simulate the exisiting XO (I use LSPCad becuase I am used to it and I happen to have a pro version but there are many other softwares that are just as good if not better). Once Iunderstand what eachof the components in the exisitng XO do I do that I tinker with values of these components keeping in mind that I should not under protect the tweeter or force the woofer into regions of cone breakup etc..

It is rare that I will make a drastic change like converting a 2nd order XO to 3rd order, although I have done that as well.

A single resistor in series with the tweeter (between the XO and tweeter) will change the XO freq that the tweeter XO works at. I would advise against that.

TA today is part of DSP. I dont have a circuit ready as really I am one who try to keep the signal path as short as possible. The significant difference I find with TA is when one has to align the sub to the front speakers and almost all HUs allow for that. I am confident that with the use og google you can dig up such circuits. It aint rocket science.

Last edited by navin : 4th January 2008 at 10:04.
Old 4th January 2008, 10:16   #24
BANNED

Speed Devil 75.4 is still available, visit Bangalore i am sure ull get it atleast in Grey market as saw 3 weeks back when went for buying my Sub and mono amp, shopkeeper told me that need not to worry it will be available for another 2-3 months.
Old 4th January 2008, 10:27   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_devil View Post
hey guys,
Im goin for JBL GTO 607c & 937 in my swift...Also will the amp be powerful enough to power a sub as well.
Infinity 475 or Audison SRX3/4
Old 4th January 2008, 10:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Infinity 475 or Audison SRX3/4
you can go for infinity as it will be cheaper when compared to srx.

Also Navin Ji srx3 is a 3 channel for front and sub combo.
Old 4th January 2008, 11:30   #27
BANNED

hi
i need inputs on which amp and sub to go with my existing setup for rock n metal genre , my budget 14k max including amp and sub. and please suggest me a place where i can get it done in blore.
hu: alpine cde-9881
front compo : alpine spr-17ls
rear coaxial : alpine (forgot model no. but rated to 250watts peak)
thanks in advance
Old 4th January 2008, 12:55   #28
BANNED

hi
can you guys please suggest me an amp and a sub for my existing setup , and a place where i can get them here in blore. my budget 14k max. and listen to rock and metal genre.
hu: alpine cde-9881
front compo : alpine spr-17ls
rear coaxial : alpine sps-69c2
thanks in advance
Old 4th January 2008, 14:17   #29
BHPian

Thanks for the reply guys.
Can you tell me how much does infinity 475 cost?
Old 4th January 2008, 14:51   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Also Navin Ji srx3 is a 3 channel for front and sub combo.
so is the 475 ot 75.4 if used with a sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Light View Post
my budget 14k max including amp and sub.
a good monoblock will cost you 10K, and you need 5K for the sub so try and strech that budget a bit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks