Team-BHP - swift audio setup without affecting boot space
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   swift audio setup without affecting boot space (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/29892-swift-audio-setup-without-affecting-boot-space.html)

hullo..i'm back with my doubts!!!
.. my friend wants to improve his setup in his swift..

presently he has basic SONY cd-mp3(will update model number later) system old with stock sony co-axials in front.. he's got a budget of 9000.. and wants to improve the setup.. he's mainly into hindi music with good vocals, being trained in classical himself..
please suggest good setups without affecting the boot space.. obviously good midrange, but overall sound improvement too..keen on just adding to the present setup.
besides does anyone have an idea about an installer near MALLAD, bombay.. who'll come home and ionstall
??

thanks guys...

for 9K i'd suggest just getting a pair of 6" in the front and 6x9 on an MDF rear deck. Try JBL's GT5 series or Blau GTx.

thanks ya.. 6" compos in front right? any chance of managing a sub without affectin space too much?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronk (Post 591862)
thanks ya.. 6" compos in front right? any chance of managing a sub without affectin space too much?

for a sealed sub gross volume needed is about 40-50 liters. net volume of subwoofer 25-30 liter.

optionally an IB install requires a lot less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronk (Post 591862)

with sub, the budget will also go beyond 9K....
how much is your friend willing to spend in totality... ?

oh thanks.. but whats an IB?? my friends willing to spend 8-9k for the rear speaker, sub etc..
He's already got HU and front speakers.

IB. Infinite Baffle. Basically a sub which uses the trunk as a box. it can be rear deck mounted or mounted on a wooden plank behind the rear seat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 593308)
IB. Infinite Baffle. Basically a sub which uses the trunk as a box. it can be rear deck mounted or mounted on a wooden plank behind the rear seat.

But it will be hard to do it in a swift as the gap better the rear seat and the boot door is quite less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronk (Post 593229)
oh thanks.. but whats an IB?? my friends willing to spend 8-9k for the rear speaker, sub etc..

9K for rear speakers, sub and an amplifier.....

you go for JBL CS series or Blau GTO series 2-3K

Amplifier - Sony 552 - Rs. 3790,

Sub - may be gurus on the thread may better tell if there is a sub that can be purchased with the remaining amount

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronk (Post 593229)

by the way is your friend sure that he is going to install the sub ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krato (Post 593337)
9K for rear speakers, sub and an amplifier.....

you go for JBL CS series or Blau GTO series 2-3K

Amplifier - Sony 552 - Rs. 3790,

Sub - may be gurus on the thread may better tell if there is a sub that can be purchased with the remaining amount

9K was the total budget right?

yup.. 9k total for rear speaker setup amp sub etc.. NOT INCLUDING HU and FRONT SPEAKERS.. well, not fixed on a sub.. but good overall sound...with emphasis on clear vocals

well in that case for 9K id just get a Sony 552 and a JBL GT5 sub in a box.

quick query, is it possible to have a sub without affecting boot space in a swift?
pictures will help..

Quote:

Originally Posted by babhishek (Post 594198)
quick query, is it possible to have a sub without affecting boot space in a swift?
pictures will help..

You could think of a spare wheel well sub install.
Here's the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...heel-well.html