Team-BHP - ICE setup for Logan 1.6 GLX
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   ICE setup for Logan 1.6 GLX (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/29916-ice-setup-logan-1-6-glx.html)

Guys looking for a reasonable ICE for my dad's Logan 1.6 GLX. Logan GLX comes has space for 6 inch speakers in the front doors. The rear parcel shelf will have to be cut to make space for the rear speakers. So any speaker size and shape can be fitted here. I am planning to put a simple CD/MP3 head unit with four 6 inch coax. ( Blau GTX ? ).

Do you thing fitting four 6 inch coax is a good idea. Or a 6 inch coax in the front and 6*8 ovals in the rear would be a better idea. What worries me is that 6*8 might bias the sound towards the rear of the car and produce "unsymmetrical" sound in the car. Will four 6 coax produce reasonable bass ?

Budget 15K. Recommendations about the HU and speakers welcome.
Also please let me know of any good dealers/fitters in Chandigarh.

This must be the first Logan to grace the ICE section!

Go for the max size you can fit in front. You'll probably be able to get 6.5" speakers in front (with or without a spacer, depending on the speakers). I'd suggest 6.5" components from Hertz (DSK165) or JBL (GTO607c) for about 6K. I think Illusions are now available in Bangalore too (I think the 6.5" comps in their entry-level series will be around 6K). Be sure to try them out also.

If you don;t plan for a sub anytime soon (or ever) be sure to get 6x9 coaxials in the back. The Hertz DCX693 or the GTO697 or the Illusion entry-level series would come under 6K.

You have about 3K left over, which you can use to damp the front doors to get the maximum from the mid-basses in front. That way you'll get the up-front bass you need without any rattles or such.

EDIT: I hope the 15K budget was for speakers alone. Else you might need to settle for 6.5" coaxes front and back (Or a JBL CS series 6.5" comp in front, and a 6.5" coax in back), and an entry-level HU like the Pio2950/3950 or a JVC (don't know the models, but you'll get them from 4K upwards with lots of features). The Mumbai is the entry unit from Blau and it comes to about 7.5K. Not exactly VFM at that price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 592054)
Budget 15K. Recommendations about the HU and speakers welcome.
Also please let me know of any good dealers/fitters in Chandigarh.

HU: Pio 3950/4950/5950: 6-7K
Speakers: JBL GT5 or Blau GTx series: 2 6" coax and 2 6x9 coax: 7-8K/2 pairs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 592207)
I think Illusions are now available in Bangalore too (I think the 6.5" comps in their entry-level series will be around 6K).

EDIT: I hope the 15K budget was for speakers alone.

Hydra, he is in Chandigrah. From what I know of India's geography he spend 15K in petrol alone to travel to bangalore for his ICE install.

Illusion Electra, Hertz Dieci, and JBL GTO series start at about 5-6K per pair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 592786)
Hydra, he is in Chandigrah. From what I know of India's geography he spend 15K in petrol alone to travel to bangalore for his ICE install.

Whoops! I was going by the location listed (Bangalore) under his profile-name.

Hydra forgive my ignorance. What do you mean by "damp the front doors".

And Guys wont 6*9 bias the sound towards the rear ?

ps: I live in Bangalore where my dad lives in Chandigarh/Shimla. At the moment i am in Chandigarh.

Jedi,

that means installing (sticking) damping material on the door panels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 594346)
And Guys wont 6*9 bias the sound towards the rear ?

They will, a bit. But that can be managed by the fader. And, if you get 6.5" comps up front this would not be much of an issue. The mid-basses will be able to hold up pretty well (bass-wise), and the tweeters placed high on the doors/dash will do their bit to pull the image forward.