Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 22:07   #16
BANNED

guys...i too have a 40k budget...and i have selected the foll..

front - hertz esk 165 compos
rear - hertz ecx 165 coax
sub - jbl gto1204br (bass reflex enclosure)
amp - jbl 75.4

not going in for a mono amp right now as all this costs about 37 k. i still have to add install/wires cost to it.

can anyone think of a better setup under 40k. please suggest.
Old 12th October 2007, 22:25   #17
BHPian

Why not go in for a 2 channel amp and a mono amp instead of a 4 ch amplifier ?

Your selection is good otherwise. The hertz comps are good stuff.
Why not go for an even better sub and get the enclosure made yourself ? I think you are going for that sub because it comes with company built enclosure.
Old 12th October 2007, 22:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
guys...i too have a 40k budget...and i have selected the foll..

front - hertz esk 165 compos
rear - hertz ecx 165 coax
sub - jbl gto1204br (bass reflex enclosure)
amp - jbl 75.4

not going in for a mono amp right now as all this costs about 37 k. i still have to add install/wires cost to it.

can anyone think of a better setup under 40k. please suggest.
Only the sub looks out of place to me. You can consider a sealed enclosure instead. For eg. CS1204B
Old 12th October 2007, 23:28   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Only the sub looks out of place to me. You can consider a sealed enclosure instead. For eg. CS1204B
guys..i am considering this sub, as it is very good..cause its a higher end sub than the CS1204 and the enclosure is bass reflex..which is louder and has a tighter bass than the jbl basstube or the jbl CS1204B box. guys..you got to check out the quality of the bass reflex box...its top notch and solid. i just want to know if there is anything which can sound as good as this setup. would a full JBL setup be good enough..better than the hertz.

if i buy a 2channel amp + mono amp...my budget is going to exceed and i
would have to buy a good 2 channel amp for the compos as they are hertz. the jbl 75.4 is a good 4 channel amp and also VFM.
Old 12th October 2007, 23:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
guys..i am considering this sub, as it is very good..cause its a higher end sub than the CS1204 and the enclosure is bass reflex..which is louder and has a tighter bass than the jbl basstube or the jbl CS1204B box.
Sanchit, I agree the GT1204BR is a superior product to the CS. However, I've heard both of them and I can tell you that your assumption (in bold) can change if you audition a sealed enclosure. Personally, I prefer the sound of GT4-12 to the 1204.

You may also consider an ID sub with sealed box if you'd like to. I was not trying to advice, just suggesting

At the end of the day, it is your choice.
Old 13th October 2007, 00:04   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Sanchit, I agree the GT1204BR is a superior product to the CS. However, I've heard both of them and I can tell you that your assumption (in bold) can change if you audition a sealed enclosure. Personally, I prefer the sound of GT4-12 to the 1204.

You may also consider an ID sub with sealed box if you'd like to. I was not trying to advice, just suggesting

At the end of the day, it is your choice.
thanx for the suggestions...you may be right too. do you know where can i get ID subs in delhi...i've heard they are quite good.
Old 13th October 2007, 00:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
thanx for the suggestions...you may be right too. do you know where can i get ID subs in delhi...i've heard they are quite good.
Sanchits,
Gunbir is the right person to contact,he might tell you the retailers in delhi that stock ID,BTW Gunman(BBW) is the distributor for ID subs!
Note:-Id will strech your budget even more,You can look for hertz sub they rock and difference of price for Hertz is worth it!!!!!

Last edited by Gill : 13th October 2007 at 00:16.
Old 13th October 2007, 13:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Note:-Id will strech your budget even more,You can look for hertz sub they rock and difference of price for Hertz is worth it!!!!!
ID will strech your budget. LBM uses ID in his car. However, since you are based in delhi/NCR, our fellow "akg" has a close to brand new hertz sub up for sale in market place section. However, I would strongly suggest you to audition it before buying.
Old 25th October 2007, 19:15   #24

If you want to set up a decent system with a mix of both sound quality and spl i would suggest that u start with finishing the speakers and four channel amplifiers first. then you should go for a monoblock amp and a sub when you have money.
there is a person who has done my friends swift. the system was a mix of both sound quality and spl and sounded excellent. he does this for a hobby so getting him is difficult but will help you set up the system so you can get that fit anywhere. i can post his number if someone needs.
Old 26th October 2007, 11:42   #25
BHPian

If you like vocals I would suggest gettiing 3 way components. The extra Midrange will do wonders. . And use a sealed Sub instead of a basstube
Old 26th October 2007, 11:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibzez View Post
Hi Guys!

I want to install a new ICE for the scorpio.
Would a setup of 4 Components+4 channel amp and 1 basstube+mono, be a complete and right setup. I am not a bass-head. And am looking for a very pure and clean output.
Also, I have read in many posts that a complete JBL setup gives very good sound without the need of over spending.
And if I go in for a setup from the Kicker company; which is much more expensive; would it sound extraordinarily different from JBL ?
I dont mind spending a little more. But the cost should justify the final output. I mean if going for Kicker would just give me a "marginal" better output, should I then just stick to JBL? Again considering that I am looking for more vocals than out-n-out bass.

Any sound advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
vibzez.. I would suggest if you can to go and hear both 2 way and 3 way components.. if you are into voclas like I am .. a 3 way is worth the extra money. I would not get a bass tube.. a sealed sub enclosure would be much better in terms of SQ ( as you do not want BOOM i guess ).. invest in a good 4 channel amp..and you are good...
Old 26th October 2007, 11:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
vibzez.. I would suggest if you can to go and hear both 2 way and 3 way components.. if you are into voclas like I am .. a 3 way is worth the extra money. I would not get a bass tube.. a sealed sub enclosure would be much better in terms of SQ ( as you do not want BOOM i guess ).. invest in a good 4 channel amp..and you are good...
Thanx. Yes, now certainly I am going in for a 3 way component. But what concerns me is the fitment of the 3 way on the front doors.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:23   #28
BHPian

3 way comps

how much do the 3 way comps cost???
Old 26th October 2007, 13:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx. Yes, now certainly I am going in for a 3 way component. But what concerns me is the fitment of the 3 way on the front doors.
Since You are In delhi you can PM GUNBIR/Autophile ..they will be best be able to guide you on speaker placement. If you wanna hear a 3 way set up you can always hear my car.
Old 26th October 2007, 14:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you shortlisted any 3-way ??

For a 3-way demo I also have a pair if you wanna have the audition of the same can be done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks