Team-BHP - GT 6000i, JBLs largest amplifier
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   GT 6000i, JBLs largest amplifier (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/29953-gt-6000i-jbls-largest-amplifier.html)

I was watching "The T3 show" on "NDTV good times" last night. JBL took the center stage in that show.

They are showing "an auto show in Berlin" where in one of the cars they displayed the larget amplifier from JBL.

I think the model number was GT 6000i.

dont know the details, may be Sam can put more light on this.

well you can see excerpts from that T3 show here

About the amplifier, there is very little I can say that has not been said on the internet already. It's a cult product. It's huge, it's impractical, it's expensive, it's extremely powerful and fun.

It was built by Crown engineers for JBL (Crown is one of the world's leading professional amplifier companies and is part of the Harman conglomerate)

The model number is A6000GTi.

Sam - Isn't this the amp for which LBM was telling you that he has wet dreams? :p

Yup, lol that's LBM's wet-dream amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 592982)
well you can see excerpts from that T3 show here

About the amplifier, there is very little I can say that has not been said on the internet already. It's a cult product. It's huge, it's impractical, it's expensive, it's extremely powerful and fun.

It was built by Crown engineers for JBL (Crown is one of the world's leading professional amplifier companies and is part of the Harman conglomerate)

The model number is A6000GTi.

They passed a statement for pricing.. I think it was as follows
"the price of this amplifier is the same as that of small car"......

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 593023)
Sam - Isn't this the amp for which LBM was telling you that he has wet dreams? :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 593026)
Yup, lol that's LBM's wet-dream amp.

Hmm....yes with a pair of these two subs.

:: Ground Zero :: Subwoofer / GZPW 15

Ground Zero GZPW 15SPL | EISA - European Imaging and Sound Association

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krato (Post 593135)
They passed a statement for pricing.. I think it was as follows
"the price of this amplifier is the same as that of small car"......

Yes, unfortunately the amplifier costs about Rs.500,000/- lol

Off Topic,
Sam,
Any job offer available at the moment?
FXAudio | Careers for people seeking employment with India's top Distributors for JBL - harman/kardon - Infinity - Denon ProDJ
Just went throught this and found that I myself may be fit into this.. lol lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 593280)
Yes, unfortunately the amplifier costs about Rs.500,000/- lol

:Shockked:

Sam, I would like to know something here. What is the reason for the amp to be priced so high? Is it just the sheer power or are there any special circuitry or features that are worth the price?

I am just curious that it costs so much, so what would we get from the amp, end of the day! And does it have any competition, if at all, from other manufacturers? How many of these amps are sold worldwide and in what kind of installations are they used?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 593306)
:Shockked:

Sam, I would like to know something here. What is the reason for the amp to be priced so high? Is it just the sheer power or are there any special circuitry or features that are worth the price?

I am just curious that it costs so much, so what would we get from the amp, end of the day! And does it have any competition, if at all, from other manufacturers? How many of these amps are sold worldwide and in what kind of installations are they used?

I would consider this as the R&D effort and development cost as these type of products sells quite less. Even the Ground Zero subs cost Rs 1,20,000/-

nice.. but i find hifonics more appealing - Hifonics XX-Maxximus.
here is a review -

Review written by alan from red wing, MN

I am a very proud owner of 4 of these beasts. I am running 4 18 inch solo-x subs off of these things and the first time they hit at 5 they busted the rear 3 windows of my car and i replaced them with plexi-glass, now my subs make the plaxi glass flex in and out an inch and a half both ways. the only thing i have to say is unless you got the bank and *****, this is major league and only major league. Just to give you an idea how major, just the wiring cost me $800. Peace and bump your way to freedom!

Remember you swore to put this amp in your next demo car which was supposed to be a swift.

I can only think of what the amplifier can do to even a slightly lower-rated sub. It would blow the sh!t out of the sub(s).

However, it would be fun to audition it - from a distance of course lol.

All these amps specified are for sheer madness, it's just a showcase of product capability by brands.
OT: Would love to build a car with a Maxximus someday, would be one hell of a experience. Probably a Scorpio with all seats except for driver have to be removed and then the stuff goes in. :)

Another rocking SPL subwoofer.