Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2011, 23:46   #31

Re: Anyone heard of Mega Audio ?

Not sure if I will be kicked out for resurrecting such an old thread. But I wanted to share the Mega Audio experience on this forum.

My relative has a Skoda Fabia, high-end petrol model. As it is a high end model, it came pre-fitted with a factory music system.

During a visit to the Car Accessories store and on learning that there are some good audio/video/GPS combo accessories available for Fabia, my relative decided to go for the same. So now he has the Mega Audio system fitted in his car. Volkswagen Series (Vento / Polo / Passat) This comes with some good features like Bluetooth connect, DVD player, USB connect, Rear View camera, GPS navigation (MapMyIndia), iPOD connect etc. All this is matched with the factory fitted speakers that come with Skoda Fabia.

In addition to the Head Unit replacement, Amplifier (Focal brand) and Sub-woofer was also installed in the car.

Though I was quite skeptical of the performance (Big-time fan of Pioneer audio systems) the audio performance was really good. Deep clean bass with very good mid and high range audio reproduction. My iPhone worked with it effortlessly and produced extremely good audio! Additionally, the GPS navigation worked beautifully giving useful direction pointers during music playback. The DVD playback also complemented the overall package well. Moreover the convenience of holding telephonic conversations without holding the phone or other wired/wireless devices did put a smile to our faces..!

Not sure if it has the cheap Chinese background or the reliable European evolution, but it does it job quite well. All-in-all a good overall Touchscreen-Audio-Video-GPS-Bluetooth Handsfree package.

Last edited by GTO : 6th March 2012 at 15:48. Reason: Only 2 smilies allowed, please read the board rules carefully before proceeding, thanks
coolvap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 18:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Mega Audio - OEM Headunit & Speaker Upgrades

Hello everyone,

Just got my new Polo 1.6 a week ago and even though I had planned a high end SQ audio setup, I have decided not to go ahead with it and instead just upgrade the current OEM ICE to something better but keeping the OEM look.

Now I know there are brands like Motevo, Caska & Witson available, but as per reviews, I have been told that their quality (Chinese) and after sales are questionable. I have however come across and ad in this month's issue of Overdrive where Mega Audio has introduced OEM replacement headunits and speakers which are a direct plug and play and have all the functions like built-in DVD, Bluetooth, Reverse Camera, GPS, touchscreen, etc. They also have a bass reactor (not sure what this is but I am guessing its like and active sub) available.

Need your inputs and suggestions if this is the right direction to go. Check out their products here Mega Audio | Redifining In-Car Entertainment
Old 5th March 2012, 00:01   #33
BHPian

Re: Mega Audio - OEM Headunit & Speaker Upgrades

Hello Epic,

You heard right about the new Chinese entrants in car audio. I was at a Honda dealership recently and they had fitted all their showroom cars with Caska units (Accord, City) They even had a demo guy explaining the various functions etc. Even though the fit was pretty neat and clean, reliability and long term service concerns arise. In my existing vehicle (Optra Magnum Lt) I have a JVC Head Unit AVX-800 fitted in 2007 and it still works hassle free. I can vouch for it.
Personally i would go in for a brand like Pioneer, JVC, Blaupunkt etc. Tried and tested.

My 2 cents

Sunny
Old 5th March 2012, 05:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this helps but i have Caska installed on my Civic and since i had bought it, its working flawlessly, now one might argue that its a new car and its been only 3 months since i bought it so its not long enough time to conclusively say, but on one of my relatives Innova they had fixed Caska a more then a year back and even that is working well.

I am not a huge audio buff when it comes to car audio, i prefer more features then pure audio quality, for me a decent sounding system is good enough in a car. Caska gives me MMI, Video playing capability, mp3, USB, SD Card along with radio.
Old 5th March 2012, 09:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster View Post
Hello Epic,

You heard right about the new Chinese entrants in car audio. I was at a Honda dealership recently and they had fitted all their showroom cars with Caska units (Accord, City) They even had a demo guy explaining the various functions etc. Even though the fit was pretty neat and clean, reliability and long term service concerns arise. In my existing vehicle (Optra Magnum Lt) I have a JVC Head Unit AVX-800 fitted in 2007 and it still works hassle free. I can vouch for it.
Personally i would go in for a brand like Pioneer, JVC, Blaupunkt etc. Tried and tested.

My 2 cents

Sunny
Thanks Sunny. Well I share similar thoughts and would go for a Pioneer with my eyes closed but the problem is that the OE look goes for a toss and hence I am considering Caska and the likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Not sure if this helps but i have Caska installed on my Civic and since i had bought it, its working flawlessly, now one might argue that its a new car and its been only 3 months since i bought it so its not long enough time to conclusively say, but on one of my relatives Innova they had fixed Caska a more then a year back and even that is working well.

I am not a huge audio buff when it comes to car audio, i prefer more features then pure audio quality, for me a decent sounding system is good enough in a car. Caska gives me MMI, Video playing capability, mp3, USB, SD Card along with radio.
Well this is exactly the problem. There are alot of mixed reviews here which is making this so much difficult. Actually if you look at it practically, the Pioneers, JVCs, etc are even cheaper than the Caska and the likes.
Old 5th March 2012, 11:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

I think what Pioneer and Kenwood lack is panels that have some direct button access to widely used features like the OEMs. They have a plain asymmetric looking fascias.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

I had tested the MegaAudio unit for fitting it in my Fortuner and sadly I was a tad disappointed by its sound quality and interface. Better to go in for Pioneer/Sony/Blaupunkt any day than these Caska/Mega Audio aka chinese units.
Old 3rd May 2012, 19:49   #38
BHPian

Well I had gone for a audio upgrade for my swift but unlike some of the others on the thread I had not gone in for a HU upgrade but a Amp and Sub upgrade. Ended up buying a Mega Audio 475 4 Channel Amp for 4200 and a JBL 12" in a sealed enclosure. The amp did come with a B&W valid for one year.

Coming to the first hand experience I am sorry to report that the Amp started giving me problems from the very first hour of driving away from the shop. The left front channel audio was coming and going as soon as the car hit the bumps. At first instance I thought its a wiring problem and as it was pretty late at night I thought I will revisit the issue and if required the shop on the next day but next day being a weekly off for the shop and after that my busy schedule and my office and the shop being at the opposite end of the city I ended up visiting the shop only after 9 days or so. In the mean time I got the setup checked by another small tuner shop and he confirmed that the problem is with the one of mofsets inside the amp and he only informed me that Mega Audio is a Chinese brand and I should get the amp replaced.

Coming to the good part upon returning to the shop the owner welcomed me back with a smile and offered me to swap the amp for same or of a different make as per my choice. I ended up giving Mega Audio another chance as any company can have a defective piece. Swapped the amp yesterday(A new sealed piece straight from the box) and since then its working all right.

To the amp quality and output I am very much satisfied with the sound quality as well as the power delivered by the amp. I have also upgraded to Infinity reference compos in the front with a pioneer coaxial at the back and a JBL 12" sub. The compos and the sub being powered by the Mega Audio amp. The HU being used is Pioneer 6050 single din(not the double din). The setup sounds sweet and I would recommend the Mega Audio amps for peeps on budget.

Last edited by Switch : 3rd May 2012 at 19:51.
Old 15th April 2016, 22:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have around 10 units of single din MegaAudio MAR31 and MAR32 and 10 units of double din MAR40 fitted in my fleet vehicles.

For a price of around Rs.2200 per unit for MAR31 and Rs.4500 for MAR40, there was no match for the quality they were offering at this price point.

Since mine were fleet vehicles, initially, I went in for cheap Chinese products. But, they were unreliable and got wiped out in a few months. And there was no warranty with them.

Then, I tried MegaAudio for a few vehicles, and was immensely impressed with the quality, touch and feel (for the price) and then bought more for the rest of the vehicles.

Paired with a nice pair of front door speakers, the output was beyond my expectation.

For an average guy, in my opinion, it was more than enough.

It has been a year since the fitments, considering the harsh use by drivers, the MegaAudios have been going strong. Not a single one of them has broken down, no knob has fallen out, no button has faulted till now.

So, till the time anyone else comes in with a better quality at the same price point, they have become my default choice.
Old 9th May 2017, 01:11   #40
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Was thinking about replacing my OEM system in my SX4 with a touchscreen system. One of the shops at Milan Subway is pushing the Mega Audio in a big way. Direct fit - so he says. No cutting of wires etc. It is "Made in China", has a 1 year warranty. It is a new launch and is an Android unit. Looks smart. Well finished. It is almost a mirror image of an Android phone. It has DVD, USB, SD Card playback, FM/AM, Reverse Camera, Bluetooth, Navigation with either "Navi" or "Google maps" and it can be linked with the steering mounted controls. It also has the "Play Store" so you can download whatever you want. 7 inch TFT LCD HD screen. Picture quality was quite good. If required, the next model up comes with a CD/DVD player as well. Cost is Rs. 24,000.00 which I thought was a bit steep.

Anyone had any experience with this? Any advice?

Rgds,
SS
Old 9th May 2017, 01:24   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

Was thinking about replacing my OEM system in my SX4 with a touchscreen system. One of the shops at Milan Subway is pushing the Mega Audio in a big way. Direct fit - so he says. No cutting of wires etc. It is "Made in China", has a 1 year warranty. It is a new launch and is an Android unit. Looks smart. Well finished. It is almost a mirror image of an Android phone. It has DVD, USB, SD Card playback, FM/AM, Reverse Camera, Bluetooth, Navigation with either "Navi" or "Google maps" and it can be linked with the steering mounted controls. It also has the "Play Store" so you can download whatever you want. 7 inch TFT LCD HD screen. Picture quality was quite good. If required, the next model up comes with a CD/DVD player as well. Cost is Rs. 24,000.00 which I thought was a bit steep.

Rgds,
SS
If you want Navi/ touchscreen etc. I would suggest look at the Sony XAV-100. For 26k, it has both android auto and apple carplay. Also Rear view cam input. And obviously Usb, aux,fm but No discs. I feel that's the best option in that range. And you can easily get a 2 din adapter kit for the SX4 to fit any HU in.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 07:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

Was thinking about replacing my OEM system in my SX4 with a touchscreen system. One of the shops at Milan Subway is pushing the Mega Audio in a big way. Direct fit - so he says. No cutting of wires etc. It is "Made in China", has a 1 year warranty.

Rgds,

SS

Mega audio is a decent brand. At the time I bought my Elantra in 13, this was the only audio maker that was offering a touch screen perfect fit for the car. This was Installed by the dealer.

It's been running now for 4 years without any issues. Have done a couple of map updates since. That's it.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 22:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Mega audio is a decent brand
+1 to that.

My car is fitted with a Mega Audio single din unit along with Sony speakers. The audio quality is okay for a non connoisseur. Has options for USB, SD card and Aux inputs. Can't use CDs though.

Has been almost five years since I purchased it and I must say I have not been disappointed .
Old 12th May 2017, 17:07   #44
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Where is it available in Bangalore? The 8 and 10 inch models for Creta look interesting.
Dont seem to find the price or dealer details on the website.
Old 17th May 2017, 18:13   #45

I had installed the Mega Audio OEM Replacement System in My 2010 Cruze in 2013. Not only did it fit perfectly in the car, it also contolled the security system, In car lights and a few other features that I didnt expect.

The dealer was quoting 45k for a Kaska Equivalent.

But in my personal experience worked very well (though i sold the car a week ago) with same sound output as the original system that came in the Cruze.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks